Crafts, hobbies and other fun stuff

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My daughter has this cool attic room. Everything upstairs is her space. One of the coolest things ever is this secret passage way from the bedroom to the dress up closet, but it's gross inside. Dingy linoleum, old hooks, and so much dirt and scuff marks on the walls. So I gave it an IKEA makeover today
View attachment 544255

And then I went back to IKEA because I felt like it needed more wall stickers. Finished look:
View attachment 544256

I'm not going to tell her I did this. No idea how long it will take her to find it 😂😂

what an awesome surprise! Can’t wait to hear about her reaction!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I love those hidden gems, especially when I was a kid. That’s super neat 😀

I grew up in a school bus so there wasn't a single spec of space we didn't know about 😂😂280 square feet for two adults, three kids, and two dogs😂😂 but when I was house shopping I absolutely fell in love with that secret tunnel

what an awesome surprise! Can’t wait to hear about her reaction!

She said WHAT THE HECK?!? and screamed with a lot of excitement😂😂

She hasn't stopped playing on there which is really cool because she normally doesn't. I'm definitely glad I did this project

20210401_153753.jpg

Timmay

I grew up in a school bus so there wasn't a single spec of space we didn't know about 😂😂280 square feet for two adults, three kids, and two dogs😂😂 but when I was house shopping I absolutely fell in love with that secret tunnel

She said WHAT THE HECK?!? and screamed with a lot of excitement😂😂

She hasn't stopped playing on there which is really cool because she normally doesn't. I'm definitely glad I did this project

View attachment 544556
Awesome!!!!

Songbird76

My daughter has this cool attic room. Everything upstairs is her space. One of the coolest things ever is this secret passage way from the bedroom to the dress up closet, but it's gross inside. Dingy linoleum, old hooks, and so much dirt and scuff marks on the walls. So I gave it an IKEA makeover today
View attachment 544255

And then I went back to IKEA because I felt like it needed more wall stickers. Finished look:
View attachment 544256

I'm not going to tell her I did this. No idea how long it will take her to find it 😂😂
Did she find it yet?

edit: Nevermind.

I love her reaction!! It really did turn out awesome! I'm glad she loves it.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
She does!! I'm finishing up my kitchen remodel today so I'll post pictures of that soon, and then I have a fairy wonderland planned for the back yard, too! It's not conventionally a craft, but I'm posting my home projects anyway😂😂

I'm also writing a book but that would make for some really really boring pictures😂😂

Timmay

So,.. new hobby... I'm sure there are much better things upon which I could spend my money and my time, but instead of those things, I bought this ridiculous tile doormat. Before I start harassing my friends and neighbors with it though, I thought it should introduce itself 😂😂

View attachment 545802
Isn’t that the point of a hobby...spending time and money on something that would be better served elsewhere?

Timmay

This is amazing! How did you get started with miniatures? Ive always been fascinated with them but haven't attempted much. Are the bricks made from clay?

Noticed your profile pic, you're an F1 fan? My son got me hooked on F1, but we are Renault fans :)
Lol, ready for a not-so-short story?

Ive been building model aircraft for a long time, so I had some basic understanding of painting, weathering, etc. I got into board games about 15 years ago and many of the games have miniatures. One day about a year and a half ago I got tired of seeing all these games I played with unpainted miniatures, so I did a little research and just started painting. Then I found the world of actual miniature gaming, and things just exploded from there. A lot of the games need terrain, so I started building that too. The bricks are actually just XPF foam...pink insulation foam you get at Home Depot. Just cut and textured. After you practice a bit, like with anything, it’s pretty easy.

And yes, definitely an F1 fan. There is a thread over in the sports section. Come join us.

NiarrNDisney

Sorry to see this thread go quiet.

I have been super busy these last few months so haven't been able to set time aside and work on any new projects. However now that my friend and I have decided to do a craft fair this month I needed to make a bunch of pieces to fill out our little shop since my plan is to take items out that have been sitting around for a bit and try to sell them at the fair. I still have a bunch more to make but luckily have another week before the fair so I will post again once some other items are finished.
In the meantime here are a few new pieces I have made:

Attachments

• Crystal 1.jpg
    Crystal 1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Crystal 2.jpg
    Crystal 2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Amethyst set.jpg
    Amethyst set.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Me 'Earties

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate
Sorry to see this thread go quiet.

I have been super busy these last few months so haven't been able to set time aside and work on any new projects. However now that my friend and I have decided to do a craft fair this month I needed to make a bunch of pieces to fill out our little shop since my plan is to take items out that have been sitting around for a bit and try to sell them at the fair. I still have a bunch more to make but luckily have another week before the fair so I will post again once some other items are finished.
In the meantime here are a few new pieces I have made:
Ask and you shall receive! Here are a few items made recently:

8F432414-1130-4B74-9D27-C36D09C727B8.jpeg4563F96F-9ADF-4F72-96EA-5ABBD3D805CF.jpegF2B13FE1-BDF0-47C5-878C-000F2F60AB7D.jpegF3167755-06C1-4278-81E8-DA791E5525A0.jpeg5B132025-1966-4773-BFF1-F4AE33114853.jpeg932EDD1E-E746-4964-A57B-DC998D2A325C.jpeg51C5448E-5674-4FC6-9482-6C93E8C8DE62.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom