Crane going up today at the castle

Gorjus

Original Poster
According to the VersaTells (internal memos) a crane is going up today at the castle to begin placing the lights on the castle that will simulate Ice Crystals for Christmas. The crane should be up till the end of October.

Also, today there is going to be an enhanced Flag Retreat ceremony in Town Square at 5 PM. In addition to the usual folks, it will include the Voices of Liberty, some Navy folks, WDW Entertainment cast members, and more that I can't remember off the top of my head.

Gucci65

Cool news about the castle and I'm glad to hear there is a special 9/11 flag ceremony.:sohappy:

Thanks for the info.

Chux

According to the VersaTells (internal memos) a crane is going up today at the castle to begin placing the lights on the castle that will simulate Ice Crystals for Christmas. The crane should be up till the end of October.

Also, today there is going to be an enhanced Flag Retreat ceremony in Town Square at 5 PM. In addition to the usual folks, it will include the Voices of Liberty, some Navy folks, WDW Entertainment cast members, and more that I can't remember off the top of my head.

So, the crane will be up during Halloween :( Oh well, I've seen the castle by itself enough time, lets get some castle+crane pics.

bgraham34

This is one thing I hate about going in Sept. I can't ever get a good picture of the castle without the crane in it.

bhealthy

Whyyyyyy meee?(in best Nancy Kerrigan voice) I haven't been to WDW in yearsss and I was just there this past December with a group of family and friends and that blasted crane was there. Now a short trip with one of my sisters who's a halloween freak and there's that crane again. I would love to have a nice picture of the castle with no crane. Is that too much to ask for. The last time I made a trip was with ex-hubby in '96 and the castle looked like Willy Wonka threw up on it. I just can't cut a break. Oh well at least we'll be in WDW and that is better than any day at work. This just means I have to plan another trip for a different time of year and maybe I'll get lucky.

MrsPortiaB

Oh for the love of...

Are you kidding me?!?!? :brick: *runs around cursing like a drunken sailor*

@&#\?€# crane ?@&$?! :fork:

^take as a joke, wouldn't want people taking my posts too seriously on a Disney forum

Chape19714

Relax everyone, as in previous years, the crane should be lowered by afternoon time, so everyone can get thier photos. Yes, the morning hours will be effected, but at least you can see Wishes without it!

CrashNet

Relax everyone, as in previous years, the crane should be lowered by afternoon time, so everyone can get thier photos. Yes, the morning hours will be effected, but at least you can see Wishes without it!
Actually the crane has to be down because of wishes. Its a little to close to the fireworks on the roof. No worries...it won't be up during the majority of the day...just the morning hours.

Figment82

If it is anything like last year, then the crane will usually be down around noon-1pm. It's a little distracting when you walk down Main Street first thing in the morning, but it's really not that big of a deal. The worst part, at least for me, is that they have to close off that little quiet walkway between Belle's garden and the castle.

dismedic

Seems WDW is really going all out this year the Castle should look great with the improved lighting hope each visitor takes home something special this holiday season as WDW seems to be trying to make it special for all.

I can not wait to see the castle lite with the new lighting and decor. To me a small price to pay with the crane in appearance during the process. A small price to pay for such a big payoff in the end.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom