News Crossroads Plaza Faces Demoliton

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Being near a road project is not really my background. Why the lag between businesses closing & the works starting is my general curiosity. Contracts / funding issue perhaps, or maybe just p*** poor management.
That’s just standard kinda lead time…we can question it - but it’s not gonna change.

as far as crossroads goes - and I spent many an hour there - how much would a benefit would there have been for them to remain open the last couple of years? It may not have been such a simple case there.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Being near a road project is not really my background. Why the lag between businesses closing & the works starting is my general curiosity. Contracts / funding issue perhaps, or maybe just p*** poor management.
While I am not involved in road construction, the construction industry has been hit with supply and labor shortages of every kind.

Under the current conditions, it can take months just to get the slab poured or even the most basic 3/2 house. You could be waiting for a few more months after that for lumber, trusses, windows, doors etc., let alone the manpower to put it all together. Houses that use to go from a bare lot to being lived in 60-90 days are taking nearly a year if they are getting built at all.

I can't imagine large-scale infrastructure projects are faring any better.

lewisc

Previous articles suggested the businesses were given previous extensions. Some kind of final notice is needed. Businesses need time to get their inventory and equipment out.

The time needed to work started for demolition is probably less then the time it takes for a bussiness to leave. I'll speculate work can't be sceduled until everyone leaves. They can't just bring in bulldozers. Electric meters have to be removed. Utilities shut off. Salvagable material, maybe copper pipes, have to be removed. Is there asbestos which might have to be abated prior to demolition?

jimbo mack

While I am not involved in road construction, the construction industry has been hit with supply and labor shortages of every kind.

Under the current conditions, it can take months just to get the slab poured or even the most basic 3/2 house. You could be waiting for a few more months after that for lumber, trusses, windows, doors etc., let alone the manpower to put it all together. Houses that use to go from a bare lot to being lived in 60-90 days are taking nearly a year if they are getting built at all.

I can't imagine large-scale infrastructure projects are faring any better.

thanks - that makes sense.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Previous articles suggested the businesses were given previous extensions. Some kind of final notice is needed. Businesses need time to get their inventory and equipment out.

The time needed to work started for demolition is probably less then the time it takes for a bussiness to leave. I'll speculate work can't be sceduled until everyone leaves. They can't just bring in bulldozers. Electric meters have to be removed. Utilities shut off. Salvagable material, maybe copper pipes, have to be removed. Is there asbestos which might have to be abated prior to demolition?
Built in 88…Whatever is there is negligible and can be demoed in place.

lewisc

Built in 88…Whatever is there is negligible and can be demoed in place.
I'll take your word for it...There are still steps that have to be taken prior to demo. Disconnect utilities. Remove meters. Remove materials, if any, that have salvage value.

There are steps that, probably, wouldn't be scheduled until all occupants are gone. Given current constraints timing is probably going take longer then originally projected.

matt9112

I'll take your word for it...There are still steps that have to be taken prior to demo. Disconnect utilities. Remove meters. Remove materials, if any, that have salvage value.

There are steps that, probably, wouldn't be scheduled until all occupants are gone. Given current constraints timing is probably going take longer then originally projected.

They were given notices and were also provided storage paid for by the state to remove what equipment they wanted to keep and store. Such as ovens and coolers. The state will than also pay the cost to transport and install these back into a new location as far as i understand.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They were given notices and were also provided storage paid for by the state to remove what equipment they wanted to keep and store. Such as ovens and coolers. The state will than also pay the cost to transport and install these back into a new location as far as i understand.
Has anyone noticed what lengths are being taken to increase the traffic flow from one end of wdw to the other?

that’s funny since they’re trying to “reduce attendance to improve the guest experience”

matt9112

Has anyone noticed what lengths are being taken to increase the traffic flow from one end of wdw to the other?

that’s funny since they’re trying to “reduce attendance to improve the guest experience”

That entire strip will be dead nobody will get off I4 to do anything else but go to WDW now. Its a direct axe to disneys compitition. Now it will be far less convenient to scoot off site.

castlecake2.0

Chipolte is across the street from my apartment.;) I cut through on my way to Trader Joe's/Dr Phillips area.
I do the exact same to get from celebration to Dr Phillips area.
You just got west rather than north now. 192 is growing huge and Sherberth allows fast access
Thw sherbets road is getting busier and busier and not meant to handle that amount of traffic, I wonder what the long term plan is for people arriving from that side of property.

Diamond Dot

Oh how to placate the NIMBYs. They want lots of energy to do things, but dont want it anywhere near themselves. They like Windmills but not blocking their views. They like Solar, but live in places where the sun doesn't shine. They like Geothermal, but hate volcanos. They also like to eat, but dont want those farms and ranches or animals near them. They want that magical Disney experience where everything is just there for them to consume but dont want to see nor bear the price of the supply chains that deliver it to them.
No one in Iceland has to pay for their energy, now that is a good ad for Geo Thermal power.

JoeCamel

I do the exact same to get from celebration to Dr Phillips area.

Thw sherbets road is getting busier and busier and not meant to handle that amount of traffic, I wonder what the long term plan is for people arriving from that side of property.
I hope they rebuild it but probably 20mph with speed bumps is what we get

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom