CTX to Dinosaur

Dann Hazel

Yep...

I think the Disney folks wanted to synergize the attraction with the release of the movie; hence, the name change.

IMHO, I always thought Countdown to Extinction was the better title for the ride, though.

Dann

Kenan

Since the movie is over and done with now, they should really put back the name Countdown to Extinction..Its sounds sooOO much better than Dinosaur. CTX gives it more of a thrilling sensation than Dinosaur does. (BTW...Clare is awesome..LOL)

ISTCrew20

I heard when it was open for CM preveiws, it was extremely rough. There was a left right left sequence which i heard really whipped ya around..Ithink it has been toned down 3 or 4 times:cry:

Lee

Adventurer
It's a lot tamer now.
When it was CTX it was as rough as Indy at DL.

I agree. It's time to change the name back.

Tarzan266

Originally posted by Kenan
Since the movie is over and done with now, they should really put back the name Countdown to Extinction..Its sounds sooOO much better than Dinosaur. CTX gives it more of a thrilling sensation than Dinosaur does.

Couldn't have said it better myself. One of Disney's biggest mistakes was changing the name and the ride itself. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DISNEY CHANGE IT BACK!!!!! :brick:

AndyMagic

In my opinion, the name should now be changed to... "DINOSAUR: Countdown to Extinction." Never underestimate the power of a colon!!

stingrock23

Originally posted by AndyMagic
In my opinion, the name should now be changed to... "DINOSAUR: Countdown to Extinction." Never underestimate the power of a colon!!

I really like that name. I think it sounds much better than just Dinosaur.

dreammaker

Originally posted by AndyMagic

I rode Dinosaur when it was still CTX and MAN was it AWESOME! I wouldn't have touched it.. I do agree it was rough, and definitly scary...even had me...but I dont think that htey should have "toned it down" just to make the lawyers happy. Of course, I could see someone getting hurt on it. As far as the name goes...they new the movie was going to come out, think of the millions they could have saved in not having to change the name if they would have named i "Saur" in the first place, or just left it...course I like the "Colon" suggestion.

blm07

I seriously doubt the name will ever change back. I don't remember any difference what so ever in the changing though (besides the sign at the front).

Yen_Sid1

The only "real" changes to the vehicle has been to the way it stops. Instead of just locking up the brakes, it ramps down to a stop so it doesn't jerk everybody. The ride profile is still the same.

careship

I never really noticed that it's name was Dinosaur not CTX anymore. All my kids' shirts say CTX on them. I haven't ridden it in a couple years. Loved the picture though. It showed me and then my mom and a huge blank space in between. That was where both my kids were sitting they had bent over and hid. I love that picture and it was the last trip with my mom as she passed away a year later.

Luke1984

I wish they'd change the name to CTX and change the ride a little too. I've only ridden the ride when it's been Dinosaur but I don't really like it. It's basically 3 minutues in the dark and every 15 seconds or so a light shines on a dinosaur, it does something to scare you, and then the light goes off and you ride away in the dark to the next one. Not very fun compared to some other rides.

careship

Originally posted by blackride
OK this was the most depressing post I have ever read on these boards :(

I didn't mean it as depressing. My mother was a DIsney fanatic. She instilled it into myself and my children as well. I remember her telling the surgeon she had to postpone emergency surgery because she was going to DIsney. Needless to say, he didn't let her go. We did however turn her hospital room into Disney with alot of help from the surgeon and other family and friends who knew her love of Disney. Anyone who loved Disney as much as her and I am sure she is always there now, should never depress anyone. Disney uplifted her life in ways that will never be explained.

cm1988

Originally posted by careship
...I didn't mean it as depressing. My mother was a DIsney fanatic.... Disney uplifted her life in ways that will never be explained.
Thanks for sharing all that, Careship. Sorry to hear of your mother's passing. May the happy memories buoy you along as well.

MrPromey

It has been a while but if memory serves me, the ride was originally intended to tie into the movie hence the Dino you are after while on it and the bad dinos you are running from plus the whole end of the earth thing… I know that Dinosaur was in the pipes for a good long time. When they designed and built CTX, they may not have yet settled on a name for the movie which would explain why it didn’t carry the movie’s name to begin with and why the final name of the movie is sort of screwy for the ride…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom