Crystal Palace character breakfast

WoodyNBuzz

Original Poster
Is there anything that sets this venue different than any of the other character meals? We've done 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickey's and Tusker House for breakfast so I am just wondering if there is anything that might set it apart i.e. food, characters, settings, etc.

bsiev1977

Is there anything that sets this venue different than any of the other character meals? We've done 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickey's and Tusker House for breakfast so I am just wondering if there is anything that might set it apart i.e. food, characters, settings, etc.
It's been my experience that buffet food is pretty much the same wherever you get it.
Crystal Palace has Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, etc...
Crystal Palace can also be used to get inside the park a little early. Just try to get a seating as early as possible in the morning, before posted park opening hours,

WoodyNBuzz

Original Poster
I opted to eat a later breakfast to more or less cover both breakfast and lunch. We have done that before and it seemed to help out some. I've seen Pooh, Tigger and Piglet over at 1900 Park Fare so that is OK. Thanks for the feedback.

pluto13

Crystal Palace is great, but as always buffet food is usually similar or exactly the same so nothing special. It is the only character breakfast with the Pooh Characters and has Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, and Eeyore. It can also be used to get into MK earlier than when the park actually opens.

HouCuseChickie

Crystal Palace has also added back the breakfast lasagna...so another pro to eating there. Talk about yummy sweet goodness!!! As much as I like eating in the castle, I still prefer CP for an MK pre-park opening breakfast.

coachwnh

If you can get an 8 am ADR, the walk up an empty Main Street is better then the breakfast. Great photo ops!!!

Pooh57

It is a beautiful place to eat, I live the setting. We also love the characters. The food is good and getting in the park early is great.

momof1princess

We used CP as our late lunch/early dinner break on our last trip, I think about 4:00. It was as quiet as you can get at a character meal, and a nice break from the crowds and parades. Would do it again, but for those reasons, more than the food, which was just ok.

JIMINYCR

I think the Pooh characters have more fun with the kids. They do the Pooh parade around the area and get the kids involved.

mouselvrmom

I am a huge fan of CP, more for the setting than the characters or food. The light in there is just so beautiful! There are so many windows that let in a lot of light, and I just love the ambience in there. It is a must do for us each trip. Although we usually go for an early dinner.

Bowler Hat Girl

I tried CP for breakfast a few weeks ago. I was expecting the typical character breakfast buffet food, i.e., you don't go there for the food. I was shocked by how good it was. Everything tasted fresh and delicious, and I had a huge second helping of that potato casserole. I enjoyed it so much that I just switched one of my September breakfast ADRs from Kona to CP. I LOVE Kona and chose to give it up for CP. The characters were fine, the setting was bright and pretty, but I'm going back for the food. Never thought I'd say that about a character meal...

righttrack

We use this for lunch sometimes. I'm very happy to find meals with salads and lots of vegetables and they have both there. I find on vacation you don't eat many veggies and that causes problems along with dehydration from all the walking and sweating. Buffets to me allow us to load up on veggies and salad in addition to other goodies.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

They have a cute parade through the restaurant. :) And just being inside the park is great! And the food is yummy too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom