Crush's Coaster at DHS (MGM)?

T-i-doubleguher

Original Poster
I read Jim Hill's article today about California Adventure's name being switched to Walt Disney's California Adventure, but he also mentioned that Crush's Coaster will be announced for MGM (DHS). Is this really true? I thought the rumor was that a Ratatouille version would go there.

Thanks.

EDIT- What I posted was speculation posted on Jim Hill's site, not concrete info. Although he made it sound although as that Crush's Coaster WILL be announced.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I read Jim Hill's article today about California Adventure's name being switched to Walt Disney's California Adventure, but he also mentioned that Crush's Coaster will be announced for MGM (DHS). Is this really true? I thought the rumor was that a Ratatouille version would go there.

Thanks.
it is wise to atke everything as rumor.... but i can see the crush version going in before the ratatouille

comics101

I hope Crush goes in. I know normally I would say no more Nemo, but I just can't imagine the Crush Coaster any other way. I just don't get how it would work with Rattatoulli. As for Walt Disney's California Adventure, I hate it. They should stay away from that. Disney's California Adventure was meant to celebrate what California has to offer. Now what it had to offer at the time Walt Disney lived there.

the-reason14

I think WDW has seen enough of Nemo IMO. I mean, Im all for new rides esp thrill type rides going into the parks, esp. MGM since I think it needs it the most. But I really wish that they could put some other type of theme other than Nemo. I mean come on, arent they getting tired of using Nemo?

comics101

I think WDW has seen enough of Nemo IMO. I mean, Im all for new rides esp thrill type rides going into the parks, esp. MGM since I think it needs it the most. But I really wish that they could put some other type of theme other than Nemo. I mean come on, arent they getting tired of using Nemo?

I think Using this type of Roller Coaster with Tarzan could be awesome! You surf throught the trees to his tree house, and see all the characters and stuff, and then you go surfing again! Just please, no Rattatoulli

Passport

Thanks.

EDIT- What I posted was speculation posted on Jim Hill's site, not concrete info. Although he made it sound although as that Crush's Coaster WILL be announced.

Where can I find this article?

CJR

I think Using this type of Roller Coaster with Tarzan could be awesome! You surf throught the trees to his tree house, and see all the characters and stuff, and then you go surfing again! Just please, no Rattatoulli

Great idea!! Bring it on!! But, I'd want Ratatouille before another Nemo ride. However Tarzan would be even better just because it's not Pixar and not computer animated.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No

Thanks.

It's already Disney's California Adventure. I doubt they'd add "Walt" in front of it. Almost everything is "Disney's ..." that I can think of.

Chezman1399

I've heard of a ride similar to Crush's Coaster going in, but until recently I've almost always heard it rumored as a Cars Coaster.

wdwmomof3

I've heard of a ride similar to Crush's Coaster going in, but until recently I've almost always heard it rumored as a Cars Coaster.

I haven't heard about any of this.... where have I been? I hope something goes in at MGM. They really do need something else for children there. I'm excited about the Toy Story ride too. It sounds cute.:)

imagineer boy

"Walt Disney's California Adventure?!" That's the stupidest thing I ever heard. It makes sense because its coming from Jim Hill after all...

As for Crush's Coaster, no thank you. Way too many Pixar rides already, and from the reviews I've read, the ride at DLP isn't that good.

Lee

Adventurer
Three concepts have come to my ears on this subject. Same ride system, three themes: Cars, Crush, Rat.

Smart money? Crush. Already built one, easy to copy it. My problem with it? Enough Nemo already spread out over two other parks. Leading candidate last I heard.

Better idea? Cars. Popular film and characters. No related attractions elsewhere on property. Could put the little ride from DSP in the same general area giving you a mini-Carland.

Least likely? The rat.

I have no idea which one is coming, but one surely is. Jim calls it "Crush's Coaster", but that could just be him referring to the ride system.

Animaniac93-98

For all the people critisizing the name Walt Disney's California Adventure, it might be a good idea to actually READ the article before judging it.

Chezman1399

I haven't heard about any of this.... where have I been? I hope something goes in at MGM. They really do need something else for children there. I'm excited about the Toy Story ride too. It sounds cute.:)

I heard of it through other people during my college program. First told to me by a friend after she got to stay on and actually got a little higher position in the park, although I don't think any in park people would really know anyway as I know some people who have been working for years, management and such, and some news they hear about first from me from WDWmagic. The original ride location was mentioned to be where the old Hunchback stage was. They need something that pulls some traffic away from ToT and RnRC. Toy Story Mania I think will be great, and if they put this toward the back of the park it would probably help. Then, if they just closed down the Indy Stunt show(although I prefer Indy to Lights, Motors, Action or whatever it is called) and put in a version of the DL Indiana Jones ride, that would put the park over the top.

jt04

For all the people critisizing the name Walt Disney's California Adventure, it might be a good idea to actually READ the article before judging it.

Amen to that. JH makes the concept sound VERY interesting. If they did that I would actually have to go to Cali to check it out.
I also hope they do Crush coaster and add the Cars attraction from DSP to DHS:animwink: . And an all new Indiana Jones Dark Ride with new Star Tours WOULD put DHS "over the top". No doubt about it. Very exiting times......:D

wdwmomof3

I heard of it through other people during my college program. First told to me by a friend after she got to stay on and actually got a little higher position in the park, although I don't think any in park people would really know anyway as I know some people who have been working for years, management and such, and some news they hear about first from me from WDWmagic. The original ride location was mentioned to be where the old Hunchback stage was. They need something that pulls some traffic away from ToT and RnRC. Toy Story Mania I think will be great, and if they put this toward the back of the park it would probably help. Then, if they just closed down the Indy Stunt show(although I prefer Indy to Lights, Motors, Action or whatever it is called) and put in a version of the DL Indiana Jones ride, that would put the park over the top.

I agree with you. That would be neat to have the Indiana Jones ride as well. When we were there last I could not remember where the old Hunchback show was. I remember seeing this back in 1999, but I think it closed soon after.

I just wish that there was more to do at MGM. It's my husbands favorite park and my kids and I love it because of ToT & RRC. He wont even ride them.:hammer:I really would love to see them put more into MGM and Animal Kingdom to be honest with you. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom