Creystal Palace- really that bad?

DonaldD1987

Original Poster
Hey all,

I am going to disney in late february/ early march, and of course I could not get in at chef Mickey's. My wife, at that point, really wants to go there, so I am still trying. But her favorite character is eeyore. So I adgot ADRs for crystal palace in the morning before MK opens. But I am hearing around the disney community, that crystal palace has bad food. Some have said the worst on property. So my question is, is it that bad?

Thanks in advance.

wizards8507

I doubt anyone on this board would have said anything like that. In my personal opinion, the breakfast at the Crystal Palace is one of the most enjoyable character meals on property, especially if you're a fan of the Pooh characters specifically. The food isn't GREAT, but the location and atmosphere can't be beat. I wouldn't go their for dinner, but a breakfast buffet kind of "is what it is" in terms of food, and there really isn't much difference than the breakfast at Chef Mickey's and that of the Crystal Palace.

EPCOT.nut

There's a lot of 'breakfast food' that I really don't like very much, but I still managed to get my money's worth at Crystal Palace. Go for it! Don't worry about what other people say. Enjoy the atmosphere, its very very cheerful and upbeat in there! :lol::D

A hint - Disney fruit is sweeter than any other fruit served anywhere! Load up on it there. I remember having EPIC pineapple there. :lol:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think that if take a sampling of people here, everyone of them would name a different restaurant that they do not care for.

That being said, I have enjoyed my visits to the Crystal Palace. :shrug:

HouCuseChickie

While we did Crystal Palace for breakfast on this last trip and Chef Mickey's for dinner (i.e. tough to compare food), I can say that the dinner food at Chef Mickey's was awful, while the breakfast food at Crystal Palace was very good. We would DEFINITELY go back to Crystal Palace. We originally booked Crystal Palace for dinner b/c it got glowing reviews- in fact, everyone I've spoken to about dinner at Crystal Palace had nothing but raves- but we switched so we could have that pre-MK opening breakfast experience instead.

Disney_Belle

Crystal Palace is one restaurant I go to every trip. The atmosphere is so nice, and the food is always good :) We're going to be back there next Friday am for a very early breakfast! :slurp:

DisneyNole

We ate at the Crystal Palace for breakfast in December, as stated above the normal breakfast food was fine, and I especially remember the great fruit and super good granola. Go for it (and you're already inside the park!)!!

GeoDonJac34

I personally love the place, but not so much the food. i have only been there for dinner though. I do believe everyone who goes to the world should give it a try. You are in MK, and it is a nice place.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
If you search you will find that every restaurant World wide gets bad reviews on line. Some you can tell are written by moaning twats who will never be happy, some with axes to grind because their Martinis were shaken not stirred, some who complain that they've booked to eat in a place where they dont actually like that type of food and some with actual genuine reasons of complaint that are expressed in less hysterical prose.

I tend to assess if the complaint would have actually bothered me and make a decision based on gut feeling.

I know I have in recent years been critical of Mama Melroses, Brown Derby, Tonys Bomas and Le Cellier. But have enjoyed several places that have had very negative reviews on line.

If your reading nothing but bad reviews then you do have to see there is a trend. However a character breakfast is what it is and should be viewed that way rather than fine dining.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I think that if take a sampling of people here, everyone of them would name a different restaurant that they do not care for.

That being said, I have enjoyed my visits to the Crystal Palace. :shrug:

If you search you will find that every restaurant World wide gets bad reviews on line. Some you can tell are written by moaning twats who will never be happy, some with axes to grind because their Martinis were shaken not stirred, some who complain that they've booked to eat in a place where they dont actually like that type of food and some with actual genuine reasons of complaint that are expressed in less hysterical prose.

I tend to assess if the complaint would have actually bothered me and make a decision based on gut feeling.

I know I have in recent years been critical of Mama Melroses, Brown Derby, Tonys Bomas and Le Cellier. But have enjoyed several places that have had very negative reviews on line.

If your reading nothing but bad reviews then you do have to see there is a trend. However a character breakfast is what it is and should be viewed that way rather than fine dining.

There indeed seems to be a rise in the negativity towards dining at WDW these days. I don't know if it's the DDP, the perceived lack of personal attention like Pumbas said, or people looking for easy targets to pick on....

That being said, Crystal Palace is fine for dinner. It's a buffet, and in the end I have yet to find anyone who couldn't get a decent meal there. My kids have always enjoyed the character interaction, even when they deemed themselves "too old" for that type of stuff. I'm sure you both will have a good time, see the characters you want, and have a good meal. :wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

100% correct

Disneykidder

We ate at Crystal Palace on our last trip for breakfast and it was very good. They had a decent assortment and it was yummy. It took a while for Winnie the Pooh to come around and we actually waited to leave just for him but it was yummy. The place is very pretty and I loved having a window view of MK.

I have been to Chef Mickey's so many times I can't even count but never for breakfast so I don't know how it is but if it is like dinner it has to be good.:)

Phonedave

Spot on. However it took me a minute to stop wondering where Tony's Bomas was and how I never heard of it before (Sort of like Tommy Bahama's)

As far as the Crystal Palace is concerned. I have only had breakfast there, a number of times.

It is a WDW buffet breakfast. It is the same omlets, scrambled eggs, bacon, sauasge, fruit, and pastries that you are going to get at any place you eat in WDW. It is pretty hard to screw up breakfast. It is also pretty hard to take it to the next level. Breaksfast tends to be a level playing field. But the atmosphere in the Crystal Palace is enjoyable (at least to me). It is open and airy and depending on what table you get, there are some good views to be had.

-dave

Master Gracey 5

Tack me on as another fan of the Crystal Palace. I enjoy the atmosphere and love Eeyore as well so its always fun to see the Pooh characters. We enjoy the breakfast there to the point that I've never had lunch or dinner at the Palace. The selection is good and fairly varied, so if you like the typical breakfast foods of eggs, fruit, waffles, etc I don't think you'll regret the decision.

echovictor

This is one of our "must do" breakfasts each visit. We always try to get the last brkfst reservation of the day so it serves as our early lunch. Even at the end of the brkfst service, the food is always good, hot and plentiful. In our experience, each character has spent plenty of time with us and my daughter loves the parade. (Hip Hip Hoorah for the Piglet and the Pooh.)

apple

:sohappy:Crystal Palace~~~ Thumbs Up... Chef Mickey~~~ Thumbs up... The Characters are great...There is always something to eat... The kiddos love it... We love the atmosphere... I mean what do you expect, it's Disney??? Nothings perfect... But if you go there nit~picking, judging...or if you go there expecting to be disappointed, well then yeah, you aren't gonna enjoy yourself.... And I am sure we are all going there with a child~like heart, to enjoy ourselves:rolleyes: Crystal Palace is my bro-in-laws favorite....but you will hear good and bad reviews I am sure... Oh and I LOVE Winnie the Pooh!!!!

MillerPoppins

Count me in as another Crystal Palace fan. Although the Pooh gang is not up there among my favorite of characters, this is a must for every trip. The food is fantastic and it's one of the best breakfast and character meals you are going to find in Disney. Even my BF who is not a buffet or huge breakfast fan loved the CP and our experience there.

coltow

I will say I had enjoyed both dinner & breakfast at CP many times in the past. However the last time we ate there, the dinner was just fine no complaints about the food. It was the characters we had issues with. We had 2 small boys and they desperately wanted to meet all the characters. The characters came by so quick that the kids kept asking when they'd come back. They came to table signed autograph book, leaned in for a picture and were gone. We have done so many character meals and this was by far the worst experience we ever had. My kids didn't get hugs or high 5's or even a wave. DH & I agreed that we wouldn't go back for awhile and haven't been back here since. There are so many out there that it really doesn't matter to us which characters are there as long as it makes the kids happy.

baswan

:wave::sohappy:Have only had dinner there twice but enjoyed both times. Will be going in March for breakfast before MK opens. It will be nice to take an unobstructed view of the castle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom