CTX to Dinosaur

Coasterbp

Well, the ride profile WAS tamed down. In the "evasive maneuver" section. When he was screaming "Right, left, right!", you used to really get whipped around. Now, you don't.

Another reason that it was toned down was because when the park first opened the only two rides in the park were CTX and Safari. And at the time, the height requirement for CTX was 48 inches. Pretty tall. That meant that a LOT of kids couldn't go on. So the kids had ONE ride to go on, and the fact that kids typically LOVE Dinosaurs, it really upset guests when their kids couldn't ride it. Therefore the changes to the vehicle profiles were done, and the height requirement lowered.

kennyj29

I agree with the name thing, I always loved Countdown to Extinction but I'm glad they toned the ride a little bit. That threw my back out and now I can actually ride it.

Dayma

Another reason that it was toned down was because when the park first opened the only two rides in the park were CTX and Safari. And at the time, the height requirement for CTX was 48 inches. Pretty tall. That meant that a LOT of kids couldn't go on. So the kids had ONE ride to go on, and the fact that kids typically LOVE Dinosaurs, it really upset guests when their kids couldn't ride it. Therefore the changes to the vehicle profiles were done, and the height requirement lowered.

Yep I agree....heaven forbid they put a dinosaur dark ride in though.... They need it badly.

Yen_Sid1

Height requirements aren't based on the ride profile. There are based on seat restraint system.

Over at Kali River Rapids they lowered the height requirement because they put in a special lap bar.

The ride also differs depending where you sit in the vehicle, if you sit in the front row in the middle, there is not that much movement compared to sitting in the last row on the corners.

JRead

Originally posted by blackride
Its problably not the BEST name for a ride. Kinda depressing for a kid.....

I kinda disagree with that one. I don't think children need to be THAT protected, and let's face it, if they hadn't gone extinct the kid wouldn't exist in the first place.

Léo

About the name

The best name indeed is "DINOSAUR: Countdown to Extinction"; it sounds good, and it definitely appeals to both teens/ adults AND kids, thans to Aladar the... Dinosaur.

Léo

Dayma

. I don't think children need to be THAT protected, and let's face it, if they hadn't gone extinct the kid wouldn't exist in the first place.

I agree. I just mean that some parents may not want to explain to their young ones yet what extenction is.....

Coasterbp

Originally posted by Yen_Sid1
Height requirements aren't based on the ride profile. There are based on seat restraint system.

Over at Kali River Rapids they lowered the height requirement because they put in a special lap bar.

The ride also differs depending where you sit in the vehicle, if you sit in the front row in the middle, there is not that much movement compared to sitting in the last row on the corners.

If height requirements are solely based on seat restraints, then how could they lower the height requirement on a ride like Dinosaur without changing the restraints? Maybe because they also changed the ride profile too? Hmmmm.....

That would also have to prove that every ride with individual seatbelts would have to have the same height requirement, which they don't. Take Indy and Dinosaur for example. Same vehicles, same ride layout, same seatbelts, DIFFERENT ride profile, DIFFERENT height requirements.

Mission: Space has over the shoulder restraints. Height requirement, 44"

RnRC has over the shoulder restraints. Height requirement 48"

CyberSpace Mountain has over the shoulder restrains. Height requirement? Used to be 52" I believe...but has been lowered.

Primeval Whirl has over the shoulder restraints, that double as a lab bar. Height requirement, 48"

A lot of people don't remember, but Tower had a 42" height requirement when it opened. They re-evaluated it, and lowered it.

Same with Splash. I believe it was either 44" or 42" when it opened. They added padding, and it was lowered to 40"

It's a combination of ride profile, forces exerted on the body, and restraint type that determines height requirement. Not just restraint type alone.

bmxviper02

Original Poster
yeah i noticed that the left, right part was toned down ALOT i went there the first year AK was open and it whipped me around i mean i was 10 and my brother was 8.. we were tall enough and anyway all the little kids i c coming off the ride now are always crying and afraid.. i mean ..god.. lol:zipit:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom