COVID-19 Testing Policy Update

Chip Chipperson

Original Poster
No updates from DCL yet, but Virgin Voyages has announced they will discontinue pre-embarkation COVID-19 testing on July 24 for all European sailings and July 27 for US sailings. They will also allow up to 10% of passengers to sail unvaccinated.

That seems silly to me.

1. Is it 10% of all passengers or 10% of the ship's full capacity? If it's the former, then how do they keep track of how many unvaxxed passengers are allowed and when is the deadline for determining who is or isn't vaccinated?

2. If you're going to allow unvaccinated people on board, then why end the negative test requirement? If you can be unvaxxed AND untested then they're pretty much telling their passengers that they should anticipate catching the virus on their ships.

ChuckElias

Speaking of being outside the US, is it possible to get passport stamps at Nassau and B.V.I?
It's not normal practice (I've never had my passport stamped in Nassau), but I don't know if you could request a stamp from a customs/immigration agent. But I don't know where you'd find one. . .

DCBaker

Premium Member
NEWS on testing -

"COVID-19 Testing for Guests Fully Vaccinated: For sailings aboard the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Wish and Disney Wonder through September 22, 2022, fully vaccinated Guests must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken one to 2 days before their sail date to be exempt from embarkation testing at the terminal. Completing pre-trip testing prior to embarkation day enhances the efficiency of boarding and confirms that you are negative for COVID-19 prior to traveling to the terminal. Pre-trip test results must be uploaded into the Inspire Diagnostics Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day.

For sailings aboard the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Wish and Disney Wonder beginning September 23, 2022 (and Disney Magic beginning November 7, 2022), fully vaccinated Guests will no longer be required to complete a second COVID-19 test at the terminal on embarkation day.

Antigen tests must be completed using a proctored in-person or telehealth service and come with digital results that can be uploaded to the Safe Passage website. A nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) or PCR test also is acceptable. Guests can purchase COVID-19 tests through the Inspire Diagnostics Safe Passage website, or obtain a test from any independent online testing supplier or pharmacy.

Fully vaccinated Guests who upload their pre-trip test results to the Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day will be exempt from embarkation testing. Fully vaccinated Guests who do not upload test results by midnight prior to embarkation day must be tested at the terminal on embarkation day before boarding the ship and will be charged for the cost of the test.

COVID-19 Testing For Guests Not Fully Vaccinated: For sailings aboard the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Wish and Disney Wonder through September 22, 2022, Guests who are not fully vaccinated must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken one to 3 days before the sail date. The test should be a Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT), a rapid PCR test or a lab-based PCR test. Rapid antigen tests are not accepted. This will be the first of 2 tests required for Guests not fully vaccinated; the second test will be conducted at the terminal on embarkation day.

Guests who are not fully vaccinated are also required to complete a second COVID-19 test at the terminal prior to boarding on embarkation day (paid for by Disney Cruise Line). Guests with positive COVID-19 test results are required to complete a second confirmatory test. Guests with confirmed positive test results—as well as those sharing the same stateroom and other close contacts—will be denied boarding.

For sailings aboard the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Wish and Disney Wonder beginning September 23, 2022 (and Disney Magic beginning November 7, 2022), Guests who are not fully vaccinated will no longer be required to complete a second COVID-19 test at the terminal on embarkation day."

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
NEWS on testing -

"COVID-19 Testing for Guests Fully Vaccinated: For sailings aboard the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Wish and Disney Wonder through September 22, 2022, fully vaccinated Guests must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken one to 2 days before their sail date to be exempt from embarkation testing at the terminal. Completing pre-trip testing prior to embarkation day enhances the efficiency of boarding and confirms that you are negative for COVID-19 prior to traveling to the terminal. Pre-trip test results must be uploaded into the Inspire Diagnostics Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day.

For sailings aboard the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Wish and Disney Wonder beginning September 23, 2022 (and Disney Magic beginning November 7, 2022), fully vaccinated Guests will no longer be required to complete a second COVID-19 test at the terminal on embarkation day.

Antigen tests must be completed using a proctored in-person or telehealth service and come with digital results that can be uploaded to the Safe Passage website. A nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) or PCR test also is acceptable. Guests can purchase COVID-19 tests through the Inspire Diagnostics Safe Passage website, or obtain a test from any independent online testing supplier or pharmacy.

Fully vaccinated Guests who upload their pre-trip test results to the Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day will be exempt from embarkation testing. Fully vaccinated Guests who do not upload test results by midnight prior to embarkation day must be tested at the terminal on embarkation day before boarding the ship and will be charged for the cost of the test.

COVID-19 Testing For Guests Not Fully Vaccinated: For sailings aboard the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Wish and Disney Wonder through September 22, 2022, Guests who are not fully vaccinated must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken one to 3 days before the sail date. The test should be a Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT), a rapid PCR test or a lab-based PCR test. Rapid antigen tests are not accepted. This will be the first of 2 tests required for Guests not fully vaccinated; the second test will be conducted at the terminal on embarkation day.

Guests who are not fully vaccinated are also required to complete a second COVID-19 test at the terminal prior to boarding on embarkation day (paid for by Disney Cruise Line). Guests with positive COVID-19 test results are required to complete a second confirmatory test. Guests with confirmed positive test results—as well as those sharing the same stateroom and other close contacts—will be denied boarding.

For sailings aboard the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Wish and Disney Wonder beginning September 23, 2022 (and Disney Magic beginning November 7, 2022), Guests who are not fully vaccinated will no longer be required to complete a second COVID-19 test at the terminal on embarkation day."

I just got an email and it said the above was wrong for my December cruise?? Above doesn't make sense to me anyways. Was a second test for fully vaccinated required?

1661783271420.png

1661783284254.png

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
I just got an email and it said the above was wrong for my December cruise?? Above doesn't make sense to me anyways. Was a second test for fully vaccinated required?

View attachment 663115

View attachment 663116

Not sure what's happening as there seems to be some miscommunication - here's the language just added to the embarkation day tab.

For sailings aboard the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Wish and Disney Wonder beginning September 23, 2022 (and Disney Magic beginning November 7, 2022), fully vaccinated Guests will no longer be required to submit COVID-19 test results in order to sail.

For sailings aboard the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Wish and Disney Wonder beginning September 23, 2022 (and Disney Magic beginning November 7, 2022), Guests not fully vaccinated will no longer be required to complete a second COVID-19 test at the terminal on embarkation day.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The follow up email begins with:

“Earlier today, an email containing incorrect information was sent to your attention. Please disregard that email. Below is the correct information for your sailing. We appreciate you sailing with us…”

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
For sailings aboard the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Wish and Disney Wonder beginning September 23, 2022 (and Disney Magic beginning November 7, 2022), fully vaccinated Guests will no longer be required to submit COVID-19 test results in order to sail.
Okay, this makes sense. But my cruise is in December on the Magic so I am wondering why the corrected email says this is still necessary. yeah, definitely some miscommunication.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
This is crazy. 3 emails now with the last 2 saying ignore the previous one.

Left hand needs to speak to right hand.
It is crazy. I could figure out what the final update was going to be....but spit it out already. Stop sending me wrong info.

ToTBellHop

They should have just stuck with the first email and updated the website later to avoid unnecessary confusion. Website wording is still wrong…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom