Creative WDW Vacation Video

Cosmic Commando

I really didn't even plan the opening transitions of the sunglasses. I started to notice how I could lay them over each other as I was editing, and I couldn't resist. As for the song, I just desperately wanted something that wasn't Disney. When we do these family videos, I always use a song with a slow bridge to put something a bit more serious in, and this song fit the bill. I also really liked the message of the lyrics. I seriously appreciate the comments, good or bad. There's probably nothing you can say that I haven't already thought of myself. (Including, "How did that beautiful woman end up marrying such a doofus?")
Another Wolfs Dance WDW video and comments from the man himself... very cool! My family watched the old Orlando video so much; we saw one of the first castle projection shows in January and my wife and I both noticed right away: there's the Wolfs, and there's the Wolfs, and there's the Wolfs. The editing definitely has gotten better, and I liked all the crazy transitions at the beginning. It would've been overkill if you did through the whole video, but you have to play around a bit and see what you can do, right? Your son on the iPhone with the characters was priceless!

majorrfb

How true!!!!

This was excellent! Your energy, the effects/editing...all of it was very well done!

Kudos to a very well put-together video. Very upbeat and fun to watch, truely capturing what a WDW vacation is supposed to be. :sohappy::sohappy:

The above quote says it all!!:ROFLOL:

ght

I really didn't even plan the opening transitions of the sunglasses. I started to notice how I could lay them over each other as I was editing, and I couldn't resist. As for the song, I just desperately wanted something that wasn't Disney. When we do these family videos, I always use a song with a slow bridge to put something a bit more serious in, and this song fit the bill. I also really liked the message of the lyrics. I seriously appreciate the comments, good or bad. There's probably nothing you can say that I haven't already thought of myself. (Including, "How did that beautiful woman end up marrying such a doofus?")

Great video, I could never get my kids to cooperate like that and even if I could I wouldn't have close to the skill that you do to pull it off. My only problem with it is that it made me want to be at a Disney park instead of being stuck at work.

cvw

Thank you for the kind comments!

DSLR... with HD video! Much better purchase, manual focus and aperture options with lenses

If you really want beautiful video, I couldn't agree more with getting a DSLR. I probably would have burned out after the first video if I hadn't gotten one. Just keep in mind there's a steep learning curve, and it's difficult to use on the fly while you're walking around. I'll still never give up my camcorder.

At one point they show the dates June 3-10. And it's also obvious that they were in the MK on Saturday the 4th. (As was I) ;)

-Rob

Very observant! We were in MK June 4th. My favorite part of the day was watching all the dads who unwittingly wore red T shirts. They seemed to stay especially close to their wives all day.

Rob562

Very observant! We were in MK June 4th. My favorite part of the day was watching all the dads who unwittingly wore red T shirts. They seemed to stay especially close to their wives all day.

Yup. :)

I have a photo pretty much of the exact same view you have in one scene from near Splash looking down toward Liberty Square and seeing a sea of red shirts.

-Rob

MickeyPeace

I really hope that was an observation of ignorance and not a statement of ignorance.

cvw

I really hope that was an observation of ignorance and not a statement of ignorance.
Oh, come now. Live and let live. I'm making fun of the skittish.

(And I think you use a fair word with "ignorance". It's interesting that none of my kids gave any of it a second thought the whole day.)

MickeyPeace

Oh, come now. Live and let live. I'm making fun of the skittish.

(And I think you use a fair word with "ignorance". It's interesting that none of my kids gave any of it a second thought the whole day.)

Live and let live. Exactly!
I'm glad that your kids didn't give it a second thought because children learn ignorance from parents.
That says a lot about your parenting skills. Well done.

ddbowdoin

Live and let live. Exactly!
I'm glad that your kids didn't give it a second thought because children learn ignorance from parents.
That says a lot about your parenting skills. Well done.

what the heck is this red shirt talk?

as a professional photographer, I wish it was shot 100% with your DSLR with sliders and steadycam. It's like switching between HDTV and standard television, the image quality and audio shifts in and out. But, amazing your family goes along with it. I photograph probably 280 days a year so when we go on vacation the wife hates when I bring out my gear.

zweltar

These videos are awesome! Nice job. Very fun to watch and incredibly neat to see a family cooperating and having fun together.

cvw

what the heck is this red shirt talk?
The first week of June is usually Gay Days at WDW.
as a professional photographer, I wish it was shot 100% with your DSLR with sliders and steadycam. It's like switching between HDTV and standard television, the image quality and audio shifts in and out. But, amazing your family goes along with it. I photograph probably 280 days a year so when we go on vacation the wife hates when I bring out my gear.

I couldn't agree with you more, but that gets back to the problem of capturing spontaneous moments, and also enjoying my vacation with my family. I use mostly prime lenses with the DSLR, and there's no way to switch lenses without missing a lot of special moments. (Especially given the lack of auto focus on DSLR's.)

The camcorder I have is no slouch. It's a Canon HF G10, which actually shoots in 24p, for a more cinematic look. (Very few camcorders have this feature.)

The more experienced I become, though, I could probably go to DSLR only, even on family outings. I'd miss certain spontaneous moments, but the stuff I'd get would look far superior. Then with creative editing, color correction, etc., I'd have a better final product.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Not nearly as much as you might think. The key is plan ahead and take a long vacation. We were there for ten days and, on average, spent 15 to 20 minutes a day doing stuff specifically for the video, and even then only for probably five or six of the days. (We spent two days at Universal, where I didn't even bother to bring the camera...I knew I'd want a break.) The rest of the footage is just me walking around with a camcorder like any other dad.

Most of the time spent comes afterward at home editing and compositing. That's the stage where most people get burned out on doing video.

One word - Awesome! Great Job. I would love to do something like this but
1. My family would never cooperate
2. I don't have the talent to make something that cool.

You obvioulsy enjoy working with video editing and everyone commenting on it being "too much work" isn't getting the point that you're doing something you obvioulsy enjoy not to mention reliving your vacation with your wonderful family.

People can comment that it has tacky transitions, or it's has an 80s sitcom style...pay no mind, you obviously put a LOT of effort into it - captured the spirt of fun WDW vacation and you deserves kudos.

If I'm going to be stuck watching someone's 'home movies' i'd prefer to be yours :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom