Creations Shop opening this summer

Bob_W

The mural is ok but it certainly does not inspire me to pay the extraordinary high fees they have been adding lately. Disney feels they can keep raising prices and throw in murals and kite shows to get people in the parks as the fans are the most dedicated in the world, I used to be but not anymore. Tron opening or Guardians is a step in the right direction but this is meh at best.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
vampmickey.jpg

G00fyDad

All I'm seeing right now: 🤣🤣
tenor.gif

I'm going to go in the shop and if it has something I like then I'm going to buy it. I'm not going to walk in, take one look around, throw my hands up in the air and walk right back out because I'm disgusted by the decor. It. Is. A. Gift. Shop. 🤣 Is this shop done exactly the way people in this board would have done it themselves? No. But unless any of us are architects or interior designers that work on massive projects like this then why gripe about it? I happen to like the cleaner design. Mouse Gears just felt dated and cluttered. And let's not forget that this is Epcot. This theme seems to fit right in with the park. If they had tried to do this exact same shop in Animal Kingdom or Magic Kingdom then I could understand the irritation by some.

Last edited:

J4546

hopefully this opens soon! Even though I dont really care about it, its a shop, im not really big on the shops as much as rides but its still cool to see it almost complete. Creations, Club Kool, Pop Corn Kiosk, Rat Expansion and Harmonious all opening up in a couple months is def gonna boost Epcots value imo.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sure, but it is painted specifically to go in a particular space. Of course everyone is free to hate or love it as much as they want. My suspicion, though, is that it works better in context. I also suspect that a lot of the alternatives people are suggesting would be a little too chocolate boxy.
Who da hell are we talking about again?
They always are.
…you noticed 😘

Figments Friend

Sigh... I'm sorry, but to say some "edgy" looking Mickeys are continuing the legacy of EPCOT's catalog of attraction murals is just...no.

Some palate cleansers below. Do Zach and his team really believe Mickey in Motion is even in the same league as these (and not just execution, but meaning and symbolism, too)?

View attachment 584296
View attachment 584297

View attachment 584299

View attachment 584311

View attachment 584312
View attachment 584324

[Edits made to the first section for better word choice.]

THIS x's 1000.

This!!!

( applause )

-

Sir_Cliff

To be fair, I would dislike it even if the Mickeys didn't look weird. I'm never going to like a giant mural of Mickey Mouse (especially when it's JUST Mickey Mouse without anything else remotely related to EPCOT beyond a logo) in EPCOT, even though that ship sailed long ago.
I do understand the aversion to slathering characters onto the park, including here. The one thing with this location is that for almost its entire history Mickey & Friends have been featured around the store. So, if they can elevate how they do that in some way I think it's at least an improvement.

Looking at this thread, I just can't imagine if the store had opened with it in place that people would have been so offended that they'd be talking about boycotts or complaining to Guest Relations.

I mean, it was already a Mickey Mouse gift shop. At least Mouse Gear made a (slight) attempt to fit into Future World East.
I think part of my defence of this shop so far is that for me it's at least a big improvement on Mouse Gear. That was pure 1990s character and decoration overdrive that really didn't suit Epcot. At least in my view, it was more an example of themed retail from the era than of theme park design. For the most part, what people don't like about this store vs. Mouse Gear are I think actually what makes it appropriate for the location.

ToTBellHop

I do understand the aversion to slathering characters onto the park, including here. The one thing with this location is that for almost its entire history Mickey & Friends have been featured around the store. So, if they can elevate how they do that in some way I think it's at least an improvement.

Looking at this thread, I just can't imagine if the store had opened with it in place that people would have been so offended that they'd be talking about boycotts or complaining to Guest Relations.

I think part of my defence of this shop so far is that for me it's at least a big improvement on Mouse Gear. That was pure 1990s character and decoration overdrive that really didn't suit Epcot. At least in my view, it was more an example of themed retail from the era than of theme park design. For the most part, what people don't like about this store vs. Mouse Gear are I think actually what makes it appropriate for the location.
I was fine with it until Mickey showed up for work undead. I get that the aesthetic is improved although it looks more Contemporary Tower than Future World to me. Nothing else in Future World looks this clean. It looks like a (nice) surgical suite. It was a great place for quadruple bypass until the mural went up. Imagine coming out of anesthesia to
267F9FFD-D0DA-4E12-BD00-EB6CEE5284F7.jpeg

Inspired Figment

If Mickey and Figment can be in the same universe they should have done something similar and incorporate this..

ce53b1a2f5dda6c3df9efccae23db5e0.jpg
I agree! Or this!;
D3D6EECA-B8A7-475A-B638-100139941672.png

Or this (each section possibly showcasing artwork with Mickey dressed/in theme for each different area of the store, featuring Mickey & Friends visiting those spots & meeting the other EPCOT characters.)
04C84DE9-AB6B-4625-9560-AA18CD13AC6B.jpeg

Inspired Figment

I agree! Or this!; View attachment 584645
Or this (each section possibly showcasing artwork with Mickey dressed/in theme for each different area of the store, featuring Mickey & Friends visiting those spots & meeting the other EPCOT characters.)
View attachment 584647
Even Centorium initially got this right with its displays & what theming they ‘did’ have in the shop. With the EPCOT logos and that and the figures of Mickey & Friends & Figment dressed in appropriate attire. That simply could’ve been expanded/updated rather than basically dwindled to generic Mickey & Friends with an over exaggerated ‘Gear’ pun or in this case, everyday Mickey in slightly different artists interpretations on the wall.. with maybe small references to EPCOT. but yeah;

Inspired Figment

I think less people are dissapointed in MouseGear leaving per say.. and moreso in the main EPCOT shop not reaching the theming potential it could have regarding EPCOT’s creations, considering just how creative & unique it was as a park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom