D23 2024 Disneyland Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

mickEblu

Original Poster
I don’t think this would be announced at this years D23 (if true) or how far into development it may be this but Yensid teased a Coco ride for DCA. Apparently the one going to the MK will basically be Soarin 2.0. Which got me thinking if it does get cloned for DCA that means Soarin and Grizzly Peak Airfield (the old Condor Flats, not the whole land) are in jeopardy. I doubt they’d want “another version of Soarin” at the same park. I wonder if they would turn that little strip and Soarin into Santa Cecilia or something. Hope not. I’ll take an actual addition somewhere else in the park though.

This seems like the kind of thing they would do though. It’s like the San Fransokyo retheme but with a ride too. Take something non IP and make it IP. Might be a cheaper way to add something new after all the big $$$ is spent on Avatar and Avengers. It also doesn’t require a retheme of Grizzly Peak proper or The Grand Californian as it was originally designed as a different land anyway.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I’m very curious what the Peoplemover coming in a “new way” means exactly. New layout? New ride system? New design?

I dunno but if it doesn’t come back with the multi color vehicles I don’t want it. I’m thinking some show scenes for sure. Whether it’s in the old Tron tunnel or part of the Buzz building. Stitch or Wall E might be an option. Then I remember hearing rumors that if it did come back it would only circle around TL proper now. No more Autopia/ Subs area.

mickEblu

Original Poster
The pixie duster in me says Yay announce it all with start dates. But the realists in me, and not to doubt the poster that said it, says nothing else but 1 (without the ride system announcement) and maybe 2 and 5 get said out loud at D23 with a sprinkling of teases for the rest.

I think Avatar for sure. 50/50 on the ride system being announced. I think at this point they have to give some actual detail in regards to the Avengers. This is like the 4th D23 theylll bring it up. Lol. Don’t really care about “Disney Springs.” 65/35 on People Mover getting announced with TL with one piece of concept art.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
How long til nobody is riding the PeopleMover? Lol jk. I think the parks are so crowded there would always be a modest line. I also think that they’ll be adding some show scenes and a story somehow to make it more “interesting.” There is mo way it comes back IP free.

Tha Realest

I don’t think this would be announced at this years D23 (if true) or how far into development it may be this but Yensid teased a Coco ride for DCA. Apparently the one going to the MK will basically be Soarin 2.0. Which got me thinking if it does get cloned for DCA that means Soarin and Grizzly Peak Airfield (the old Condor Flats, not the whole land) are in jeopardy. I doubt they’d want “another version of Soarin” at the same park. I wonder if they would turn that little strip and Soarin into Santa Cecilia or something. Hope not. I’ll take an actual addition somewhere else in the park though.

This seems like the kind of thing they would do though. It’s like the San Fransokyo retheme but with a ride too. Take something non IP and make it IP. Might be a cheaper way to add something new after all the big $$$ is spent on Avatar and Avengers. It also doesn’t require a retheme of Grizzly Peak proper or The Grand Californian as it was originally designed as a different land anyway.
I don’t think they’d go through the expense of tearing down or retrofitting Soarin. The new ride system would require more work to the existing one.

Now, I could see them using it for this Avengers ride (as originally envisioned) but that seems to be going the way of the new Peter Pan ride system?

mickEblu

Original Poster
I don’t think they’d go through the expense of tearing down or retrofitting Soarin. The new ride system would require more work to the existing one.

Now, I could see them using it for this Avengers ride (as originally envisioned) but that seems to be going the way of the new Peter Pan ride system?

You could be right but I could see it going there. Another Soarin ride would have a height requirement of 40 inches +. What’s getting lost in the shuffle is the park will be losing one of its only family friendly dark rides in Monsters for Avatar Land. So making Coco a ride with such a tall height requirement doesn’t really make sense. Avengers will also have at least a 40 inch height requirement.

The ride system for Avengers is rumored to be like Transformers but on a motion base

DrAlice

How long til nobody is riding the PeopleMover? Lol jk. I think the parks are so crowded there would always be a modest line. I also think that they’ll be adding some show scenes and a story somehow to make it more “interesting.” There is mo way it comes back IP free.

Yes, at today's crowd levels, not much is a walk-on anymore. Doesn't WDW's version have constant visitors?

The pods from the original Incredibles movie would work.

Honestly, I'll take ANY version of a peoplemover. Well, as long as it is still outdoors (kinetic energy!) and is family-friendly.

trainplane3

Yes, at today's crowd levels, not much is a walk-on anymore. Doesn't WDW's version have constant visitors?

The pods from the original Incredibles movie would work.

Honestly, I'll take ANY version of a peoplemover. Well, as long as it is still outdoors (kinetic energy!) and is family-friendly.
I've seen it be a walk on to having a half hour wait (which leads to very long overflow that clears pretty quickly), all within an hour. It's gotten more popular over the years. But it's a great attraction to have since it can just move guests through so easily.

BrianLo

I assume Pandora will be there, since it officially looks more baked than I expected. Either Animal Kingdom, Pandora (or both) are vying for the model on the show floor. So Hollywood land is contingent on the model clearing it up for us.

Avengers you'd think would be under construction by summer... At the bare minimum that project is 6 months longer into development, we're running low on excuses.

But I'm calling shenanigans on PeopleMover.

Disneyland Forward *might* get the Blue Sky Session this time around. Which I really wish was better received amongst these parts last time, because I liked the blue sky session - particularly since the projects are largely still coming together. It is fun to see the evolution of these concepts and that's why I am a member of these forums. 😂

Coco, Zootopia and Frozen were all highlighted in the clip in the shareholders meeting.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I assume Pandora will be there, since it officially looks more baked than I expected. Either Animal Kingdom, Pandora (or both) are vying for the model on the show floor. So Hollywood land is contingent on the model clearing it up for us.

Avengers you'd think would be under construction by summer... At the bare minimum that project is 6 months longer into development, we're running low on excuses.

Disneyland Forward *might* get the Blue Sky Session this time around. Which I really wish was better received amongst these parts last time, because I liked the blue sky session - particularly since the projects are largely still coming together. It is fun to see the evolution of these concepts and that's why I am a member of these forums. 😂

Coco, Zootopia and Frozen were all highlighted in the clip in the shareholders meeting.
Avatar in DLR is Iger's pet project. That is 100% getting brought up at D23, I suspect with fleshed out concept art and even hopefully a starting construction date.

DLForward is the other thing I'm 100% sure is getting "air time". They want to show they are working with Anaheim on the future of DLR, no better time to bring it up.

britain

The blue sky session was ripped into because there was no “concrete session” to complement it. AND because it erased the LAST blue sky session as irrelevant. (“Forget what we said before about AK… here’s what we’re dreaming now… that will also make what we said about beyond big thunder moot.”)

There was no way Josh could make those presentations satisfying. He did his best to tap dance and smile, but he knew leadership needed to change direction to bring the goods.

TP2000

Here's where I am mentally on this D23 Expo question...

I'm sure at least two or three of the things mentioned in this thread will be announced for Disneyland Resort. Assuming that Anaheim City Council rubber stamps the DisneylandForward rezoning plan later this spring, and I think we all know they will, Disney will then need to go ahead and admit that something major is actually approved for either Disneyland and/or DCA.

Josh D'Amaro has to know he can not do another one of these dog and pony shows and just show vague concept art for a "maybe" blue sky idea that means nothing. He'll have to say something concrete about Disneyland Resort, with an announced construction start and end date, and a bullet point list of its major attractions/features.

That said, all of that can change in an instant. Remember the last big D23 Expo where they pulled the New Tomorrowland announcement and basically said nothing instead? Yeah.

So with that, the most interesting thing I'm looking forward to seeing is how they manage the logistics and transportation between the Anaheim Convention Center and the Honda Center. How many buses will they use? Where is the transit center for all this at both the ACC and Honda Center? Who is in charge of that? How is that plan managed and communicated?

If a city bus holds an average of 50 people per bus, it would take 300 bus trips to move 15,000 people one-way to the Honda Center. Or, if one third of the people Uber or drive themselves with 2 passengers per car, it would take 200 bus trips and 2,500 car trips to move 15,000 people one-way to the Honda Center. Then reverse it after the show.

That should be fun to watch!

Damnation Alley.jpg

Last edited:

TP2000

Capacity Fun Portion Of The Thread! 🥳

If it takes 30 minutes for a bus carrying 50 people to load/travel/unload/return from the Convention Center to the Honda Center, each bus could do 2 round trips per hour, right? 4 minutes loading at ACC, 11 minutes traveling, 4 minutes unloading at HC, 11 minutes traveling back to ACC. That's 100 people per bus, per hour, one-way.

If you need to get 10,000 people to the Honda Center, you'd need a fleet of 100 buses to move that number in one hour.

If you've only got 50 buses running that route, it's going to take 2 hours to move 10,000 people to the Honda Center, then another 2 hours to move them back to the ACC after the Honda Center show.

Let's hope they're planning for 100 or more buses. But if you add 100 buses to Katella Avenue, what does that do to overall traffic congestion and your trip time? Does it become a 40 minute round trip instead of 30 minutes, thus decreasing your hourly capacity by 20% or more?

BrianLo

The blue sky session was ripped into because there was no “concrete session” to complement it. AND because it erased the LAST blue sky session as irrelevant. (“Forget what we said before about AK… here’s what we’re dreaming now… that will also make what we said about beyond big thunder moot.”)

There was no way Josh could make those presentations satisfying. He did his best to tap dance and smile, but he knew leadership needed to change direction to bring the goods.

Oh yes, I get it. But there was almost nothing concrete to talk about either.

I just hope the message is 'we also need concrete', not 'never talk about non-concrete things again'. Because I've seen a lot of the latter in some sentiments and I disagree.

I for one was happy to know DAK was being actively explored and that they were shocking us with a big MK expansion down the road. Even if neither were concrete in the slightest, they weren't lies either.

Here we are 18 months later and the concrete thing (Avengers) is seemingly more up in the air than the make-believe. Disneyland Forward the biggest make believe of all. 😂

BrianLo

Here's where I am mentally on this D23 Expo question...

I'm sure at least two or three of the things mentioned in this thread will be announced for Disneyland Resort. Assuming that Anaheim City Council rubber stamps the DisneylandForward rezoning plan later this spring, and I think we all know they will, Disney will then need to go ahead and admit that something major is actually approved for either Disneyland and/or DCA.

Josh D'Amaro has to know he can not do another one of these dog and pony shows and just show vague concept art for a "maybe" blue sky idea that means nothing. He'll have to say something concrete about Disneyland Resort, with an announced construction start and end date, and a bullet point list of its major attractions/features.

That said, all of that can change in an instant. Remember the last big D23 Expo where they pulled the New Tomorrowland announcement and basically said nothing instead? Yeah.

So with that, the most interesting thing I'm looking forward to seeing is how they manage the logistics and transportation between the Anaheim Convention Center and the Honda Center. How many buses will they use? Where is the transit center for all this at both the ACC and Honda Center? Who is in charge of that? How is that plan managed and communicated?

If a city bus holds an average of 50 people per bus, it would take 300 bus trips to move 15,000 people one-way to the Honda Center. Or, if one third of the people Uber or drive themselves with 2 passengers per car, it would take 200 bus trips and 2,500 car trips to move 15,000 people one-way to the Honda Center. Then reverse it after the show.

That should be fun to watch!

View attachment 777957

I think that the Toy Story Lot will be the pick up and drop off point. Logistically that shouldn't be that atrocious, but they'll need to hire out some more buses. WDW could pull it off without trying, but I think DLR will need some contracted work.

Capacity Fun Portion Of The Thread! 🥳

If it takes 30 minutes for a bus carrying 50 people to load/travel/unload/return from the Convention Center to the Honda Center, each bus could do 2 round trips per hour, right? 4 minutes loading at ACC, 11 minutes traveling, 4 minutes unloading at HC, 11 minutes traveling back to ACC. That's 100 people per bus, per hour, one-way.

If you need to get 10,000 people to the Honda Center, you'd need a fleet of 100 buses to move that number in one hour.

If you've only got 50 buses running that route, it's going to take 2 hours to move 10,000 people to the Honda Center, then another 2 hours to move them back to the ACC after the Honda Center show.

Let's hope they're planning for 100 or more buses. But if you add 100 buses to Katella Avenue, what does that do to overall traffic congestion and your trip time? Does it become a 40 minute round trip instead of 30 minutes, thus decreasing your hourly capacity by 20% or more?

Looks like capacity is slightly under 9k. The convention event also closes before the Honda Event, so a non-insignificant number will find their own way (probably many with their own cars).

What will be interesting is if they have more than one transport option? One would think the Disneyland hotels would offer transit... the deluxe ones kind of better...

As weird as it is to say, they really need some WDW management on this problem. They constantly move 50k people for major events like Run Disney.

Last edited:

Gusey

The blue sky elements aren't new either, the 2017 D23 Expo teased Avengers Campus by showing a manhole cover and said that they're working on something else Marvel for DCA outside of Guardians. They can always make an announcement that they are working on Disneyland Forward without stating anything specific, but it could be specifying what will be used for theme park space and what will be used for shopping etc.

TimeDuck

These would all be needed and welcome changes I think. Most importantly they all seem plausible, and not completely blue sky.

Downtown Disney is in what I would qualify as the worst state its ever been since it's inception. Avatar has been teased (several times). Avengers E ticket has been teased (several times).

The only one that I will remain in "believe it until I see it" (and by "it" I mean shovels in the ground) mode on, is the PeopleMover coming back. If only because it pops up by sheer force of wishful thinking every D23. And we know there's no way for them to re-use that existing infrastructure. I think any announcement of this would have to accompany the announcement of the long rumored Tomorrowland overhaul.

DCA needs much more capacity help than DL, and gun to my head the Avatar teasing is for DCA. There's no way they start two large scale construction projects in both parks simultaneously, so I think any possible Tomorrowland project is at least one more D23 away, likely two.

My other theory is that they have no concrete plans for any kind of Disneyland Forward development (other than a hotel I'm guessing) and won't be announcing anything related to that this year. I think it's all lip service for the last city council rubber stamp.

waltography

Downtown Disney is in what I would qualify as the worst state its ever been since it's inception. Avatar has been teased (several times). Avengers E ticket has been teased (several times).
They announced more of their DTD reimagining today on the Parks blog. Paseo, Céntrico, and Tiendita are all opening May, with Din Tai Fung opening later this summer. Calling out the new bits of info:

New Steakhouse and BBQ Concepts Coming to Downtown Disney

We’re excited to let you in on more mouth-watering plans we have underway! Two new restaurant concepts – a steakhouse restaurant and an adjacent barbecue eatery – are in the works for the Downtown Disney District. These will be located on the footprint of the former Tortilla Jo’s. We look forward to sharing more, soon!

Expansion and Reimagination Coming to Marceline’s Confectionery   

Expansion and Reimagination Coming to Marceline’s Confectionery

Something sweet is underway at Marceline’s Confectionery. We’re designing an all-new, expanded and completely reimagined confection experience featuring your favorite treats and fun new tasty offerings! While work on this location will soon be in progress, you can visit Marceline’s cart coming soon to the district to pick up your caramel apples, churro toffee and other handcrafted goodies.

During this transformation of Marceline’s, The Disney Dress Shop has temporarily moved to the WonderGround Gallery location, and select items from WonderGround Gallery may be found in Disney Home.

With what's coming to DTD (including Parkside Market, Porto's, and not-yet-confirmed permanent Earl of Sandwich location), things are definitely looking up for the area. Need them to address the old ESPN Zone and Star Wars Trading Post/Rainforest Cafe though as those definitely stick out like a sore thumb.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom