Covid Vaccine Updates and General Discussion About Vaccines

Will you take a Covid vaccine once one is approved and deemed safe and effective by the FDA?

• Yes, stick me please

• No, I will wait

• No, I will never take one

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I posted earlier in this thread in regards to conservatives and vaccine acceptance. My group of friends and my family are fairly conservative, but are pretty center right leaning. Not all are crazy Trump supporters, but all share the same values. I stated that everyone I know is getting the jab. I will be getting my second Moderna shot in about 12 hrs. I borrowed a dump truck from a friend on Friday to help another friend with some landscaping. The radio happened to be set to what I guess is the middle Tennessee conservative talk radio station. When I say set, it was the only thing that would come in. I am not a talk radio guy though I will admit to have listened to Rush on trips to Florida because the alternative was country. I made many trips in the truck and heard 2 different shows over six hours. Segment by segment I must say I agreed with much of what they were saying, but both shows were pushing that there is no reason to get vaccinated if you are healthy. One of the two was pushing the whole vitamin D thing. There was no weird conspiracy theory stuff. The message was if you are at risk get it and if not then there is no reason to get an untested shot. I am quite appalled. I looked the station up today and it is the highest rated talk radio in Tennessee. This is not rural. This is the number one station out of Nashville. If this is the case in multiple red states, I highly doubt we will get to the level we need for herd immunity.

ToTBellHop

I posted earlier in this thread in regards to conservatives and vaccine acceptance. My group of friends and my family are fairly conservative, but are pretty center right leaning. Not all are crazy Trump supporters, but all share the same values. I stated that everyone I know is getting the jab. I will be getting my second Moderna shot in about 12 hrs. I borrowed a dump truck from a friend on Friday to help another friend with some landscaping. The radio happened to be set to what I guess is the middle Tennessee conservative talk radio station. When I say set, it was the only thing that would come in. I am not a talk radio guy though I will admit to have listened to Rush on trips to Florida because the alternative was country. I made many trips in the truck and heard 2 different shows over six hours. Segment by segment I must say I agreed with much of what they were saying, but both shows were pushing that there is no reason to get vaccinated if you are healthy. One of the two was pushing the whole vitamin D thing. There was no weird conspiracy theory stuff. The message was if you are at risk get it and if not then there is no reason to get an untested shot. I am quite appalled. I looked the station up today and it is the highest rated talk radio in Tennessee. This is not rural. This is the number one station out of Nashville. If this is the case in multiple red states, I highly doubt we will get to the level we need for herd immunity.
We get to herd immunity through vaccine or natural illness, unfortunately. And you may end up with a system where highly-vaccinated blue states demand vaccine cards or negative Covid tests for out-of-state people to do anything.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Today's the day that all states, at the urging of the Biden administration, were supposed to open up vaccinations to everyone without restriction of age or 'class.'

And it has come to pass.

ToTBellHop

Today's the day that all states, at the urging of the Biden administration, were supposed to open up vaccinations to everyone without restriction of age or 'class.'

And it has come to pass.
Yep, and we will likely see JnJ return this weekend with some “warnings”. I’ll be curious to see if young people care. The same young college students who begrudgingly get the vaccine because their college is making them do so even though they think they’d barely suffer symptoms from COVID-19 are unlikely to be afraid of a blood clot and may prefer the 1-and-done.

And it would be ironic for a smoker to care.

ToTBellHop

Will be curious to see if this spreads to other blue states: here in CT, with our fantastic vaccination rate (61% of adults), the outdoor mask mandate ends 5/1. This would be so nice at WDW, which tends to follow more conservative Covid protocols. If CT is removing the outdoor mandate, others can’t be too far behind.

eliza61nyc

Oh I think we will, from what I've been reading in order to reach herd immunity we need anywhere between 70-90% of folks vaccinated. as of yesterday we were at 50%.
Next, and this is just anecdotal but I'm African american and when the vaccines were first announced there was tremendous resistance to it in my community. Now?? after getting the word out about how covid is effecting the brown and black communities, every body and their mama is scrambling to get one.
We had a 24 hr vaccination clinic at Temple University, line was literally around the entire 4 square block. people stood in line upwards of 10 hours.
I find many folks who at first were not going to get pricked have reluctantly changed their minds, now they may not like it and a few of my conservative coworkers complained about having to get one but they got it.

lastly I think we are all suffering from covid fatigue. many folks are simply resigned to the fact that if they want to get rid of these mask they'll have to bite the bullet and get protected.

ImperfectPixie

Got my first Pfizer dose today. Been about 3 hours and the arm is starting to hurt. I am in NJ and used one of the country mega-sites. Really efficient setup which made it quick and easy. There was a steady stream of people, but there was definitly capacity for more.
Hubby and I got our first Pfizer doses today, too. Only side effect so far is a very small sore spot deep in my muscle (no swelling so far). I'm also very tired, but that could be a food coma from the cheeseburger sub and coffee ice cream I just wolfed.

We lucked out and got appointments at a local drive-through place that was so efficient WE held THEM up while we filled out the paperwork. I was VERY impressed with not only how things were run in person, but also with the technology they're using for making appointments. While the Firefighter was explaining to us what to expect next, we got texts with invitations to set up our appointment at the same location for our 2nd dose shots.

ImperfectPixie

30 hours since my 2nd Moderna shot and I feel like 💩. Nothing terrible but body aches, chills and a low grade fever.
Yeah...my arm is a little more sore and I'm super tired still (so not a food coma).

Hubby's arm is much more sore than mine, and he's feeling somewhat disconnected and kind of out of it. (He feels a TINY bit warm to the touch...but nothing I'd even give the kids anything for.)

We're basically just waiting for the boys to fall asleep so we can go crash.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom