Cruise Tours?

GMRO

Original Poster
Taking a cruise in May. Not our first. Always looking for new stuff to do on the ship. No kids, just wife and I.

Anyone done a tour on the ship? Or are there any? When we do the land/park portion of our vacation we always do a WDW tour. We enjoy learning and get enjoyment from the tours as we learn about what we love so much -DISNEY!

Any tours suggestions while on the ship? What is available?

I do want yo take the "animal towel" seminar this cruise/trip. Sure not a tour but should be fun.

Wondering what we've been missing.

Thanks!!!

sweetpee_1993

The hubby and I like to do the tastings and mixology onboard. I will say, the mixology class we did on the Dream was waaaaaay better than the mixology class we just did on the Magic. On the Dream it was just the 2 of us + 1 other young couple who wandered in at the beginning and decided to join on the spot. On the Magic there was easily 25 people in the class and it wasn't even close to being as interesting or interactive. Not sure what ship or itinerary you're on. There's also Art of the Theme Show tours which highlights the design of the ships. We also did Disney Innovations: Animation on the Magic that talked about the 10 biggest innovations the WDC has made in the field of animation. That was very fascinating. There was another one of these Innovations offerings that discussed the 10 biggest innovations in the theme parks. Didn't make it to that one. We did attend the 80s/90s music trivia which was a lot of fun. It seemed the others who were near our ages did much better than those younger folks who weren't even born until the 80s. LOL! Definitely try to make some of the adult cabaret shows. We really enjoy those, too!

Disneyfalcon

We've done the walking tour. I enjoyed it! It's usually the first day onboard and maybe one more during the sea day.
I love the classes too. I've done the towel folding, napkin folding, animation, salsa, etc. I think they're so fun!

Snowmagic

Hi all,
How do you actually going about "booking" one of the tours?
Do you need to book?
Is there a list of tours available?

We found out on our last cruise that there was a ship tour, but it was only on the 1st day.

Cheers all. :)

Disneyfalcon

Hi all,
How do you actually going about "booking" one of the tours?
Do you need to book?
Is there a list of tours available?

We found out on our last cruise that there was a ship tour, but it was only on the 1st day.

Cheers all. :)

Some of the tours need to be booked, others are just come!
The mixology classes are some that you need to sign up for because they can fill up. The Navigators will give you details for all of them. :)

ChuckElias

I've done the walking tour on 3 of the ships and never had to sign up for it. Just show up in front of Palo (on the Magic/Wonder) or in Meridian (Dream) at the right time.

TDF

I hope they have some fun things for me (18) as well. We are spending the day on the ship when we are in Nassau so we be hitting up everything! ;)
- Justin

GMRO

Original Poster
We are on the Dream. 4 day/night cruise.

Walking Tour - length of the tour?

Is there a tour of the bridge?

Thanks for all the great info. All sounds very KEWL!!!

ChuckElias

The walking tour is generally an hour to an hour and 15 minutes, I think.

Sadly, for security reasons, there is no longer a bridge tour.

If you're a foodie, however, there is a galley tour.

sweetpee_1993

We are on the Dream. 4 day/night cruise.

Walking Tour - length of the tour?

Is there a tour of the bridge?

Thanks for all the great info. All sounds very KEWL!!!
No bridge tours...post 9/11 and all. :( There are some behind the scenes/how its done short pieces on the Funnelvision. They are noted in the Navigator.

TDF

On our NCL EPIC cruise they have a viewing lounge of the bridge, it was awesome. To bad Disney doesn’t have it. I would be interested in a walking tour and the gallery tour!
- Justin

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom