Crowd levels on Columbus Day and weather in October

Spike-in-Berlin

We are just planning a possible fall trip to the World and as we travel for the first time completely during October we need to know about the crowd levels during Columbus Day, especially useful are informations if and when do crowds start to grow BEFORE Columbus Day and when are attendance numbers back to normal. We also need informations about the average crowd levels and normal weather conditions in the Orlando area in October. Thanks a lot.

Mukta

Spike-in-Berlin! I haven't seen you on here lately. Nice to see you again.

The weather will be warm, humid and still occasionally rainy.

I know you usually visit for long stays in WDW. Columbus Day weekend will have slightly higher crowds, but the days surrounding it will be 5s or so.

You could check out the Halloween Party and Food and Wine festival. For those reasons alone, it is a nice time of year.

Upvote 0

tem325

My friend who is fellow Disney pro went Columbus Day last year or the year before and said it was Christmas-level crowds and VERY hot, in the upper 90s.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

My friend who is fellow Disney pro went Columbus Day last year or the year before and said it was Christmas-level crowds and VERY hot, in the upper 90s.
Some people exaggerate WDW weather. If it was last year, it was about 90 on Columbus Day (certainly hot, but not upper 90s; the record high for that date is 91). Two days later? Low 80s and pleasant. It's a variable time of year. The average high is about 85. It's typically one of the less rainy months of the year.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

You can't really predict weather in October. For our 2009 trip we had 60 degree weather at the start and 85 degree weather by the time we left. Pack layers. Temps often drop in the evening.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom