COVID-19 Testing Policy Update

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And for triple checking clarity, the DCL website has now been corrected too:

For sailings aboard the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Wish and Disney Wonder, beginning September 23, 2022 (and aboard the Disney Magic beginning November 7, 2022), fully vaccinated Guests will no longer be required to submit COVID-19 test results in order to sail.”

EOD K9

I ended up with COVID when we disembarked off the Fantasy two weeks ago. I had very mild symptoms because I was vaccinated. In my personal experience, while stressful to test, I think the company was trying to do the right thing based on the info available. I’m not a Disney apologist by any stretch, I’ll call them out when need be (I’m looking at you Individual Lightning Lane). This is a fair compromise for now.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Yeah, does this now mean no more uploading of the vax information?

DCL now says you only need to register for sailings through November 13, 2022.

Register with Safe Passage
For sailings through November 13, 2022, in order to sail, Guests ages 18 and older must individually create an account associated with their reservation(s) on the Inspire Diagnostics Safe Passage website and upload their proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results no later than midnight prior to their sail date. Results from tests proctored by Inspire Diagnostics will be automatically uploaded into Safe Passage on your behalf. Inspire Diagnostics is Disney Cruise Line’s third-party partner for COVID-19 testing and vaccination verification. A parent or legal guardian will need to use their own account to provide this information on behalf of minors. An account cannot be created sooner than 15 days prior to sailing. Guests may be denied boarding if Inspire Diagnostics has not received the required documentation and/or pre-arrival test results needed to sail. Check the Inspire Diagnostics Safe Passage website to ensure your account indicates everyone in your travel party is “Cleared to Arrive” or “Clear to Sail.”

Upload Proof of Vaccination
Vaccination documentation must reflect the following:
  • Full name, matching the name on your Disney Cruise Line reservation
  • Date of birth
  • Name of first vaccine and the date of your first dose
  • Name of second vaccine and the date of your second dose
If your information is listed in multiple documents, upload images of all. Please also bring hard copies of your documentation to the cruise terminal on debarkation day.

CHECK TO ENSURE YOUR PARTY IS CLEARED FOR TRAVEL
For sailings through November 13, 2022, Guests may be denied boarding if Inspire Diagnostics has not received the required documentation and/or pre-arrival test results needed to sail. Check the Inspire Diagnostics Safe Passage websiteto ensure your account indicates everyone in your travel party is “Cleared to Arrive” or “Clear to Sail.”"

ToTBellHop

For sailings through November 13, 2022, in order to sail, Guests ages 18 and older must individually create an account associated with their reservation(s) on the Inspire Diagnostics Safe Passage website and upload their proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results no later than midnight prior to their sail date. Results from tests proctored by Inspire Diagnostics will be automatically uploaded into Safe Passage on your behalf. Inspire Diagnostics is Disney Cruise Line’s third-party partner for COVID-19 testing and vaccination verification. A parent or legal guardian will need to use their own account to provide this information on behalf of minors. An account cannot be created sooner than 15 days prior to sailing. Guests may be denied boarding if Inspire Diagnostics has not received the required documentation and/or pre-arrival test results needed to sail. Check the Inspire Diagnostics Safe Passage website to ensure your account indicates everyone in your travel party is “Cleared to Arrive” or “Clear to Sail.”

• Date of birth
If your information is listed in multiple documents, upload images of all. Please also bring hard copies of your documentation to the cruise terminal on debarkation day.

For sailings through November 13, 2022, Guests may be denied boarding if Inspire Diagnostics has not received the required documentation and/or pre-arrival test results needed to sail. Check the Inspire Diagnostics Safe Passage websiteto ensure your account indicates everyone in your travel party is “Cleared to Arrive” or “Clear to Sail.”"
1667409161726.gif

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

• Date of birth

There it is then!

JohnD

• Date of birth

Haven't yet been on a Disney cruise. I now have more incentive to go on one.

harryk

DCL updated their COVID-19 testing information today for sailings beginning June 7. This is for US sailings - I didn't look at the policy for sailings out of other ports. I haven't received any e-mails about the change yet, but I would imagine that they'll be sending them out soon so they don't end up with a bunch of angry guests who only learned of the change when they arrived at the port.

Fully vaccinated Guests on sailings departing US and Canadian ports on or after June 7, 2022, must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken no more than 2 days before setting sail to be exempt from embarkation testing at the terminal. Pre-trip test results must be uploaded into the Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day. The test must be a rapid antigen test professionally observed by a medical professional or telehealth provider, a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT), a rapid PCR test or a lab-based PCR test. Completing pre-trip testing prior to embarkation day enhances the efficiency of boarding and confirms that you are negative for COVID-19 prior to traveling to the terminal. Guests can purchase COVID-19 tests through our third-party vendor, Inspire Diagnostics, or obtain a test from any independent testing supplier. Beginning June 7, 2022, fully vaccinated Guests who do not upload pre-trip test results to the Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day will be tested at the terminal before boarding and will be charged for the cost of the test. The cost of embarkation tests for fully vaccinated Guests will be $74.00 (USD) plus tax for the initial antigen test, and, if needed, $125.00 (USD) plus tax for a confirmatory PCR test, charged at the time of service. For Canada sailings, the cost of embarkation tests for fully vaccinated Guests will be $95.00 (CAD) plus GST for the initial antigen test, and, if needed, $160.00 (CAD) plus GST for a confirmatory PCR test, charged at the time of service. Embarkation testing for Guests 4 years of age and under who are not vaccine-eligible because of age will be paid for by Disney Cruise Line.
'bout time

Tony the Tigger

Well, I enjoyed my one cruise! Glad I didn’t put money down on the next one while on board. I’ll sit back and watch how things go for a minute first. Hopefully this is all moot in a couple of years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom