Creative WDW Vacation Video

dr_teeth90210

Original Poster
I was just browsing through vimeo when I came across this family's WDW vacation video. You can definitely tell a lot of time and effort went into the video. I wish my family was this cooperative when I break out my camera. :)

http://vimeo.com/27018801

bgraham34

Yes, they has been much talk about them the last few years. Part of their video is feature on the Magic Memories and You Projection show.

ddbowdoin

am I the only person who finds the transitions a bit tacky? He has some serious gear, sliders and steady set up aren't cheap, so I give him credit for the effort.

I guess I'm more of the Chase Jarvis / black and white / minimalist

Fresh Hop

I wouldn't say the transitions were 'tacky'... it's a family w/ kids at Disney. I expect it to be over the top and fun. And overall, a ton of thought and skill went into preparing, executing, and editing. It's an extra creative and exciting video.

However for me 2 things bugged me: #1- the song is abysmal (sorry). #2- the fx sunglasses and such were a little weird and seemed unnecessary.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
That is awesome. Song is pretty butt but the video and cooperation he got from his and other families is pretty cool.

cvw

I really didn't even plan the opening transitions of the sunglasses. I started to notice how I could lay them over each other as I was editing, and I couldn't resist. As for the song, I just desperately wanted something that wasn't Disney. When we do these family videos, I always use a song with a slow bridge to put something a bit more serious in, and this song fit the bill. I also really liked the message of the lyrics. I seriously appreciate the comments, good or bad. There's probably nothing you can say that I haven't already thought of myself. (Including, "How did that beautiful woman end up marrying such a doofus?")

Tigger1988

I really didn't even plan the opening transitions of the sunglasses. I started to notice how I could lay them over each other as I was editing, and I couldn't resist. As for the song, I just desperately wanted something that wasn't Disney. When we do these family videos, I always use a song with a slow bridge to put something a bit more serious in, and this song fit the bill. I also really liked the message of the lyrics. I seriously appreciate the comments, good or bad. There's probably nothing you can say that I haven't already thought of myself. (Including, "How did that beautiful woman end up marrying such a doofus?")

Just watched both Disney videos. It's amazing how much better you got (the filming, editing, even the lip syncing) between the first and second video. Kudos!

VDisneyFan18

first of all awesome video.
i wish my family was that coperative i also love how you picked a nondisney song because if you did it would be a disney overdose........ hey i want you to come on our trip and record us the do your magic computer thing then ill pay you................ i wish

but anyway, great video. be sure to post you new ones when the come

Rob562

After realizing that they were there the exact same dates that we were (and possibly at the same DVC resort, can't quite tell from the one scene inside the villa), I may have to watch again. Never know who might turn up in the background. (Though I don't seem to recall seeing any crazy dancing families) ;)

EDIT: OK, guess I'm not as observant as I thought. Re-watching it, there were at least 2 shots near the beginning that were obviously BCV (which is also where we stayed that week).

-Rob

JenTerr

This is an impressive video!! I know it takes a lot of work to put something like this together. There's a lot of planning evident, both with creative design and all the technical gear necessary.

I really love home videos from Disney parks, and this type of video seems to be increasingly popular to make. What types of home videos are your favorites?

captainkidd

This is one of those to each their own type things. Great videos, no doubt. Lot of effort went into it. For my part, too much effort. Reminds me of an 80's sitcom at WDW. Sure, it's great to be there, but you're working the whole time.

cvw

Lot of effort went into it. For my part, too much effort...Sure, it's great to be there, but you're working the whole time.

Not nearly as much as you might think. The key is plan ahead and take a long vacation. We were there for ten days and, on average, spent 15 to 20 minutes a day doing stuff specifically for the video, and even then only for probably five or six of the days. (We spent two days at Universal, where I didn't even bother to bring the camera...I knew I'd want a break.) The rest of the footage is just me walking around with a camcorder like any other dad.

Most of the time spent comes afterward at home editing and compositing. That's the stage where most people get burned out on doing video.

SuperSaint

Finally a video where the quality of the video looks to match the quality of the trip. Usually a video doesn't really do a lot to capture what it's like to be there.

Amazing work.

Crockett

Banned
This was excellent! Your energy, the effects/editing...all of it was very well done!

Kudos to a very well put-together video. Very upbeat and fun to watch, truely capturing what a WDW vacation is supposed to be. :sohappy::sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom