D23 2012 Events announced Including Epcot's 30th

RSoxNo1

I've said it before and I've said it again - this is the type of thing D23 should be doing. D23 was created for the fan boys, and these types of events are geared towards fan boys.

I really, really hope to be able to go on the 30th anniversary. I wouldn't even mind ... well, scratch that, I wouldn't be surprised if they hardly do anything to mark the occasion. Instead of braving the crowds at MK for the 40th, I was at EPCOT marking it's 29th anniversary. Of course, there was nothing to mark the occasion, but I didn't expect anything.

The cost of D23 is pretty hefty, so they'd have to do a lot of events worth going to in Orlando... and I would hope many of them would be outside of the parks, actually, since I cannot afford an AP. But if they did announce events for members that involved odes to classic EPCOT Center, I'd really consider it!

llrain

Please don't let d23 take over Epcot's birthday if they do anything for it. Please don't let d23 take over Epcot's birthday if they do anything for it.
Stay out of it D23, peddle your merchandise somewhere else.

SyracuseOrange

Anyone planning on going to Destination D: 75 Years Of Disney Animation? I'm going to be in San Francisco for August, and I'm considering going down to Disneyland for this event and to see Cars Land.

flavious27

OK, so we are now 7 months away from EPCOT's 30th Anniversary.

Lee, Martin, Raven, Communicore, danlb, Insider Imagine, Disneyroks etc.

Are we going to get more than just a "tag" to Illuminations ROE, a small ceremony at the FON and some guest speakers?

I was actually surprised that we got as much as we did for MK 40th Anniversary.

Any chance at all they could have a very small parade using the Tapestry of Nations puppets and .. if any .. drum floats from it?

Edit: would be nice if they announced they are bringing back the Lights of Winter, (even if it were for just 1 more year) but I know that they are probably chomping at the bit to bury them in some landfill.

Only 7 months to my 30th birthday, lost count.

MKCP 1985

I've said it before and I've said it again - this is the type of thing D23 should be doing. D23 was created for the fan boys, and these types of events are geared towards fan boys.

Please don't let d23 take over Epcot's birthday if they do anything for it. Please don't let d23 take over Epcot's birthday if they do anything for it.
Stay out of it D23, peddle your merchandise somewhere else.

:lookaroun

WDWFigment

no i didnt....I cant stand d23, its a big rip off

Well, then you're also going to miss the excellent "big rip off" Epcot 30th event that D23 is planning.

The event should be pretty awesome, and most fans will find it MORE worthwhile than Walt Disney World's 40th anniversary on October 1, 2011.

TropicalFig8

I'm planning to be there on the 30th hopefully if I can get a flight down to Florida.

I'm glad D23 is taking this over. Destination D was spectacular last year and D23 was made for the fans so why not?

When do you think they'll have merchandise? I remember WDW 40th had all kinds of merchandise before October.

llrain

Well, if its anything like the last expo letdown they pulled off I wouldn't hold my breath.
Also just cause its a d23 things doesnt mean it will be this spectatular celebration.

Its still disney doing the planning and we all know how the last few birthdays or big Plans they have had went over

This past New Years so called HUGE announcement disney themselves
hyped up was a dud, open 24 hours, ya so what its the first time they did it.
Not worth the hype

WDW 40 bombed, you barely got extra wishes additions

Epcots 25th was barely celebrated, a boring morning ceremony and an extra tag to illuminations. No fan fare at all.

Well, then you're also going to miss the excellent "big rip off" Epcot 30th event that D23 is planning.

The event should be pretty awesome, and most fans will find it MORE worthwhile than Walt Disney World's 40th anniversary on October 1, 2011.

Texas84

Oct. 1 is a Monday. Any chance they do anything on the weekend? Or am I just going to have to take Monday & Tuesday off? :confused:

PalisadesPkteer

Lee, unless you are a D23 member and get the special event, are we going to be under whelmed?

Feel like we will get a small ceremony, some special guest, some 30th Anniversary merchandise and a tag to Illuminations ROE. (Gee, this sounds familiar )

blm07

I'm not going to join D23 just to watch some lady say "We've just begun to dream" over and over, followed by a 3 hour line to buy a limited edition pins :ROFLOL:

Can't they just let everyone that comes to the park have the fun? I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for something like Destination D, but don't make me have a subscription for a magazine that I don't really care for. Epcot's 25th was pretty cool, just cause so many Epcot fans were there. The presentation in the theater, 25th exhibit, and music were all cool too. The stage show was kinda silly.

Come on everyone! We've just begun to dream! We've just begun to dream! We've just begun to dream! Now let's gather round and pour some used grease from a Test Track vehicle into the Fountain of Nations!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom