Covid Vaccine Updates and General Discussion About Vaccines

Will you take a Covid vaccine once one is approved and deemed safe and effective by the FDA?

• Yes, stick me please

• No, I will wait

• No, I will never take one

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chi84

Premium Member
One of those huh? I don't recall my home state saying 2 weeks only. Plus we slowed the spread and then got worse. We screwed it up big time.
I think “15 days to slow the spread” was National. And it actually made sense at the time since the virus was going to disappear in April with the warmer weather.

correcaminos

I think “15 days to slow the spread” was National. And it actually made sense at the time since the virus was going to disappear in April with the warmer weather.
Was it? I never got the impression given the way shut downs were done. The spread did slow in the summer in many places too.... juet not enough. But April here is often still wintery. We figured when schools closed in March we were at best heading back in May. Even then not likely. I was given more of a minimum 2 months, not 15 days. But that could be my area more since we had to follow my state.

Chi84

Premium Member
Was it? I never got the impression given the way shut downs were done. The spread did slow in the summer in many places too.... juet not enough. But April here is often still wintery. We figured when schools closed in March we were at best heading back in May. Even then not likely. I was given more of a minimum 2 months, not 15 days. But that could be my area more since we had to follow my state.
Sorry, I was just sarcastically referring to a certain ex-president’s statement. We definitely heard the 15 days to slow the spread in my state.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Except they have to go through trials once the teen group is done. Plus he's making guesses. Once they start enrolling kids we'll have a better idea.

Trials began about 5-6 months before approval if my math is right.

Would trials for young kids work the same way, in that you have to wait for a certain number of symptomatic cases in the control group? If that's the case then it would theoretically take longer for that to happen, especially once a lot of adults have been vaccinated.

correcaminos

Would trials for young kids work the same way, in that you have to wait for a certain number of symptomatic cases in the control group? If that's the case then it would theoretically take longer for that to happen, especially once a lot of adults have been vaccinated.
From what I understand, yes. So it will take longer. They do the trials in steps to make sure safe for adults. Teens get same dosage and kids usually different. Again this is what I understand and can be wrong. Only a few thousand kids are in each trial though. IIRC Pfizer-BioNTech started in Sept or Oct. Hopefully we'll have teen data soon.
What exactly do you mean by this? Pfizer is working with the FDA right now to get that approved.
The suggested change is only for 2 week storage (it needs lower for longer trips). I read the conversation as we can just easily store at -15 to -25 C and be done with it once it's okay. That's what I meant by that. Sorry for confusion I was in a rush.

Tom P.

Here is some encouraging news. A large-scale study of those receiving Pfizer and Moderna vaccines has shown strong evidence that those vaccines not only prevent symptoms, but prevent infections as well. Although the study has yet to be peer-reviewed, it is definitely very promising.

Goofyernmost

Here is some encouraging news. A large-scale study of those receiving Pfizer and Moderna vaccines has shown strong evidence that those vaccines not only prevent symptoms, but prevent infections as well. Although the study has yet to be peer-reviewed, it is definitely very promising.

I've had both now, but they still aren't completely sure that you couldn't carry the virus to others, so the mask should stay in place for a while, but that should be a brief time if they get the majority vaccinated.

Goofyernmost

Well, it means we are giving up on herd immunity. So they need to stop talking about it, then.
Herd immunity is eventually a thing, but it didn't work for black plague, Mumps, measles, chicken pox and polio to name a few. Everybody, please stop listening to those that have no medical, scientific or any knowledge other then they know how to say Covid19. They do not know what they are talking about. You are the ones that will get sick and die. My opinion is that we should drive hard for 75 to 80% vaccinated and then let the remainder that steadfastly refuse to get the shots take their own chances. If they die out of their own foolishness then the remainder of the herd will have the herd immunity for real.

correcaminos

Herd immunity is eventually a thing, but it didn't work for black plague, Mumps, measles, chicken pox and polio to name a few. Everybody, please stop listening to those that have no medical, scientific or any knowledge other then they know how to say Covid19. They do not know what they are talking about. You are the ones that will get sick and die. My opinion is that we should drive hard for 75 to 80% vaccinated and then let the remainder that steadfastly refuse to get the shots take their own chances. If they die out of their own foolishness then the remainder of the herd will have the herd immunity for real.
My only concern with this is that there are people unable to take the vaccine and some who do who build no immunity due to treatments for health issues they have (autoimmune, anti rejection meds etc). I worry those 25% will kill them.

I was supposed to get my second shot of the moderna vaccine yesterday but the ice storm we got delayed shipment of the vaccine. I have a new appointment for Wednesday now.
Storms delayed my dad a few days too. His rescheduled appointment still had lousy weather but at least everything was on. Good luck Weds.

Goofyernmost

My only concern with this is that there are people unable to take the vaccine and some who do who build no immunity due to treatments for health issues they have (autoimmune, anti rejection meds etc). I worry those 25% will kill them.

Storms delayed my dad a few days too. His rescheduled appointment still had lousy weather but at least everything was on. Good luck Weds.
I agree, but if we even get to 75% it will be nothing short of a miracle. There are way to many either to thick headed or brainwashed by certain politicians that the whole thing is a hoax that we will never make that number. This is the first time in my life that I have seen so many people that are fighting the people that are trying to keep them alive. We don't know what the long haul of this vaccine will be, but we do know the outcome of not having it. Those that are unable to, through no fault of their own, can't get the vaccine is certainly a concern, but our glorious society has strongly stated that they don't care about others, only themselves, and that attitude is never going to change until they meet their maker. Sad, but a reality.

correcaminos

I agree, but if we even get to 75% it will be nothing short of a miracle. There are way to many either to thick headed or brainwashed by certain politicians that the whole thing is a hoax that we will never make that number. This is the first time in my life that I have seen so many people that are fighting the people that are trying to keep them alive. We don't know what the long haul of this vaccine will be, but we do know the outcome of not having it. Those that are unable to, through no fault of their own, can't get the vaccine is certainly a concern, but our glorious society has strongly stated that they don't care about others, only themselves, and that attitude is never going to change until they meet their maker. Sad, but a reality.
Sad but true. Not disagreeing with this at all. I feel for those who cannot take it or due to no fault of their own that they cannot build immunity once having it (there are studies testing for this now with certain patients). I wish people would be a little more selfless in their lives and realize how crazy conspiracy theories are. In my view if one chooses not to take the vaccine they should stay out of public but I usually get jumped on for that...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom