D23 2024 Disneyland Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

dmeets

I doubt they'll say anything about Tomorrowland, or that anything substantial even happens with it this decade. My guesses for announcements this year are more details on Avatar, an update on the Avengers timeline, and the Eastern Gateway. Then it'll be onto talking about the WDW expansions, DCL, and Fortnite.

Edit: maaaybe they'll tease some Disneyland Forward ideas, assuming City Council gives the green light by then. Probably teasing Frozen and Zootopia mini-lands since those were on the flyers that were recently mailed out to Anaheim residents.

J4546

Yeah DTD is shaping up nicely with tons of food options in the next couple months. Din Tai, Portos, Centrico, many more.... Im also into the mid century breezeblocks look. SO far so good imo

mickEblu

Original Poster
They announced more of their DTD reimagining today on the Parks blog. Paseo, Céntrico, and Tiendita are all opening May, with Din Tai Fung opening later this summer. Calling out the new bits of info:

With what's coming to DTD (including Parkside Market, Porto's, and not-yet-confirmed permanent Earl of Sandwich location), things are definitely looking up for the area. Need them to address the old ESPN Zone and Star Wars Trading Post/Rainforest Cafe though as those definitely stick out like a sore thumb.

Wow they re really upping their food game at DTD. I don’t think we’ll hear about ESPN Zone and Ranforest for a while. They re right in the middle DL Forwars Zone. Who knows, it could be a second esplanade.

Nirya

I swear it feels like Paseo and Centrico have been under construction since the pandemic but good to see that's finally wrapping up.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Iger also squashed the idea of coming back to Disney in 2022...
And if the BoD begs Iger (or some future CEO) to have a 3rd gate in Anaheim I'm sure things will change course. However that doesn't look to be in the cards for Anaheim based on what we know today. So if they move forward with plans to have a hotel and retail district like a Disney Springs on Toy Story lot, that pretty much puts to end the 3rd gate discussions at least in the current Resort layout.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
And if the BoD begs Iger (or some future CEO) to have a 3rd gate in Anaheim I'm sure things will change course. However that doesn't look to be in the cards for Anaheim based on what we know today. So if they move forward with plans to have a hotel and retail district like a Disney Springs on Toy Story lot, that pretty much puts to end the 3rd gate discussions at least in the current Resort layout.
I'm not saying it would happen anytime soon but I doubt they're going waste over 70 acres of land in Anaheim on a shopping district especially while redoing DTD right now. You're not going to be able to find that much space like that again.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm not saying it would happen anytime soon but I doubt they're going waste over 70 acres of land in Anaheim on a shopping district especially while redoing DTD right now. You're not going to be able to find that much space like that again.
This debate has been had many times over the years. We'll just have to see what happens. But the one thing to remember is that 70 acres is not all on-stage guest usable space. I figure at least a third of it would be taken up by infrastructure and backstage area. So that doesn't leave you with a huge amount of space to build out a large 3rd gate. So if it was to happen you'd end up with a half day park at best.

waltography

Wow they re really upping their food game at DTD. I don’t think we’ll hear about ESPN Zone and Ranforest for a while. They re right in the middle DL Forwars Zone. Who knows, it could be a second esplanade.
Ah yes, good point. Honestly, the ESPN Zone isn't too bad looking if they reworked it a bit; the brickwork itself could totally fit into the mid-century modern look that the west side is adopting if they removed the metal panel work. Rainforest Cafe is a complete wash though.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

I touched on this in other threads but apparently since Mystic Henry said Hollywoodland going away and Avatar separately, some people over on the Inside Universal forums think Avatar will not be replacing Hollywoodland but instead will be going in the Simba lot. Some Disney YouTubers like Fresh baked also share the same sentiments.

I wonder if the rumored new expansion for DHS will be cloned to DCA as the HL replacement. Disney loves to build two copies of lands to maximize those R&D costs.

Disney Vault

I touched on this in other threads but apparently since Mystic Henry said Hollywoodland going away and Avatar separately, some people over on the Inside Universal forums think Avatar will not be replacing Hollywoodland but instead will be going in the Simba lot. Some Disney YouTubers like Fresh baked also share the same sentiments.

I wonder if the rumored new expansion for DHS will be cloned to DCA as the HL replacement. Disney loves to build two copies of lands to maximize those R&D costs.
What is the rumored DHS expansion?

Consumer

Don't know other than it has popped up fairly recently by insiders on the forum as something that could be announced at D23. This land would take out the Launch Bay building and expand behind Animation Courtyard.
I'm very curious as to what this could possibly be. Star Wars, Avatar, and Indiana Jones all already have spots at WDW, and Marvel is not accessible to the Florida parks. Though I know it won't be, deep down I would love to see DHS get a Muppets land. That's something I wouldn't be entirely opposed to in DCA.

truecoat

This debate has been had many times over the years. We'll just have to see what happens. But the one thing to remember is that 70 acres is not all on-stage guest usable space. I figure at least a third of it would be taken up by infrastructure and backstage area. So that doesn't leave you with a huge amount of space to build out a large 3rd gate. So if it was to happen you'd end up with a half day park at best.

The difference between DCA and the Toy Story parking lot is roughly 5 acres. If you remove the water area by Pixar Pier, it's a wash. It is possible to put a full-day park in this spot.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

I'm very curious as to what this could possibly be. Star Wars, Avatar, and Indiana Jones all already have spots at WDW, and Marvel is not accessible to the Florida parks. Though I know it won't be, deep down I would love to see DHS get a Muppets land. That's something I wouldn't be entirely opposed to in DCA.
I have been hoping for a catch all area themed to Disney Animation studios proper. You can have rides themed to a certain aspect of WDAS that can be updated to incorporate elements of the latest WDAS film whenever it comes out.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The difference between DCA and the Toy Story parking lot is roughly 5 acres. If you remove the water area by Pixar Pier, it's a wash. It is possible to put a full-day park in this spot.
But I imagine that DL and DCA share a bunch of backstage services that wouldn't be available to Toy Story since its farther away and more isolated. So any backstage services that can't be shared would need to be built into the site. Which is why it wouldn't be the same usable size as DCA, likely a half day park. Or at least that has been what has been said when this topic has been brought up before. Maybe that is all wrong and it can work being isolated away as much as it is.

Anyways I'm sure if its possible Disney will do it, otherwise if not they won't.

DisneyAJ

In regards to the Toy Story lot, no matter what gets built there be it Gate 3 or Disney Springs West, I’m sure Disney will attempt to obtain some, if not all of the land the surrounding hotels are on. Which is about 14 acres. I doubt they’d be able to get all of it, but I could see them getting about half which would still make it larger than DCA.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Marvel is accessible to the Florida parks, just not all of the characters. The easy way to know what characters can't be used is if its in IOA then it can't be used in WDW, otherwise it might be safe to use. Its why Cosmic Rewind can feature Guardians. Or why they've had Dr Strange as a walk around character.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
In regards to the Toy Story lot, no matter what gets built there be it Gate 3 or Disney Springs West, I’m sure Disney will attempt to obtain some, if not all of the land the surrounding hotels are on. Which is about 14 acres. I doubt they’d be able to get all of it, but I could see them getting about half which would still make it larger than DCA.
There were rumors long ago that Disney already owns some of those apartments and such around the site. However I would imagine if they were trying to make that site larger they would have been trying to buy more of it long ago, which doesn't appear to be the case. Maybe they do in the future, who knows.

DisneyAJ

There were rumors long ago that Disney already owns some of those apartments and such around the site. However I would imagine if they were trying to make that site larger they would have been trying to buy more of it long ago, which doesn't appear to be the case. Maybe they do in the future, who knows.
I had no idea. Do you happen to know which ones are rumored to be owned by them?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom