COVID-19 Testing Policy Update

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
You apparently can no longer have a Covid infection and recovery within 90 days of sailing and be exempt from the testing requirement now?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
You apparently can no longer have a Covid infection and recovery within 90 days of sailing and be exempt from the testing requirement now?
1661786934724.png

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yet the website - updated today - still says

For sailings aboard the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Wish and Disney Wonder beginning September 23, 2022 (and Disney Magic beginning November 7, 2022), Guests who are not fully vaccinated will no longer be required to complete a second COVID-19 test at the terminal on embarkation day.”

with no mention of no testing required.

It also says it twice on the same page, as if someone tried copy and paste but got it wrong.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Thank God it’s after my cruise.

View attachment 663145
Why? A requirement to have a negative test as many as 48 hours prior to sailing is an ineffective way of stopping the virus from getting on-board. If they were serious about it, Disney would require a negative result from a rapid test administered at the port (and on their dime). Someone could have been exposed 72-96 hours prior to sailing, test negative at 48 hours, and then have a full-blown Covid infection while on a ship, particularly cruises longer than 3 nights. Members of my family were required to go through this exact Covid theater on a different cruise line and still got infected while on-board.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Why? A requirement to have a negative test as many as 48 hours prior to sailing is an ineffective way of stopping the virus from getting on-board. If they were serious about it, Disney would require a negative result from a rapid test administered at the port (and on their dime). Someone could have been exposed 72-96 hours prior to sailing, test negative at 48 hours, and then have a full-blown Covid infection while on a ship, particularly cruises longer than 3 nights. Members of my family were required to go through this exact Covid theater on a different cruise line and still got infected while on-board.
To summarize...testing for omicron several days before a cruise isn't helpful. :)

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
What is funny is...if you test positive 3 days before the cruise, it likely means you have had the virus for a few days already, so when you get on the cruise (or if you were allowed to), you aren't likely to be contagious anymore.

So new rule...test negative, no sail! Test positive 3 days before, good to go!

ToTBellHop

What is funny is...if you test positive 3 days before the cruise, it likely means you have had the virus for a few days already, so when you get on the cruise (or if you were allowed to), you aren't likely to be contagious anymore.

So new rule...test negative, no sail! Test positive 3 days before, good to go!
The only safe way to cruise is to expose guests to omicron 14 days before sailing so we know they had it and survived.

Chip Chipperson

Original Poster
This communication has been as clear as mud. I only received 2 e-mails today. The first e-mail told me to disregard the earlier e-mail (which I never received) and the second e-mail contained the details about testing not being required for vaccinated guests & only 1 test required for unvaccinated children under 12. That led me to believe that the 2nd e-mail was supposed to arrive first since the first e-mail "clarified" the testing policy (or did it?) and that I should actually disregard the 2nd e-mail. But now the website seems to have an update that includes the details from the 2nd e-mail, so I'm not sure what to believe. I don't sail for a few more months, though, so I'm sure they'll land on a "100% super final for realsies this time" policy by then.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
This communication has been as clear as mud. I only received 2 e-mails today. The first e-mail told me to disregard the earlier e-mail (which I never received) and the second e-mail contained the details about testing not being required for vaccinated guests & only 1 test required for unvaccinated children under 12. That led me to believe that the 2nd e-mail was supposed to arrive first since the first e-mail "clarified" the testing policy (or did it?) and that I should actually disregard the 2nd e-mail. But now the website seems to have an update that includes the details from the 2nd e-mail, so I'm not sure what to believe. I don't sail for a few more months, though, so I'm sure they'll land on a "100% super final for realsies this time" policy by then.
At this moment, as a vaccinated person, you will not need to test (assuming this is a cruise out of the US after September 23rd.) My TA did confirm this is accurate information.

They really screwed up the communication on this. It is like they had multiple policy options written and then sent the wrong one...twice!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom