Covid Vaccine Updates and General Discussion About Vaccines

Will you take a Covid vaccine once one is approved and deemed safe and effective by the FDA?

• Yes, stick me please

• No, I will wait

• No, I will never take one

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shouldigo12

By normal, I don't mean just lifting restrictions, I mean having the virus enough under control that lifting restrictions doesn't cause an increase in cases. Just look at the numbers. Things are getting better but the number of new daily cases in the US is still greater then or close to what it was for the first 9 months of the pandemic.
That's my metric, too. We need to remember the lesson we learned after the first lockdown: don't get cocky and rush to return to normal before the data supports doing that.

bdearl41

Unless they got there early and it wasn't crowded. Some people feel safe to be out. I will with my family in a month or two.

This is what I think will happen. People will want to let go of restrictions before the govt is. Then it's up to those enforcing. I see it here in some areas already.
Yea this is more my point. I’m not saying the restaurant or the people in it are right or wrong. Just pointing out how people are moving on from restrictions

bdearl41

By normal, I don't mean just lifting restrictions, I mean having the virus enough under control that lifting restrictions doesn't cause an increase in cases. Just look at the numbers. Things are getting better but the number of new daily cases in the US is still greater then or close to what it was for the first 9 months of the pandemic.
I just wonder if the move to normal doesn’t come from the people instead of the experts saying it’s ok now. Every day people lose more faith in the experts. They’ve been calling for the 4th wave for over a month now and cases keep going down due to vaccine and natural obtained immunity. Like In all markets. Demand will win the day in the end.

Heppenheimer

I just wonder if the move to normal doesn’t come from the people instead of the experts saying it’s ok now. Every day people lose more faith in the experts. They’ve been calling for the 4th wave for over a month now and cases keep going down due to vaccine and natural obtained immunity. Like In all markets. Demand will win the day in the end.
People don't seem to understand that the use of the conditional "could happen" does not mean "will definitely happen".

James J

In the Parks
No
Interesting story about a couple people in the UK with the Brazil variant one of which they have lost track of.

Thankfully the person in question was found after a few days, and had been self-isolating.

nickys

Premium Member

bdearl41

People don't seem to understand that the use of the conditional "could happen" does not mean "will definitely happen".
But people hear the worst. This site is a great example of that. It’s a tough line to walk to be sure but you have to focus on positive not negative if you want adherence.

Tom P.

I honestly think timing will help here—most people vaccinated in time for summer, when most events move outside anyway. Let’s hope there isn’t a variant resurgence by fall. It would be nearly impossible to convince people to cancel Thanksgiving and Christmas again.
Given the case numbers in November - January, I don't think people were convinced to cancel Thanksgiving and Christmas the first time.

CaptainAmerica

I honestly think timing will help here—most people vaccinated in time for summer, when most events move outside anyway. Let’s hope there isn’t a variant resurgence by fall. It would be nearly impossible to convince people to cancel Thanksgiving and Christmas again.
Imagine canceling Thanksgiving and Christmas the first time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom