creating a disney email address

vwayfan123

Original Poster
How do i create the offical disney email address? im currently a seasonal CM and still have access to the hub. Can it be done there?

csaribay

Disney email addresses are not available to cast members upon request- they're issued on an as-needed basis when your specific role responsibilities necessitates it.

Typically, for frontline hourly cast this includes front office, vacation planners and some trainers and coordinators (regardless of the line of business). Other operating areas with front facing cast members seldom receive Disney email addresses.

vwayfan123

Original Poster
Certain areas on the hub, like the discounts page asks me for my disney email address. Also the network on Facebook requires it, lol. I just wondered. I'm going back in August so I guess I'll ask the managers then..

vwayfan123

Original Poster
Because you obviously failed to comprehend what was posted the first time.

You can ask, and they will tell you no. There is no business reason to give you an email address, and you won't get one.

Have you ever been a cast member? probably not. so leave your useless comments and attitude elsewhere.

There are certain discounts on the hub that I'm entitled to, but some 3rd party sites want my disney email address. I thought This could be a place to ask my question, but apparently not.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Have you ever been a cast member? probably not. so leave your useless comments and attitude elsewhere.

Well, since you wanted to mention it, yes. I have been. More than likely for a longer period of time than most of the CM's who post on here.

There are certain discounts on the hub that I'm entitled to, but some 3rd party sites want my disney email address. I thought This could be a place to ask my question, but apparently not.

Entitlement... that's a personal reason for wanting the address, not a business related reason.

Tell me, how does Disney benefit from you having an email address? I'll tell you how much: not one bit. So when you ask your manager, providing they're doing their job right, you won't get an email. Now, if you really want to get pushy with them (like you are with me), the manager will likely roll their eyes and ignore you. But if they want to be a jerk, they could write you up on insubordination and you'd enjoy the point that comes with that.

Wanna play nice now?

phenom1307

Well, since you wanted to mention it, yes. I have been. More than likely for a longer period of time than most of the CM's who post on here.

Entitlement... that's a personal reason for wanting the address, not a business related reason.

Tell me, how does Disney benefit from you having an email address? I'll tell you how much: not one bit. So when you ask your manager, providing they're doing their job right, you won't get an email. Now, if you really want to get pushy with them (like you are with me), the manager will likely roll their eyes and ignore you. But if they want to be a jerk, they could write you up on insubordination and you'd enjoy the point that comes with that.

Wanna play nice now?

ha OWNED

kcw

Because you obviously failed to comprehend what was posted the first time.

You can ask, and they will tell you no. There is no business reason to give you an email address, and you won't get one.

hey now be nice!

So should I mess up your argument and tell you that I have one? Heck if I know how to check it, but I've got it. It was given to us on maybe Day 3 or 4 of training in a bunch of paperwork.

PS- I almost called you a few minutes ago, just to tick you off :animwink:

mkt

Premium Member
hey now be nice!

So should I mess up your argument and tell you that I have one? Heck if I know how to check it, but I've got it. It was given to us on maybe Day 3 or 4 of training in a bunch of paperwork.

There's a business reason you have one :)

mkt

Premium Member
Especially if they don't give you the password to check it!
Many moons ago, when the portal first started, they set me up with the wrong domain and I had a valid @espn.com email as well as a disney.com one. They both ended up in the same mailbox, but I still found it humorous.

While I don't disagree with the posts here - I don't have a co email address due to lack of need, while a friend who is an Urban Adventure facilitator does have one - I can see where the OP was asking about it. I have noticed that when you check out some of the discounts with outside vendors, such as Apple or Dell, they request your company email address. Well, if I don't have on, does that mean that I don't get a discount? I don't know who to tell the op to ask, since I never really looked into it....:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom