Current News on the possible Disneyland's 4th Hotel

MKeeler

Question regarding the DVC component of all this - I know there is a very small allotment for timeshare in the Disney Resort Specific Plan. Does the DSRP currently cover all of the Disney owned land in the Eastern Gateway? If not, with the Cleo structure being constructed, could Disney conceivably build a large hotel with a major DVC presence on some parcel of the Eastern Gateway land since is would be in the Anaheim resort plan, accompanied by a smaller parking structure? That could put a lot of DVC units within very close distance to the park.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Question regarding the DVC component of all this - I know there is a very small allotment for timeshare in the Disney Resort Specific Plan. Does the DSRP currently cover all of the Disney owned land in the Eastern Gateway? If not, with the Cleo structure being constructed, could Disney conceivably build a large hotel with a major DVC presence on some parcel of the Eastern Gateway land since is would be in the Anaheim resort plan, accompanied by a smaller parking structure? That could put a lot of DVC units within very close distance to the park.

OK, the only piece of land in the DRSP is the Pummba Lot, which is designated for a Parking Structure. Those rights, along with the infrastructure to access the freeways are too valuable to give up.

The large empty land (and the USCIS building) off Manchester plus the Carousel Inn are not, in the DRSP. and why Disney couldn't get it past the Planning Commission.

Now, there is the current timeshare on top of the Anaheim Garden Walk parking structure owned by Westgate Resorts. Disney could always buy the rights, but it would be subject to the ALWI if passed.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
I hope this particular hotel is cancelled. Why not build a WDW Polynesian style hotel or even a tropical waterpark? Something magical. The renderings for that hotel were a complete zero. Is the Rainforest Cafe going to relocate nearby? Anyone?
Doubt it. The chain has been closing locations, including the one that was in South Coast Plaza. A fad that faded, and with the high costs to operate in California, well even one of their newer themes probably wouldn't work.

WEDwaydatamover

Mine too Constance. I think that leaves 1 left in CA. I'm in FL - we still have a few. I was going to make Rainforest and Trader Sams my daily headquarters for daily lunch Pastalaya and Panama Punch on my next trip. Hopefully like House of Blues they will relocate sooner than later and closer.

WEDwaydatamover

Damn. I spent the night in Ontario once. Did not know there was a Rainforest there. I kick myself now.

Are they folding or no? That would be a real shame. It's absurd but it's comfort food. I have nothing to defend.

Thanks all

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Seems like the CA Anaheim location was one that was doing well. They were always busy. Seems like that's one that they'd want to keep around.

They yanked every bit of installed decor they could. To replace it would be expensive. Plus the DTD leases are a minimum or percentage of gross sales, whichever is higher. So it is doubtful they would reopen.

Phroobar

I say good riddance to Rainforest Cafe. The food was tourist bad and expensive. It's like TGIFridays or Chilis with animal theming. It's time to let places like that and Chuck E. Cheese die.

Phroobar

I was wondering why the AMC, ESPN, Rain Forest and Earl were all closed down.
They where closed down because Disney was going to break ground on a new hotel for that spot. The city claimed the hotel was in the wrong place and not eligible for tax breaks so Disney killed the project.

Rich T

I say good riddance to Rainforest Cafe. The food was tourist bad and expensive. It's like TGIFridays or Chilis with animal theming. It's time to let places like that and Chuck E. Cheese die.
My local Chilis has a great crew, awesome burgers and fries plus good chicken and waffles. And bottomless soda. And baseball on the tv. For the money, it's a much better value than In n' Out or Five Guys (Where I recently spent $16 on the worst fast food I've ever had).

I agree about the food at Rainforest, though.

Rich T

The city claimed the hotel was in the wrong place and not eligible for tax breaks so Disney killed the project.
One would think this detail would have been ironed out *before* closing everything down. So glad Disney and Anaheim have such a wonderful working relationship. It's so inspiring, I might cry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom