Creations Shop opening this summer

DreamfinderGuy

Latest look at central spine construction
Wait wait wait, they ditched the old six panes to a segment layout for Creations Shop which is using four panes to a segment for it's exterior. And now the other end of the building is using nine panes to a segment? Am I seeing that right? Why isn't there a consistent layout for the whole exterior? Am I missing something?

tparris

Wait wait wait, they ditched the old six panes to a segment layout for Creations Shop which is using four panes to a segment for it's exterior. And now the other end of the building is using nine panes to a segment? Am I seeing that right? Why isn't there a consistent layout for the whole exterior? Am I missing something?
Lol I wouldn’t even be surprised if when they took away the plaza’s symmetry with the removal of West, they figured they might as well make the remaining building asymmetric as well. In reality I have no clue why they would do that

DreamfinderGuy

Lol I wouldn’t even be surprised if when they took away the plaza’s symmetry with the removal of West, they figured they might as well make the remaining building asymmetric as well. In reality I have no clue why they would do that
It’s not like it’s a big deal, I’m just so confused as to why they would do it. If one is more cost effective than the other then why do multiple? Make it make sense lol

tanc

Going to miss the mouse gear. Probably the best store in all of Disney. Not even the world of Disney was as good, I guess this new shop will try to mimic it but I am kinda done with these bland looking redesigns. I know some people like the modern look but it doesn't really feel like a "touch of Disney" to me.

The Mouse gear had virtually everything I wanted to get in one place, and also had all the country stuff as well.

Last edited:

peter11435

Going to miss the mouse gear. Probably the best store in all of Disney. Not even the world of Disney was as good, I guess this new shop will try to mimic it but I am kinda done with these bland looking redesigns. I know some people like the modern look but it doesn't really feel like a "touch of Disney" to me.

The Mouse gear had virtually everything I wanted to get in one place, and also had all the country stuff as well.
Mouse gear didn’t really carry much from around World Showcase.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

Its an OCD trap.

G00fyDad

Its an OCD trap.
Its A Trap GIF

G00fyDad

The entire EPCOT Overhaul is an OCD trap. 🤣
I'm looking forward to seeing what they're doing with it. Especially if they're going to go back to using the original Epcot symbols all over the place. In my opinion Future World just turned into a mess and it needed to be fixed. Although I don't know how well I'm going to like having three different lands up there now.

TikibirdLand

I'm still calling it Future World and World Showcase, and probably will keep calling it that. World Celebration, World Discovery, and World Nature are just too cumbersome to say all the time.

That's my personal preference, at least.
Hey, my family still calls that other park, MGM. And I spell EPCoT correctly, even though I've since dropped "Center" from the title...

Cmdr_Crimson

I don't think I've seen a single person in favor of these redesigns. I've not met anyone who is a fan of the new World of Disney.
Yeah the whole back story to this seems a bit unnecessary....Incase anyone forgot there was one..

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't think I've seen a single person in favor of these redesigns. I've not met anyone who is a fan of the new World of Disney.

I've always thought that the name, design, and the messy messiness of the interior design of MouseGear was awful. After two attempts of browsing, I never went back in... there was absolutely nothing attractive about it, IMO, to draw me back in. So, I'm glad for a redesign.

So, now. You know a single person in favor of its redesign.

Yeah the whole back story to this seems a bit unnecessary....Incase anyone forgot there was one..
I also thought the previous "whimsical" WoD was a messy mess. I like its new redesign and I see and appreciate its backstory every time I go in. Kinda hard to miss all the artists' furniture and animated portraits.

macefamily

Probably means they will have meet and greets with the bear like at DS Coca Cola shop or just projection technology like they use everywhere now. Who doesn't want to wave their hands at a screen and move Coca Cola logos to bring the "brand to life"??
Yes, Coca Cola will tell you how you need to vote or they will close the store and move to Universal Studios.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom