Crowds during "Jersey" week???

tchauvin

I want to plan my next trip in November (early) but I just heard something about "Jersey" week that takes place first week of November or close to....Is anyone familiar with this and how are the crowds????

Tinkerbell397

We are planning a trip from November 9-15. I can't seem to get a clear picture about Jersey week.....If it is real or a myth. It seems that schools in NJ are on vacation and due to free dining, weather or low crowds, parents from NJ take the week to go to Disney. I cannot imagine that every family in NJ will be in Disney during that week which from what I can gather seems to be a low crowd time. :cat: Maybe someone from NJ can give us some onsite into this topic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sweet Melissa

Maybe someone from NJ can give us some onsite into this topic.
We recently moved from New Jersey, and my husband's family still live there. The schools close for two days in early November for a teacher convention, so yeah, lots of families do tack a couple days on to that long weekend and take a vacation. We've taken several trips during Jersey Week and the weeks on either side of it, and the difference in crowds isn't noticeable at all. Just more Mets gear and NJ accents, really. Our Disney wedding was during Jersey Week this last year, which worked out for my MIL, who works for the schools. Crowds were like they always are at the tail end of Food & Wine. It's a good time to go.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell397

Thanks @Sweet Melissa My son-in-law is originally from NJ but he and my daughter and granddaughter live in Maryland. We are going with them....first trip for my granddaughter who will be 20 months during the trip so we are looking for low crowds and nice weather. This will be our first trip staying off site.....daughter and son-in-law have a Marriott Timeshare so that's where we will stay. I have been there 11 times....always onsite so this will be a new experience for me. :cat:

Upvote 0

disneyfan56

Yep, I will be there during Jersey Week this year. Our teacher convention is November 6-7, so families will start arriving around the 1st.

We've gone down during Jersey week for the past 5 years. The crowds are not that much larger than during October.

Oh and that accent thing is only for those who live in the cities near New York. The majority of us have no accents.

Upvote 0

SMS55

People have made a big deal about it here, but I've been there during Jersey week twice and hadn't noticed too much of a difference. Get to the parks early and you'll be fine. You'll have more to worry about with Food and Wine than anything. I've been during Food and Wine before and the crowd is a little bigger around World Showcase. If it's the last weekend of it then prepare for a large crowd in World Showcase.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

It's funny...I grew up in NJ and looked forward to the days off from the teaching convention every single year, yet nobody I knew ever went to WDW during this time. So, I got a good laugh when I heard people calling it Jersey week. Fast forward to the advent of Facebook...now I see a ton of my NJ friends from back in the day take their families to WDW during Jersey Week. I haven't heard any of them say anything bad about the crowds. I think most of them have made the shift since the spring break crowds are so much heavier.

As for accents...I haven't lived in NJ since the early 90s and I still have some words that I just can't say without an accent. Don't even get me started about my daughters and my dog :D

Upvote 0

LucyK

Jersey Week seems very similar to Mardi Gras as in many more people from a specific state is at WDW during a slow time so they are more noticeable. I don't believe they make a huge impact crowd-wise, but I'm looking forward to hearing the accents people talk about so much!

Upvote 0

Sparkle81

We're going 4-14th Nov and had never even heard of Jersey Week until after we'd booked! Glad to hear it doesn't impact on the crowd levels too much. Planning to steer clear of Epcot on the weekend, as I've heard weekends can be a bit of a nightmare when F&W is on.

Upvote 0

MasonDuo

The RunDisney Wine and Dine Half Marathon will be at the end of the week so crowds will pick up for that around Thursday the 6th/Friday the 7th. The weekend fo the 8th and 9th will be busy because of the run and Veterans Day - otherwise your mid week should look good.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Being from New Jersey (complete with a bad accent) we were lucky to avoid it for several years. This past November, we were smack, dab in the midst of it. It was VERY crowded on weekends, but Food and Wine was also coming to an end. Jersey week is not vacation time (its not suppose to be anyway) it's NJEA Teacher's Convention. Crowds during the week were still a little heavy from prior vacations.

Upvote 0

wendysue

We're going 4-14th Nov and had never even heard of Jersey Week until after we'd booked! Glad to hear it doesn't impact on the crowd levels too much. Planning to steer clear of Epcot on the weekend, as I've heard weekends can be a bit of a nightmare when F&W is on.

We will be going in November, and it is a great time to go. Different states have their own times down there but it won't affect your trip in any way. Epcot can get a little crazy during F&W, so we don't go there much. The Osborne lights are turned on the 9th at HS, and that is awesome.

Upvote 0

maelstrom98

My SIL was there last year for Jersey Week and said that there were days they didn't even use their fastpasses because they were able to just walk right on the rides. She also said there were days where it was a little busy, but nothing compared to the summer crowds.

We're going ourselves during Jersey Week next year....because we're also from Jersey. Though we're from South Jersey, so we have the Philly accent lol :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom