Creations Shop opening this summer

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
when's the next Insta post?? I wanna know what type of hinges they're using on the doors!

It’s quite the process. First PR has to come up with a topic. Then they have to figure out how to make it fit with some project. Then they have to write the script, have The Zach on-site and posing for pictures with said topic, re-write the script a few times to have WDI provide a few fancy words plus make sure all the buzzwords are included and boxes are checked, get it approved my management, and then finally post it to The Zach’s Instagram profile.

Inspired Figment

It would have been cool if they honored the past. Maybe with some old props and whatever's left of Buzzy.
Yeeah, sure would be nice if the EPCOT store was actually themed to ‘EPCOT’ itself. The ‘Creation’/‘Creations’ of EPCOT rather than themed ‘entirely’ around freakin’ typical/regular/everday Mickey Mouse of all things that I can find everywhere else on WDW property…. Smh. That or if you’re gonna use distinctly EPCOT themed characters representing creation & creativity… then Dreamfinder & Figment would’ve been the most obvious/logical choice. Like make it a Dreamport looking shop with each section separated by pavilion/attraction.. and then maybe have ‘one’ section designated to the more generic merchandise you can find everywhere else on property. Heck, even if you wanted Mickey & Friends involved. Why not do it like the Centorium in the past? Put them in EPCOT themed attire ‘alongside’ all the EPCOT exclusive characters.

Last edited:

peter11435

Yeeah, sure would be nice if the EPCOT store was actually themed to ‘EPCOT’ itself. The ‘Creation’/‘Creations’ of EPCOT rather than themed ‘entirely’ around freakin’ typical/regular/everday Mickey Mouse of all things that I can find everywhere else on WDW property…. Smh. That or if you’re gonna use distinctly EPCOT themed characters representing creation & creativity… then Dreamfinder & Figment would’ve been the most obvious/logical choice. Like make it a Dreamport looking shop with each section separated by pavilion/attraction.. and then maybe have ‘one’ section designated to the more generic merchandise you can find everywhere else on property. Heck, even if you wanted Mickey & Friends involved. Why not do it like the Centorium in the past? Put them in EPCOT themed attire ‘alongside’ all the EPCOT exclusive characters.
You know that Creations is replacing MOUSEgear… a store that was themed around Mickey Mouse

Inspired Figment

You know that Creations is replacing MOUSEgear… a store that was themed around Mickey Mouse
Still doesn’t change the problem it had to begin with. They screwed up the theming of an updated Centorium for the millennium focusing on generic Mickey & Friends (not even EPCOT-themed versions).. and here they are doing it again, just making it more streamlined/simplistic in it’s theming & overall design. Shame they didn’t think to go back to the values/integrity of the original park while updating the concept of a main EPCOT shop correctly.

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

Seriously @GrandCanyonConcourse . It was a stupid/poorly implemented idea (making it themed entirely around generic Mickey & Friends) for the main EPCOT store even in ‘99/2000. Centorium got things right. Why they didn’t just update/improve that concept by making each section themed to each pavilion/attraction including ‘all’ the EPCOT characters alongside Mickey & Friends in appropriately themed attire is beyond me.

Little Green Men

Seriously @GrandCanyonConcourse . It was a stupid/poorly implemented idea (making it themed entirely around generic Mickey & Friends) for the main EPCOT store even in ‘99/2000. Centorium got things right. Why they didn’t just update/improve that concept by making each section themed to each pavilion/attraction including ‘all’ the EPCOT characters alongside Mickey & Friends in appropriately themed attire is beyond me.
Sure but it’s not like the new shop is much different from the dated aesthetic Centorium had

Bocabear

The trend of Mid Mod/80s Futurist style has indeed cycled back as well as some of the brilliant colors used back then. The Centrum would have been a wonderful place to start...as an inspiration...instead of an Apple Store and Mickey Mouse. YES!!! Theme the shop to the actual pavilions... Bring back some of that Original "EPCOT Cool" instead of bland Ikea-Modern that you can see anywhere and everywhere...

montyz81

I must say, I hope they get this right. I was in Epcot 2 weeks ago, and I was hugely disappointed with temporary Mouse Gears. For that matter, the shop had content that felt like it belonged in a regular Disney store rather than a parks shop. I asked one of the cast members if they had any Epcot-specific merch, and she said go down to the camera shop. I went to the camera shop, and it was all Pride-specific gear. Epcot lost money because they were selling to a specific group of people. It was pitiful how little park-specific merch was available. I get the sense that Bob Chapik will do to the theme parks what the US auto manufacturers did to their cars throughout the 1980s. Poor quality, lacking detail, poor design, and higher prices.

Shame. I am losing my interest in Disney.

Inspired Figment

I must say, I hope they get this right. I was in Epcot 2 weeks ago, and I was hugely disappointed with temporary Mouse Gears. For that matter, the shop had content that felt like it belonged in a regular Disney store rather than a parks shop. I asked one of the cast members if they had any Epcot-specific merch, and she said go down to the camera shop. I went to the camera shop, and it was all Pride-specific gear. Epcot lost money because they were selling to a specific group of people. It was pitiful how little park-specific merch was available. I get the sense that Bob Chapik will do to the theme parks what the US auto manufacturers did to their cars throughout the 1980s. Poor quality, lacking detail, poor design, and higher prices.

Shame. I am losing my interest in Disney.
Yep, most of us I think have felt the same way.. though I hate to break it to you, but this new “Creations” shop is only boosting that flawed vision for the parks (and it’s shops for that matter). It’s definitely Chapek to blame for this.. he wants all of Disney to be “singular” in a sense and not something with variety with the values, integrity, and qualities within the parks we’ve come to expect over the years.

montyz81

It’s definitely Chapek to blame for this.. he wants all of Disney to be “singular” in a sense and not something with variety with the values, integrity, and qualities within the parks we’ve come to expect over the years.
That is exactly what I am talking about. GM, Ford, and Chrysler all rested on their good names to help sell cars while de-contenting them. If Chapek isn't careful, he is going to further degrade the Disney name to a level comparable with Six Flags. Emersion extends through the entire park not once you get off your ride vehicle!

TikibirdLand

That is exactly what I am talking about. GM, Ford, and Chrysler all rested on their good names to help sell cars while de-contenting them. If Chapek isn't careful, he is going to further degrade the Disney name to a level comparable with Six Flags. Emersion extends through the entire park not once you get off your ride vehicle!
I agree. Totally off-topic. GMC is running a commercial right now comparing their trucks to supercars "yet tougher". Gotta roll my eyes. When I compare long-term quality of GM products to those of Toyota and Honda, maybe they're right in that area; their trucks break down as often as Lamborghini and Ferrari!

ppete1975

odd that rat and even the play pavillion is on here... but space 220 isnt.......
I really thought it would open with rat.
So many coming attractions shown, but space isnt.
But werent they hiring?

I thought maybe its because its a restaurant but club cool is shown and so is new retail

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom