Crowds are down? Curious about the claims . . .

21stamps

Right on the money$$$$$$$$ The parents taking kids out of school during the school year.

When you look back on your childhood, what are your favorite memories? What shaped you into the person that you are?

You don't have to answer here, just think about it. I'm sure there are several answers, but I doubt one of them would include a week or 2 at school. The overall school experience is great, and does shape you, but not 2 weeks or less.

As long as a kid is a good student, and as long as the parent is constantly helping a child learn, then no one could ever convince me that taking a child out of school is "wrong". We get one life, and that life should include all different types of experiences.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
When you look back on your childhood, what are your favorite memories? What shaped you into the person that you are?

You don't have to answer here, just think about it. I'm sure there are several answers, but I doubt one of them would include a week or 2 at school. The overall school experience is great, and does shape you, but not 2 weeks or less.

As long as a kid is a good student, and as long as the parent is constantly helping a child learn, then no one could ever convince me that taking a child out of school is "wrong". We get one life, and that life should include all different types of experiences.

Well said.

Both of my kids are now out of college. Throughout their school years we took them out of school in the fall for 2 weeks each year. They did their work. Some teachers were cooperative, some were not. A great deal originally went into our decision of fall. 1st was young parents bidding on vacation time, lower on the pole. Back then an amazing price break. My husband's inability health wise deal with extreme heat and humidity. Plenty of time to catch up-which they never had to do because they did their work before They
were every time ahead of the classroom when they returned.

My feelings as a school board member-Family time is important. Not all careers fit the school schedule. Not even teachers necessarily have the same Spring Breaks as their kids. Ultimately both of my kids were accepted into wonderful universities and both graduated. One with highest honors. Both have nice careers and are doing well in their professions, they are now in their 20's. My advice having been there is look at the big picture.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom