Creations Shop opening this summer

Cmdr_Crimson

I think less people are dissapointed in MouseGear leaving per say.. and moreso in the main EPCOT shop not reaching the theming potential it could have regarding EPCOT’s creations, considering just how creative & unique it was as a park.
Just nods to Epcot's past like photos and such like this one..
0bf06bd1cb3929770d11bc80c74887ba-e1573040816616.jpg

James Alucobond

I was fine with it until Mickey showed up for work undead. I get that the aesthetic is improved although it looks more Contemporary Tower than Future World to me. Nothing else in Future World looks this clean. It looks like a (nice) surgical suite.
It probably would had they kept up with the times. The Land and The Seas in particular could stand to have a similarly modern reworking of their common areas, albeit with more appropriate theming. They're just so ... 80's, which apparently a lot of Disney folks fanatically enjoy going by many of the posts here, but it's never going to feel especially cared for if it looks like it's inhabiting a different era.

Cmdr_Crimson

I was fine with it until Mickey showed up for work undead. I get that the aesthetic is improved although it looks more Contemporary Tower than Future World to me. Nothing else in Future World looks this clean. It looks like a (nice) surgical suite. It was a great place for quadruple bypass until the mural went up. Imagine coming out of anesthesia to
View attachment 584607

Looks like he's been online too long..
71e9292ea219d357f2a236ca94df7510.gif

Figments Friend

Yeah...i have mixed feelings about that stylized Mickey mural in the shop.

The graphic style belongs over at World of Disney.
Not really a good 'fit' for Epcot, but that is just me perhaps.

Would have been nice if it was a mural design that directly related to Epcot itself....and not just 'generic Mickey'.
But today it is all about Instagrammable walls to do 'selfies' against, so.....
Mission accomplished.

😒

-

Cmdr_Crimson

Yeah...i have mixed feelings about that stylized Mickey mural in the shop.

The graphic style belongs over at World of Disney.
Not really a good 'fit' for Epcot, but that is just me perhaps.

Would have been nice if it was a mural design that directly related to Epcot itself....and not just 'generic Mickey'.
But today it is all about Instagrammable walls to do 'selfies' against, so.....
Mission accomplished.

😒

-
IMO they should've got one of Festival arts creators to make a decent Figment Mural..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom