Current News on the possible Disneyland's 4th Hotel

Ismael Flores

I can tell you with absolute insider certainty that Disney is not considering building a hotel in Garden Grove. They said that to put pressure on Anaheim. You can believe me or not, but a little critical thinking here goes a long way. Why would anyone wanna pay $600 a night for a 4 diamond Disney hotel that’s NOT AT DISNEY?

Im sure there are plwnty of people that would eapecially if it promotes itself for conventions. not everyone wants to be right smack in the middle of DTD and the theme parks. i know I would consider it. i like staying at a Disney run hotel but hate being right in the middle of the chaos.

also it wouldnt be the first hotel run by Disney that is not a few feet from a Dianey park.Vero beach resort and Aulani seem to do ok. it just depends on the amenities

SuddenStorm

Im sure there are plwnty of people that would eapecially if it promotes itself for conventions. not everyone wants to be right smack in the middle of DTD and the theme parks. i know I would consider it. i like staying at a Disney run hotel but hate being right in the middle of the chaos.

also it wouldnt be the first hotel run by Disney that is not a few feet from a Dianey park.Vero beach resort and Aulani seem to do ok. it just depends on the amenities

No, but those hotels are a few feet from their marketing points- the beach, and in the case of Aulani, Hawaii.

DanielBB8

No, but those hotels are a few feet from their marketing points- the beach, and in the case of Aulani, Hawaii.
The beach at Aulani and Vero are unremarkable. Aulani is an hour away from Waikiki, which is the better beach that everyone prefers to go to. Aulani is extremely far from other tourists spots in Oahu. It is close to Wet n Wild water park and Germain’s Luau, which Aulani is now competing with by up charging their previously free luau show.

Aulani is simply an attraction in itself with the great water park, nice room and amenities, and Disney characters. So if Disney decides to build in Garden Grove, park proximity isn’t absolutely required.

DanielBB8

I can tell you with absolute insider certainty that Disney is not considering building a hotel in Garden Grove. They said that to put pressure on Anaheim. You can believe me or not, but a little critical thinking here goes a long way. Why would anyone wanna pay $600 a night for a 4 diamond Disney hotel that’s NOT AT DISNEY?
This pressure is an empty threat if Disney doesn’t make a credible plan to build there like buy up some land and request permits. Anaheim isn’t in position to jump at Disney’s latest announcements.

asianway

The beach at Aulani and Vero are unremarkable. Aulani is an hour away from Waikiki, which is the better beach that everyone prefers to go to. Aulani is extremely far from other tourists spots in Oahu. It is close to Wet n Wild water park and Germain’s Luau, which Aulani is now competing with by up charging their previously free luau show.

Aulani is simply an attraction in itself with the great water park, nice room and amenities, and Disney characters. So if Disney decides to build in Garden Grove, park proximity isn’t absolutely required.
Aulani and Vero both failed to meet projections for sales

couchpotatooo

I really don't care where they build a new one I just wish they could help the families that don't have the money to stay at those high end disney prices hotels. We usually go to Disneyworld because they have better price resorts with their value, moderate, and deluxe style rooms. We just can afford the deluxe style rooms. The good neighbor hotels just don't have tghat Disney magic.

Phroobar

Disney could build a boutique theme park in Garbage Grove with a huge amount of themeing and high tech rides that we wish they would build. They would limit guest levels to a few thousand and charge a thousand a day for the experience. It would be attached to a four diamond hotel. Seems crazy but they have considered this in the past.

NobodyElse

Staying at hotel in Garden Grove would have no more a drive time in a Disney bus to the parks than many of the resorts at WDW. Build a fairly private Disney compound with 'direct free Disney shuttle service from your door to park entrance' and toursists wouldn't blink an eye.

Simply quoted, because I was about to type nearly the same thoughts.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Simply quoted, because I was about to type nearly the same thoughts.

This discussion about Garden Grove happened a while ago. But one point I made, you can have security screening at the GG Hotel prior to boarding the bus. (Think a very nice screening area instead of the temporary looking ones, also with less wait). So that with a more upscale small bus that can now drop off very close to the parks entrances, and you have a selling point.

asianway

This discussion about Garden Grove happened a while ago. But one point I made, you can have security screening at the GG Hotel prior to boarding the bus. (Think a very nice screening area instead of the temporary looking ones, also with less wait). So that with a more upscale small bus that can now drop off very close to the parks entrances, and you have a selling point.
Would definitely beat a half mile walk from DLH

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
SoCal isn't the best weather-wise for water parks. There are big chunks of the year where it's just cool enough for a water park to be uncomfortable, and that means it would need to be seasonally operated. Disney isn't going to build something they can't run all year. The other option would for it to be all indoors, which would be too limiting for a full park concept. It's unlikely we'll ever see a Disney water park at DLR.

To be fair, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach arent open in the winter at the same time, either.

Phroobar

Waterpark are silly in places like California and Florida where we have world class beaches. Leave the water parks to the Midwest.

Rich T

Waterpark are silly in places like California and Florida where we have world class beaches. Leave the water parks to the Midwest.
Now, c'mon, that's like saying theme parks are silly in any state with national parks. They're completely different experiences. :) BUT... Personally, my days of waterparking are long gone; I can no longer think of any sane reason to wait 45 minutes in line baking in the blazing sun--while climbing stairs--for a 5-to-20 second slide. Terrible value in both time and money.

Curious Constance

There's this nifty little thing called "chlorine".
Reminds me of how everyone freaks out when they read a story about how germy cellphones are. When I read those stories I’m actually encouraged because I regularly touch with my bare hands one of the most germ ridden, filthy surfaces on the planet and nothing happens!

Phroobar

caddyshack.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom