Crowd Update

Chris

Original Poster
Just wanted to give you all an update on the WDW Spring Break Crowds. I have been to WDW about 25 times in the last 10 years including Summer vacation, Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have never seen crowds as large as this week. Today the MK was wall to wall people. You could not even move in fantasyland or Tomorrowland. Attractions that typically have no wait (Small World) had a wait of 60-75 minutes. Wow Disney is back in a big way.

Mr. Toad

Thanks for the update. I guess this is good news. I hope they will respond with better park hours.

Any idea how the resorts were? Just wondering if this was mostly day people or if the resorts are packed too?

Chris

Original Poster
The resorts are packed as well. It is mostly school groups. Cheerleaders, Bands, Dance Teams. They mostly seem to hang out at the pools. I'd hate to think how much more crowded the parks would be if they all went to them.:lol:

NowInc

Its been unusually crouded all over florida this spring break actually...down here in Miami the roads are much more packed then they have been in every previous year that I have lived here, and the malls are full as well...

Its not just good for DISNEY..its good for FLORIDA..yay... (even tho I kinda hate tourists...no offence)

reason for crowds

One of the reasons for crowds in FLA this year is that people can drive there. Spring break destinations that require a flight like Cancun and Jamaica, etc., will probably see lower numbers this year than normal.

disneyreports

What's up with the guests at WDW? Most of them, not all, have no common sense... I was in the park the other day and everyone was complaining about the crowds. "Why is it so crowded?" , "Why is the wait 2 1/2 hours long?" , "Why can't I get a Fastpass?" , "Who do I complain to?" Do these guests not realize that they are visiting the parks during one of the bussiest seasons??? I'm sorry, but I have NO pitty for someone who is that dense...

disneyreports

Oh, and one more thing... I saw a guest chewing out a cast member because he couldn't get on a ride at the end of the night... The ride had already been closed for almost 15 minutes... IF THE PARK CLOSES AT 9 THE RIDES CLOSE AT 9... It's not brain surgery!!! Did that guy really think they were going to re-open the ride just for him??? DON'T THINK SO!

Coronado

Same deal here on the Sun Coast (Clearwater)....this is Easter vacation for the schools.....the beach is packed....if you want a parking place be here by 8:00AM.... We are gong over to WDW tomorrow....but will be there to go fishing....They have a great trip that runs out of Boardwalk Community Hall.

mickey-nut

Does anyone know how long spring break season is? We're going to be down there on 4/14 to 4/20. I have placed this question on several sites and have gotten conflicting reports. Some people say we will miss spring break and crowds will be light and some people say spring break will still be going on and we will have heavy crowds? Any info anyone has is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

disneyreports

By that time you should be at the very tail end of Spring Break... Generally right after Easter the crowds begin to back down, and I would think that 2 week after Easter you should be ok...

SJTSmith

It is nice to hear that the crowds are getting bigger. But I would not like to be there now with the large crowds. Hearing that the parks are body to body, reminds me why I go during the first and second weeks of December.

wannabeBelle

Slightly off thread but does anyone know when Schools in Florida get out for the summer?? I Am coming down May 18th and hope to just miss the summer break!! Thanks everyone!! :king:

stingrock23

Of course it's crowded. it's easter. that is the bigger meaning than spring break. i've been during spring break the past 2 years and it has been nice and not crowded. but the year before i went during easter, and it was unbelievably packed. Easter is the reason for all these crowds. what did you expect?

Hey Chris, I agree. We just got back Sunday night and Disney is back in a big way. We went down prepared for big crowds so we just took it in stride. We didn't plan for anything in particular except for our dining. We just strolled around the parks and if we saw a short line, we jumped on the ride. Magic Kingdom was the worse. If you avoid one park, skip MK. The rest were tolerable. The thing I missed the most was EARLY ENTRY. It is so hard to park hop without it.

PLEASE RE-INSTATE EARLY ENTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:brick:

BigAL

Spring Break crowds

I second the crowds. I was at the Magic Kingdom on Friday and it was packed. You could not move in Fantasyland. The wait for Small World was up to around 45 minutes.

Yea Big Al, we were there Friday also (i thought i saw you - lol). Against my will we went on Small World with a 10 minute wait and by the time we got off it was a 45 min wait.

Sat we went back to Studios for a last minute RnR, and the wait was 75 minutes. So we went to TOT and the wait time said 60 min so we got in line. We only were in line 20 minutes before we got on. Afterwards we went back to RnR and it was shut down due to "technical difficulties". We walked up to the entry way and someone yelled, "IT'S OPEN" We ran to the front of the line and got right on. (if we had stood still, we would have been trampled by the stampede.) We lucked out on that one.

Coronado

For Belle.....Fla schools get out the second week of June this year. Next year they will be out earlier because we will go back the second week of August.......

wannabeBelle

Originally posted by Coronado
For Belle.....Fla schools get out the second week of June this year. Next year they will be out earlier because we will go back the second week of August.......
Thank you so Much Coronado!! Good news for my vacaion. Hopefully shouldnt be as crowded as what you guys are reporting but I Am glad Disney is BACK!!!!!!:cool:

TIGGERNUT

My wife and I are going to WDW next week (March 31 - Apr 5) are the crowds so bad that it ruins the atmosphere or is it just going to be some extra wait times for the attractions.

Mr. Toad

I've been so busy at work I forgot it was already Easter :hammer: . Oh well, hopefully the crowds will not be bad when I am there in early May.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom