Covid Vaccine Updates and General Discussion About Vaccines

Will you take a Covid vaccine once one is approved and deemed safe and effective by the FDA?

• Yes, stick me please

• No, I will wait

• No, I will never take one

Results are only viewable after voting.

Heppenheimer

Anyone recall when the Pfizer 12-15 study began? They are apparently about ready to report, and I want to say it was 6 months total. I understand hedging (even 200m doses in 100 days is not particularly ambitious—it’s maintaining the current status quo), but still don’t get claims that vaccine won’t be ready for kids until early 2022. Perhaps they are suggesting they’ll be available to all kids by then? Obviously, studies in infants and toddlers could be expected to take longer, but going through the scheduling in my head, I can’t see the current 5-11 group finishing any later than Halloween as long as there aren’t problems.

Edit: FDA approved enrollment of kids 12-15 in mid-October 2020. So, yes, 6 months.
I wouldn't expect the kids studies to meet their endpoints nearly as fast the adults. Unless they set far less ambitious targets, the lower incidence in kids is going to take much longer to generate the kind of robust data we saw with the adults. And if mass vaccination of adults drives the cases as low as we hope, it will take even longer.

striker1064

I got my second dose of Pfizer yesterday morning, I'm about 24 hours out and I'm feeling mostly ok. I'm achy all over, not bad, just noticeably, and my lymph nodes are swollen. They were swollen after dose 1 though, so I'm not surprised. I'm in my mid-30s, which is the age group that supposedly has more side effects, so if this is the worst of it, I'm golden.

pixie225

I remember at my first vaccine appointment, they asked me why I was there. However, they didn't really look at the documentation I had.
Interesting. They did NOT ask why we were there at our first appt. (and I came armed with dr. letters, printouts of mychart account, etc.) but when we went for 2nd dose they DID ask why we were there. Kind of made no sense, as we already had the first dose and presented our registration sheet (which said dose 2) and vaccination card which had the first dose noted. Did not ask for documentation, though.

correcaminos

I was assuming they won’t report data until a bit into April. Of course, that’s a guess.
Forgive me. High winds and storms last night kept me up. I misunderstood (being dyslexic comprehension is often first to go when tired)
I wouldn't expect the kids studies to meet their endpoints nearly as fast the adults. Unless they set far less ambitious targets, the lower incidence in kids is going to take much longer to generate the kind of robust data we saw with the adults. And if mass vaccination of adults drives the cases as low as we hope, it will take even longer.
Asking Tuesday they still think April/May for results. Not sure how it works specifically tbh with the teens as we had to decline the trial due to school conflicts.
I got my second dose of Pfizer yesterday morning, I'm about 24 hours out and I'm feeling mostly ok. I'm achy all over, not bad, just noticeably, and my lymph nodes are swollen. They were swollen after dose 1 though, so I'm not surprised. I'm in my mid-30s, which is the age group that supposedly has more side effects, so if this is the worst of it, I'm golden.
Hope it only gets better here for you though I'd say most feel the worst by 24 hours. Sounds not too terrible though. But I'm 40s and achy is norm for me anyway ;)

ToTBellHop

I don’t know what data they’ll want from kids (efficacy or just immune response) but the 12-15 was fully-enrolled in January and is finishing now, so it didn’t take too long. Do these trials only include data collected in the USA?

correcaminos

No idea though Israel is doing a psuedo trial of their own on teens who are super high risk. I tried to look and cannot find where they are testing.

ToTBellHop

No idea though Israel is doing a psuedo trial of their own on teens who are super high risk. I tried to look and cannot find where they are testing.
There are trials planned all over the world, I just don’t know what gets reported to the FDA. We have this strange situation where studies for a vaccine are complete elsewhere but the FDA waits for data from our study as though this isn’t a worldwide pandemic.

correcaminos

There are trials planned all over the world, I just don’t know what gets reported to the FDA. We have this strange situation where studies for a vaccine are complete elsewhere but the FDA waits for data from our study as though this isn’t a worldwide pandemic.
Sorry my point was I cannot even find where specifically these trials are and numbers etc, let alone what is reported to the FDA. Googling only works so well. Personally I'd love to see data from all but that seems hard to find to compare. What the FDA gets I have only seen after the fact. I agree global numbers matter.
Finally was able to get an appt for my 1st shot next week.. excited and nervous at the same time.
Woo hoo! Try not to be nervous though. Most do great.

ToTBellHop

All y'all know that kindergarten and colleges have regularly required proof of vaccinations, like, for example, for measles? Right?

I have no idea why there is any energy or excitement or dread for proof of COVID vaccinations. It is 100% expected.
There is no concern among the rational. But a significant proportion of people and numbers are irrational.

correcaminos

All y'all know that kindergarten and colleges have regularly required proof of vaccinations, like, for example, for measles? Right?

I have no idea why there is any energy or excitement or dread for proof of COVID vaccinations. It is 100% expected.
Our schools routinely ask as well. I had to get a copy of an updated booster to my school last year (6th grade). So we get hit grade school, middle and high school too. I don't think it can be mandated for this fall for kids (time line only) but I definitely see it for young adults going to college.

A friend of mine and I were texting about how we wish we could get our 13-15yo kids in. In both of our cases we think the kids could pass for 16 as both are bigger than us by quite a few. We're rather impatient I guess.

CLEtoWDW

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the states that are most aggressively getting people vaccinated are continuing to see declines in COVID cases and hospitalizations. I’m happy to be an Ohioan under 40 that already has my first dose complete. It pains me to see other states still only vaccinating those over 50 or 60. Get a move on!!!

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Related note for all the STUNNING folks that are getting/have gotten their vaccinations? Please, HANG ON to your COVID vaccination card like a DRIVERS LICENSE or PASSPORT! If done at a Pharmacy, and you also have prescription receipts with your data on them? PLEASE keep them. Don't publish them. DO back them up digitally?

Why: At least one state (HI), is seriously looking into that which MUST show up: VACCINE PASSPORTS. Early in the game, HI is already concerned that there is insufficient documentation that they can work with to establish real proof of vaccination.

Sooner or later, US businesses WILL start to demand proof of vaccination. Right now, your COVID vaccination card is all you have. Keep the original safe, make digital PDF or JPG copies, and carry these on your smart phone. Yes, they can be faked... but it's all we have right now, until business pressure forces the US to come up with a Nationally, or Internationally, recognized solution :(.

Lilofan

Related note for all the STUNNING folks that are getting/have gotten their vaccinations? Please, HANG ON to your COVID vaccination card like a DRIVERS LICENSE or PASSPORT! If done at a Pharmacy, and you also have prescription receipts with your data on them? PLEASE keep them. Don't publish them. DO back them up digitally?

Why: At least one state (HI), is seriously looking into that which MUST show up: VACCINE PASSPORTS. Early in the game, HI is already concerned that there is insufficient documentation that they can work with to establish real proof of vaccination.

Sooner or later, US businesses WILL start to demand proof of vaccination. Right now, your COVID vaccination card is all you have. Keep the original safe, make digital PDF or JPG copies, and carry these on your smart phone. Yes, they can be faked... but it's all we have right now, until business pressure forces the US to come up with a Nationally, or Internationally, recognized solution :(.
Anyone attending opening day at Yankee Stadium or Citi Field ( NY Mets ) both stadiums require proof of vaccination ( CDC card ) or negative covid test paperwork to be allowed to enter the stadium.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom