Crowds in the parks first week of October?

Beenaboo

I'm going to WDW Sept 27 - October 4. Is it generally busy or calm. I usually go in April and it's fairly empty.

22 Days!! Woo Hoo!! :sohappy:

RogueHabit

And last 2 weeks of October if anyone can remember.

We were there for the 1st week in October in '99 I think it was and it wasn't too bad at all.

Upvote 0

RJlvsTigger

We're also going 9/27 thru 10/4. I've been there at this time of year before and I don't ever remember it being too crowded. However, I think it will be different this year because of the Fairytale Package. A lot of people took advantage of this great deal so I have the feeling the parks will be a little more crowded than usual. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it won't be too bad. :)

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

I've heard someone speculate that the fairytale package made the hotel occupancy rate go up, not the park attendance.
In other words, it was a great deal and made lots of people who would have gone anyway and stay off-site, go and stay on site. Hotels are full, but that shouldn't greatly affect park attendance.

Does anyone know if park attendance is up significantly?

I hope not! I'll be there the beginning of October!

25 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

BigAL

October Crowds

I have a feeling this October and future Octobers will be more and more crowded. This year due to the Fairytale package. This year and future years due to changing school years across the country. A lot of systems are changing to have a fall break and a spring break. I am going October 11th - 18th this year due to my son having a fall break. I am sure as this practice increases it will change the travel industry and result in less discounts during the October time period.

Upvote 0
I agree completely. With more and more schools going to fall breaks, this is the best time to travel. The past two Oct breaks have been great. Cooler weather, less crowds, cheaper rooms (usually). Were going Oct 4 - 12 this year and are looking forward to it. I think it will be a little more crowded due to the FTP but not noticeably worse, let's hope.

Upvote 0

billybaruch1

I hadn't heard about the new fall breaks. Is that for elementary schools? The key for low crowds at Disney is definitely school schedules.

That's a good point about the FTP and off-site vs. on-site. Also, it may just mean the same number of people staying 7 nights instead of 4.

I love October for going to WDW, but I may try November next year for the value rates and (if schools are out for fall breaks during part of October) smaller crowds. One of the trade-offs is only one water park is open in November.

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

Following on from BigAl's post; Here in the UK there are moves afoot to alter the school holiday system.

Spring Break will extend from 2 week to 3 weeks
Summer Break will reduce from 6 weeks to 4 weeks
Fall Break will extend from 1 week to 2 weeks

This will probably mean that a lot of families may decide to start taking their vacations in the spring or fall instead of during the summer break.

This will have multiple effects, including a shift in the pricing patterns for Florida vacations as tyhe spring and fall periods are normally cheaper to encourage people to go then.

As FL is the #1 vacation spot for Brits this may have some impact on WDW crowds as well.

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Catch 22 -
When is the fall break in UK?

I agree with previous posters, as more and more schools start going to a fall break, October will be getting more and more crowded.:(

Upvote 0

weluvtink

We are also going Sept 27-thru Oct 3 (All Star Music). We went the same time last year and the crowds weren't too bad. The best time I've been there was November. No need for fastpasses at all. Have a great time.:)

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

Originally posted by Disneyfalcon
Catch 22 -
When is the fall break in UK?

I agree with previous posters, as more and more schools start going to a fall break, October will be getting more and more crowded.:(
It's the mid-term break, normally falls the week of Halloween.

We're hoping they do change it. This year we have decided that we will take our son out of school for the last 4 days of the half term. It was that or no vacation this year due to work commitments.

Fortunately he's only 7 and 4 days will not cause any problems. He will have to bring some homework, but it is only reading and a little math which he loves anyway and will probably do during the plane trip out.

This for us is the very last time we will be able to take a holiday that spans any period of school time as we don't agree with the idea of him missing school for a vacation, but as I said this year it was a case of go in October or don't go at all.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom