Covid Vaccine Updates and General Discussion About Vaccines

Will you take a Covid vaccine once one is approved and deemed safe and effective by the FDA?

• Yes, stick me please

• No, I will wait

• No, I will never take one

Results are only viewable after voting.

correcaminos

I still celebrated Christmas and Thanksgiving last year. We just didn‘t get together in person with extended family like normal.
Same here. My kid turned 13 too in the middle of it all. We celebrated. He did with his friends too - just via phone and internet for gaming.

JNJ update. 5 days after no side effects. I do keep hearing Bill Gates tell me to save the environment though. That’s weird. 😉
Very cool! I'll be curious to hear what my friends in the trial had to say if they got it or not. Quite a few had no side effects either.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
Not sure if this works or is for real, but this article says there’s a site designed to alert people when extra vaccine doses which will expire are available. You sign up and get on a wait list and when a pharmacy or other vaccine site has extra doses that will expire if not used they text a notice.

ToTBellHop

Alaska is a first. AK has announced that anyone who lies or works in AK that is over the age of 16 can get a covid vaccine. AK the forgotten state leads the way.
I know it’s a typo but I bet people will lie to get a shot!

Unfortunately, it being open to anyone there suggests a low rate of uptake.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Not sure if this works or is for real, but this article says there’s a site designed to alert people when extra vaccine doses which will expire are available. You sign up and get on a wait list and when a pharmacy or other vaccine site has extra doses that will expire if not used they text a notice.

I signed up! I won’t be eligible in Ohio for quite a while but if there’s a dose that may go to waste I will certainly take it!

WDW_Emily

Got my first dose of Pfizer last week. Arm soreness and fatigue that lasted maybe 24 hours if that. The shot was a quick pinch less painful than a flu shot. Getting dose two on the 24th and then Disney World on April 15th! Even though we will still be wearing masks, its nice to know we will be extra save in Disney.

Shouldigo12

I signed up! I won’t be eligible in Ohio for quite a while but if there’s a dose that may go to waste I will certainly take it!
Hello fellow Ohioan! There is also a Vaccine Hunter group on Facebook for Ohio too. Very helpful group there.
Small Group Reaction GIF by moodman

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
The administration is apparently buying another 100 million JnJ vaccines—not because we need them now, but in order to build up a national stockpile in the event that we all need boosters later this year or next year.

Smart. Being able to respond quickly at the earliest sign of resurgence is vital to avoid another long-term crisis.
I hope they ramp up the pediatric trials for JnJ now. The one and done shot with less allergic reactions and a proven technology used in kids all over the world today already should be very safe for kids. We could bang out the 11 and under crowd this summer with JnJ shots if they get the trials done.

ToTBellHop

I hope they ramp up the pediatric trials for JnJ now. The one and done shot with less allergic reactions and a proven technology used in kids all over the world today already should be very safe for kids. We could bang out the 11 and under crowd this summer with JnJ shots if they get the trials done.
Let’s hope. And we would STILL have enough doses for a further 170 million people with this deal (assuming everyone gets the first round, which they won’t). Novavax looks poised to come online in May with a further 100 million. All signs point toward being able to control this in a sustainable way.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

This is definitely a good idea as more smaller sites open up. A few wasted doses at a couple mega sites isn't a big deal, but as more smaller sites open up those wasted doses will really start to add up.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The administration is apparently buying another 100 million JnJ vaccines—not because we need them now, but in order to build up a national stockpile in the event that we all need boosters later this year or next year.

Smart. Being able to respond quickly at the earliest sign of resurgence is vital to avoid another long-term crisis.

Just looked up the shelf life of the JnJ...

"The vaccine is estimated to remain stable for two years at -4°F (-20°C), and a maximum of three months at routine refrigeration at temperatures of 36-46°F (2 to 8°C)."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom