Credit Card / Room reservation

The trip I'm planning is the first one that is going to be ONLY me and my DH. We do not have a credit card (I'm one of those people who refused to ever get one since they cause trouble for so many). I figure if I don't have the cash to pay for it then I don't need it...whatever "it" may be. Anywho, if I use my sister's card to book my reservation it won't be a big deal will it - the card in her name but the room in my name?

Second, if that part isn't a big deal, what about when it's time to check out? I won't physically have the card on me since it's not mine. Will that matter? Will they even care since the card number was provided when I booked the room?

Maybe someone from KK will know???:shrug:
Anyone else ever deal with this?

sbkline

The room has to be paid in full before you even arrive, so once you arrive, since it is paid in full, they won't care about the credit card except to ask if you want to put a credit card number on file to charge stuff on.

As far as the first part of the question, anytime you purchase anything with a credit card, they ask for the name on the credit card, the card number, and sometimes that 3 digit number on the back. So my guess would be that the owner of the credit card may have to be the one to call and book the room, but I can't say for sure on that.

Having said all that, even though it seems to be increasingly convenient, if not necessary, to have a credit card, I would think that they would have to have a way of accomodating "old school" folks who don' thave a credit card. You could always call and ask what they can do for you without having a credit card. Maybe they could hold the room for a week or so while they wait to get a check from you to pay the deposit.

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Do you have a debit card? I don't have credit cards anymore so I just use my debit card for everything. They don't care as long as it gets approved. :shrug:

Upvote 0

Rob562

Others have given some good suggestions. I'll just add a few more random points.

One poster said that the room has to be totally paid for before arrival. That's partially true, but not always. If you book a Package reservation, then it has to be paid for entirely 45 days before check-in. If you book a Room Only reservation, only the first night it due as a deposit, with the balance not due until you check in.

Of course, even with a Room Only, you can always pay it in-full beforehand. And those payments on a Package or Room-Only reservation can be made by credit card, debit card or by mailing a check.

You could use cash to buy and put money on a Disney Gift Card at your local Disney Store, which can be used to make reservations online and over the phone, as well as pay for things while in WDW.
You could also get one of those Visa/MasterCard branded pre-paid cards. The convenience of a credit card, but it's more like a gift card.

If you want to set up a room charge account, it's easiest with a credit or debit card, but it *can* be done with cash. (Your limit is set as whatever amount you pre-pay them at the front desk, and you debit from that as you go along) Though not all Front Desk CMs know how to do this, so it might require a manager. Even if you leave them a credit card number, you can still pay down the balance at any time using any form of payment. (Just as long as you do it before the night before checkout, which is when all room charges dump to the credit card on file)

When you book online, on the screen where you enter the billing info and the Guests names, there's a specific box to check if the cardholder who is making the reservation is *not* the Primary Guest on the reservation. (Such as in the OP's instance with their sister) If you have all the money available up-front,

-Rob

Upvote 0

connie254

I have used the Disney Gift cards also. One of the local grocery chains sell these and for every $50 you spend on gift cards, you get 10 cents off a gallon of gas. I also do some reward programs online that pay in Paypal. The online Disney store has Disney Gift cards that are free to ship and can be paid for by Paypal.

Upvote 0

Alison1975

We also don't have credit cards but we used our debit card to reserve our package... it will be all paid for by the time we arrive in the World.. we plan to have gift cards in $25 and $100 denominations for our shopping needs...

Upvote 0

smk

You can reserve a "room" only with a card and pay the balance in cash when you arrive. You can also chose to not have a card on file and pay cash for everything else you need like tickets and food. The tickets can be loaded on the room key because you have already paid cash to purchase them. So, long story short, you do not need a credit card once you get to WDW...just a lot of cash and a plan to have fun!

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
A word about Disney gift cards...if you have access to Sam's Club go there to buy the card. You can get a $100 gift card for $98. Plus, you get an extra $10 for use in any Disney Store or online. So in reality you are getting $110 for $98. Not too bad. They don't expire so you can stock up months in advance.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

A word about Disney gift cards...if you have access to Sam's Club go there to buy the card. You can get a $100 gift card for $98. Plus, you get an extra $10 for use in any Disney Store or online. So in reality you are getting $110 for $98. Not too bad. They don't expire so you can stock up months in advance.

Boy I wish I wish I would have known that last week. I just purchased 2 gift cards are my local Disney store...one for $385 and one for $730....the extra money i could have made buy them from Sam's club. And the Sam's club is across the street from the mall where the Disney store is so it would not have been out of the way....DARN :(

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

Hmmm, didn't know about the Sam's Club thing, either...going there tomorrow.

We reserved our trip for this summer with our debit card and will keep making payments every month from our checking and just mail it...it is quicker than calling, sometimes.

The last time we booked, we were able to send in checks but this time when I called I was surprised to see they wanted the credit card payment right there on the spot. It wasn't a big deal, I just didn't know they had changed things. So I just used a debit card. We don't do credit cards other than department stores anymore, either.

Call them and see if they will accept a check over the phone or if you can mail one for the deposit. I'm sure they will accommodate you.:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom