Creations Shop opening this summer

Father Robinson

Oh my God, if only something would go wrong as soon as they complete that coat and they have to stop there with that color! I'd be totally satisfied!

Last edited:

Sir_Cliff

The love, passion, and timelessness that Ridley and WDI are injecting into this place is overwhelming, even if it's just a retail space. It makes all the difference in an environment that's been covered in gimmicks for years.
This is part of the reason all the negativity around this has me scratching my head. People are complaining that they are replacing something that looked like a 1990s mall Disney Store with something that looks more like a 2021 Apple Store, but isn't that a huge step up? Also, vowing to still call it MouseGear and mocking the name Creations seems odd. Isn't "Creations" far more EPCOT Center while "MouseGear" is kind of "more Disney, more relevant, more timeless, and more family"?

UNCgolf

This is part of the reason all the negativity around this has me scratching my head. People are complaining that they are replacing something that looked like a 1990s mall Disney Store with something that looks more like a 2021 Apple Store, but isn't that a huge step up? Also, vowing to still call it MouseGear and mocking the name Creations seems odd. Isn't "Creations" far more EPCOT Center while "MouseGear" is kind of "more Disney, more relevant, more timeless, and more family"?

I don't get why people want to keep calling it MouseGear either. I never liked that name. It's still a better name than Creations Shop, because Creations Shop is one of the dumbest names I've ever heard. Why are you adding Shop on the end? Do you think people won't know they can buy things there if it's not specifically called Shop?

lazyboy97o

I don't get why people want to keep calling it MouseGear either. I never liked that name. It's still a better name than Creations Shop, because Creations Shop is one of the dumbest names I've ever heard. Why are you adding Shop on the end? Do you think people won't know they can buy things there if it's not specifically called Shop?
Even odder since they’re doubling down on the Mickey aesthetic.

gustaftp

It seems... milquetoast to me. I personally like the idea of using gears, but I don't see a compelling reason to keep them either.

Gears = Motion = Progress
Gears = Thinking
Gears = Invention
Gears = Creative Process

To me, "creations" sounds so generic, like when Disneyland Hotel renamed the towers to "Magic", "Dreams", and "Wonder".

I'm not reminiscing about the interior design. I wouldn't mind a bit more creativity here... in the spirit of Centorium!

Last edited:

Sir_Cliff

I tend to agree about the "shop" on the end... but then I do also wonder whether it might actually be necessary to place it in the title for a lot of people to realise what they place is. As someone who designs curricula for university students, I can say that it is sometimes surprising how much things have to be spelt out!

Sir_Cliff

It seems... milquetoast to me. I personally like the idea of using gears.

Gears = Motion = Progress
Gears = Thinking
Gears = Invention
Gears = Creative Process

To me, "creations" sounds so generic, like when Disneyland Hotel renamed the towers to "Magic", "Dreams", and "Wonder".

I'm not reminiscing about the interior design. I wouldn't mind a bit more creativity here... in the spirit of Centorium!
I suspect you're overthinking the original name. It always seemed a lot more to me like Gear = technology, MouseGear = Mickey Mouse souvenirs.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I’ve said this before: Creations Shop. Because “Overpriced Crap” was too honest.

A generic, bland, industrial-looking rip-off of an Apple Store is not a step up from MouseGear, no matter how old it was. Not surprising, though, from the company that decided the old World of Disney gave too much focus to the shop itself and not enough to the merchandise. 🤦‍♂️

James Alucobond

A generic, bland, industrial-looking rip-off of an Apple Store is not a step up from MouseGear, no matter how old it was. Not surprising, though, from the company that decided the old World of Disney gave too much focus to the shop itself and not enough to the merchandise. 🤦‍♂️
Eh, I can understand waxing nostalgic about the Centorium, but there really wasn't anything special about MouseGear aside from the Dreamfinder vehicle bolted to the wall. Then again, I have a strong distaste for the weird obsession in 90's Imagineering with overlaying locations meant to be evocative of the future with tons of gears, raygun gothic details, and pseudo-steampunk machinery. Future World and Tomorrowland are supposed to be aspirational visions of the actual future, not a fantastical alterverse future that presents bygone technologies in more elaborate, fanciful fashion. While Creations Shop could stand to incorporate more whimsy, I think the aesthetic is definitely more on point.

Naplesgolfer

Eh, I can understand waxing nostalgic about the Centorium, but there really wasn't anything special about MouseGear aside from the Dreamfinder vehicle bolted to the wall. Then again, I have a strong distaste for the weird obsession in 90's Imagineering with overlaying locations meant to be evocative of the future with tons of gears, raygun gothic details, and pseudo-steampunk machinery. Future World and Tomorrowland are supposed to be aspirational visions of the actual future, not a fantastical alterverse future that presents bygone technologies in more elaborate, fanciful fashion. While Creations Shop could stand to incorporate more whimsy, I think the aesthetic is definitely more on point.
YEHHHHH! I like rayguns and steampunk:)
Buck Rogers Robot GIF

James Alucobond

I don't really hate the look on principle. I just didn't like it in the context of Future World and Tomorrowland. I suppose at least with Tomorrowland they rethemed and replaced the majority of the attractions to play nicely with the change, but MouseGear never really meshed thematically with Spaceship Earth or the pavilions beyond, in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom