Crowded, Hot, and My Last June Trip

Just returned from a wonderful stay @ SS. The pools there are so very nice! The Turf Club is terrific food! Mousekeeping was fabulous! Never a worry.
HOWEVER , the parks are another story! I know Disney can't do anything about the weather, but the use of FPs is way out of control! CMs were not as kind and responsive as usual. TT was great until we waited an hour and the ride shut down. We had to leave the

queue. No FPs offered or anything!
DINNER @ Via Napoli was good. My pizza had great flavor. BTW the mezzo is a 3 TS credit. It was loud and hard to understand our waitress. The risotto balls were good, but you only get 3. The tiramisu was to die for though.
The parks were so crowded we weren't able to do all we wanted! We did enjoy riding Splash & Thunder during Wishes & we caught some of the later night parade. Little Mermaid wasn't anything special. Downpours didn't even clear out the park at all!!!!
Forget Brazilian Tour groups, the amount of large groups such as family reunions and graduates were the most I've ever seen!!!!!
Overall it was a nice short trip. I just noticed an overwhelming amount of people, and WDW just didn't seem prepared for it!
Pics later......

lisak09

Hope you still managed to enjoy yourselves. I'm really looking forward to seeing your photos as we are staying in Saratoga Springs in August for the first time! We're also eating in The Turf Club on our first night, we'll be celebrating my daughter's 11th birthday there, I am planning on ordering a birthday cake so I'm very happy to hear the food is good there!

bethymouse

Original Poster
@lisak09 You will love it! It's relaxing and large. We walked all around the resort through Congress Park to get to DTD. It's a bit of a haul, but gorgeous! Having bikes @ SS would be great!:) Dinner was wonderful, and the CMs are very kind!:) The resort is large, but we stayed across the bridge in the Paddock section- new pool. Great slide and kiddie area!:D You could refill your mugs and grab a quick lunch right there!:D The High Rock Springs pool is very nice as well. Also the bus stop was right there too!:D No problems at all w/ the buses! The boat to DTD is very relaxing!:D Lots and lots of lizards!:D Artist's Palette was actually quite small, but the food was OK. There is a very small "gift" area. Overall, SS is my favorite resort so far!:D

bethymouse

Original Poster
@Pooh Lover We're looking into maybe 2014, but possibly visiting Disneyland instead.;) If we go back to WDW, then it'll probably be 2015. I just don't know. I'm a bit burned out by the state of the parks, and I can't go at "non peak" times.:( I'd like to. I'd just have to lie about the reason for my days taken off, and I don't want to go through that again.;) I'm just not sure if there are any slow times to go to WDW anymore.:( There are so many events and such. Plus when the mine train opens, it'll be even worse!:eek: I'm just getting too old for these wait times. I end up having to go to the bathroom, even when I've gone before getting in line.:eek: I know how to use FPs, but a lot of times the return time is during a dining reservation time!:eek: Or, they're already gone before 1 PM.:eek: We'll see...

ImagineerDude

That's too bad about not being able to take the time off during the school year. I teach 4th grade and I'm taking a week off in September to go to WDW. Everyone and their dog, including my principal, knows where I'm going.
My mom is a teacher and she took off the last day of school to go to the All-Nighter with me...and her principal was jealous! Lol :)

@Pooh Lover We're looking into maybe 2014, but possibly visiting Disneyland instead.;) If we go back to WDW, then it'll probably be 2015. I just don't know. I'm a bit burned out by the state of the parks, and I can't go at "non peak" times.:( I'd like to. I'd just have to lie about the reason for my days taken off, and I don't want to go through that again.;) I'm just not sure if there are any slow times to go to WDW anymore.:( There are so many events and such. Plus when the mine train opens, it'll be even worse!:eek: I'm just getting too old for these wait times. I end up having to go to the bathroom, even when I've gone before getting in line.:eek: I know how to use FPs, but a lot of times the return time is during a dining reservation time!:eek: Or, they're already gone before 1 PM.:eek: We'll see...
Sorry it was so busy in the parks :( SS sounds really nice and much like our timeshare off-property (lizards!) How long do you get for fall break? We get a week starting last year and that's when we are planning to go over fall break 2014. Disneyland is OK, but I like WDW better...and plan for more of a SoCal vacation than DL. You can watch live tapings of Disney Channel shows if you're kids are into that and when we went we got autographs from the Good Luck Charlie and its FREE!! :)

bethymouse

Original Poster
@ImagineerDude We don't get a fall break.:( I mean- we have the week of Thanksgiving off, but it's just as crowded at the parks then albeit not as hot.:eek:
@Missy_May That's cool.:cool: I went in September 2012 using leave without cause days. Now the laws have changed, and you can't use them consecutively!:eek: My boss is kind of a "b" when it comes to taking time off which forces most people to tell lies.:(:mad:

bethymouse

Original Poster
disney+13+%25281%2529.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom