Creations Shop opening this summer

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Actually organize a strategic boycott if you want it to be effective. Expecting people to individually modify their behavior based on a series of decisions from Disney that affect them disproportionately is a fool's errand.
I expect no one to have a sense of anything beyond themselves…

and i’m correct…which is why Disney gets full autonomy

Sir_Cliff

Poor old Zach! He must post something on Instagram and then turn off social media for 24 hours until the fury has died down!

I'm getting the feeling that the mistake here has been revealing this project piece by piece. People have been upset when he's posted about the floors, the lights, and everything else. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think if the store just opened and this mural was there it wouldn't attract such hate and people may find it suits the location. It's obviously not 'on model' in the sense that the idea is depicting Mickey in motion. The Italian futurists it ain't, but Mickey has been depicted in a lot of ways over the years.

ToTBellHop

I expect no one to have a sense of anything beyond themselves…

and i’m correct…which is why Disney gets full autonomy
They may fix this. They gave us our noodles back!
1630699383372.gif

James Alucobond

Poor old Zach! He must post something on Instagram and then turn off social media for 24 hours until the fury has died down!

I'm getting the feeling that the mistake here has been revealing this project piece by piece. People have been upset when he's posted about the floors, the lights, and everything else. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think if the store just opened and this mural was there it wouldn't attract such hate and people may find it suits the location. It's obviously not 'on model' in the sense that the idea is depicting Mickey in motion. The Italian futurists it ain't, but Mickey has been depicted in a lot of ways over the years.
I'm all for waiting to see the final space, but this is a completed piece of artwork that can safely be evaluated based on its own merits.

Sir_Cliff

I'm all for waiting to see the final space, but this is a completed piece of artwork that can safely be evaluated based on its own merits.
Sure, but it is painted specifically to go in a particular space. Of course everyone is free to hate or love it as much as they want. My suspicion, though, is that it works better in context. I also suspect that a lot of the alternatives people are suggesting would be a little too chocolate boxy.

castlecake2.0

Couldn’t they have done a mural of the “creation” of the park. I’m mostly onboard for the epcot updates but not this mural. You know I’ll tell GR. I’ve said it many times before, but when you write GR or go to the lobby of course you’ll get the standard line from the person you’re talking to, but your comment does get forwarded to the appropriate department. They don’t know if we don’t tell them. And yes I know it doesn’t always mean they’ll change something, but if enough people speak up you never know.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Couldn’t they have done a mural of the “creation” of the park. I’m mostly onboard for the epcot updates but not this mural. You know I’ll tell GR. I’ve said it many times before, but when you write GR or go to the lobby of course you’ll get the standard line from the person you’re talking to, but your comment does get forwarded to the appropriate department. They don’t know if we don’t tell them. And yes I know it doesn’t always mean they’ll change something, but if enough people speak up you never know.
Depends on whether that would fit the look of the space.

UNCgolf

I haven't really disliked anything else about the store beyond thinking it looks a bit generic (like World of Disney), but that mural is just awful.

To be fair, I would dislike it even if the Mickeys didn't look weird. I'm never going to like a giant mural of Mickey Mouse (especially when it's JUST Mickey Mouse without anything else remotely related to EPCOT beyond a logo) in EPCOT, even though that ship sailed long ago.

Cmdr_Crimson

Use the > on the right to swipe through the photos -

There are two emotions I'm dealing with about this....
images
images

Especially in the fact they could have made a mural of the characters of Epcot's past greeting a new Tomorrow...But, no....no that's way to creative to understand this and say this is Epcot to how They want it..They should have Kept Electronic Forum in Epcot and let the Fans have their say we'd be stringing them by their Grubjibs!

Goofywilliam

I have no issues with the mural, it’s really just the context. This doesn’t belong in Epcot. I want something fun and stylistic that fits the contemporary style and storytelling themes they are going for with the remodel. This was a huge missed opportunity for the design team.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom