Cracker Barell ALWAYS before Disney!

montyz81

To quote a famous line by Frances McDormand from Fargo... "I think I'm gonna barf"

That is what I think of when I think of the Cracker Barrel.

Mouse Man

It's always nice and great to try other places. The DWF and I do all the time. It's just when your on the road you kind of like to stop at a familiar place where you know what you are getting and know that it is good. Yes we do stop and eat at other places, some were good, some bad and others in between. CB is one of those places that offers comfort food and good old country cooking. Sure some people hate it others like it and other are so so with it. Just like some of the Resteraunts in WDW. i.e some love the San Angel Inn and others just hate it. Different strokes for different folks. It just what makes the owrld go round. Now if you really want some good Fish N Chips you could light the gulph on fire (Sad Situation).

montyz81

Well it's ok. Not everyone has good taste. This is what makes the world go 'round. :slurp:
Exactly.. why would anyone want to go to Cracker Barrel! Ugg. I agree with other posts... why go to a place as bad as cracker barell when you could go to one at home and eat like a king at places like Le Cellier.

musketeer

I found this thread to be incredible. Because I too have a cracker barrel thing before disney, but what the crazy part is, that it's a cracker barrel that isn't even in florida.

The night efore we go to Disney, we drive my dog to the kennel, from there, we then drive to my parents to drop off the cat, then on the way home, we pass by a cracker barrel (in brighton michigan for anyone in the area), and always eat there.

And I too think it has a disney-esque feel to it. The two things that do it for me is the old style checker board which reminds me of staying at fort wilderness when I was little, and also the attached store.

So anyway, yes, we have a cracker barrel thing (i stop short of calling it an addiction), but it's a cracker barrel that is 1000 miles away from Disney.

musketeer

Unless you're black or gay (and if you're both, good luck!).

I wonder if this is referencing a controversy from a long time ago where a cracker barrel was refusing to hire gay people. Sadly to say, it happened to the cracker barrel in my hometown. Not sure about the black reference though.

Horizons1

Exactly.. why would anyone want to go to Cracker Barrel! Ugg. I agree with other posts... why go to a place as bad as cracker barell when you could go to one at home and eat like a king at places like Le Cellier.

Ah, I see you celebrate Opposite Day. Me too. I totally agree Cracker Barrel is terrible. I do not like it. Happy Opposite Day everyone!

EpcotServo

Ah yes, a thread of people who love the cheap overpriced food of most WDW restaurants calling food off-site the same thing.

I don't like Cracker Barrel because I don't like Breakfast and all the pictures of old long-dead people staring at you is creepy. It is a southern roadside staple Though.

However as someone who makes fun of it all the time it seems it loses it's charm when other people do it so brashly...
:lol:

SMRT-1

Cracker Barrel is a fine place to eat and reasonable....it might be a few bucks more than a Waffle House or the like.. but, I would rather eat somewhere where the food is not only edible (unlike Waffle House) but also tasty and satisfying in a vibey western like atmosphere.

DizneyPryncess

I'm another one who has Crackle Barrel's near my house, so it's not as much of a novelty for me when I visit WDW. Before they built them here, I used to go to the one in Hilton Head on every trip as a kid, and it was a big deal to me. So I can totally see how this could be a tradition.

I have random places that remind me of Disney for absolutely no logical reason though. Sometimes I just feel special eating at certain restaurants, or going to certain places, and it'll give me the same magical feeling that Disney does. So I think I understand. :)

Walt Disney1955

Unless you're black or gay (and if you're both, good luck!).

You have never been to Cracker Barrel down there have you? I remember on my way out reading a sign posted at the entrance of the one right near Disney and it's something I have never read before in a restaurant. It said something along the lines of accepting all guests from all backgrounds etc. to come in for a meal. I just thought it was a nice gesture.

Never had a problem at Cracker Barrel before down there and I'm black. Okay fine I'm white, ;) but our waiter was a middle aged black man, who I thought epitomized the "southern hospitality" policy they have there.

You know, maybe that's what reminds the OP of Disney. Great customer service. Can't argue with that

We drive down every trip. I guess I do have a Cracker Barrel tradition too. We don't eat there (because I pack food) instead we use their bathroom. It's my favorite place to go when nature calls! :eek:

dandaman

We don't have Cracker Barrels or Waffle Houses up north, so when I'm at college in Florida, I eat at either one of them at least once a week. LOVE their food, though the atmosphere at the latter usually leaves something to be desired. :lol:

Wilt Dasney

I don't see how anybody can dump on Cracker Barrel food, and praise the stuff Disney serves. I mean, you can do one or the other, but doing both doesn't compute. :lol: :shrug:

Wilt Dasney

All the Waffle House love in this thread confuses me a lot more than the Cracker Barrel love. :lol:

I do go there occasionally, but typically only if it's after midnight and nothing else is open. It's a cheap last resort for me. :shrug:

magicmaya

Eh, I don't really like cracker barrel. I'm not really a breakfast food person. And It creeps me out! The pictures on the wall, everything is all brown...It's just the atmosphere doesn't wow me. It's nothing like Disney...it reminds me of the 1800's south to me...:brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom