[COVID-19] DCL Sailings Canceled

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Disney Cruise Line Coronavirus (COVID-19) Travel Alert

February 24, 2021

Disney Cruise Line Extends Suspension of All Departures Through May 2021 and Disney Magic Sailings Through August 10

Our team at Disney Cruise Line remains focused on the health and well-being of our Guests and team members. We are carefully preparing for a return to service following the guidelines issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

As we continue to refine our protocols and await further technical guidance from the CDC, we are cancelling all sailings departing through May 2021.

Disney Magic European Season

Given the likelihood of international borders remaining closed for an extended period of time, we have also made the decision to cancel Disney Magic sailings through August 10, 2021.

Canada Departures

In light of the Canadian government’s announcement that they will not allow ships with more than 100 passengers to dock in any Canadian port until February 28, 2022, we are evaluating various options for the Disney Wonder’s scheduled season in Alaska. Once a decision is made, we will reach out to Guests booked on these sailings.

Additionally, as previously shared, based on the conditional sail order provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Disney Cruise Line must cancel sailings longer than 7 nights.

Guests booked on affected sailings, who have paid their reservation in full, will be offered the choice of a cruise credit to be used for a future sailing or a full refund. Guests, who have not paid their reservations in full, will automatically receive a refund of what they have paid so far. Affected Guests and travel agents will receive an email from Disney Cruise Line outlining details and next steps.

Guests who've booked their reservation through a travel agent should contact them directly with any questions. Those who have booked directly with Disney Cruise Line, and have questions after receiving their email, should call (866) 325-6685 or (407) 566-7797."

Disstevefan1

To me, cruising in these days of COVID is scary. Could it still happen that an “infected” ship is disallowed to dock at a given port, having to go to another port or just sit in the water in quarantine etc?

Will cruising ever go back to what it was like pre COVID? I hope so but I think not.

ToTBellHop

To me, cruising in these days of COVID is scary. Could it still happen that an “infected” ship is disallowed to dock at a given port, having to go to another port or just sit in the water in quarantine etc?

Will cruising ever go back to what it was like pre COVID? I hope so but I think not.
The flu pandemic occurred after the Titanic sank. If there were luxury cruises before and after that, the same will be the case with this.

Disstevefan1

The flu pandemic occurred after the Titanic sank. If there were luxury cruises before and after that, the same will be the case with this.
Good point. And let’s look on the bright side, in general all sanitary process and procedures will be heightened as a result protecting from COVID and should be less ship borne illnesses of all kinds as a result.

Ok I am back “on board” for cruising for now 😀, I will keep an eye on several trips once they are cruising again before I “dip my toe” in..... OK I will stop now 😀

NelleBelle

After reading this update, I actually have a le of a worry that cruising won't be "back to normal" for my DH's 50th bday in 3 years. He wants to have our entire family take a cruise somewhere (maybe the Med). I'm thinking there will likely be some form of something if Disney isn't even doing an Alaska cruise until 2022.

KCheatle

We are scheduled to cruise in July. Originally, it was the 9-day, then they canceled that and offered one 3-day followed by a 6-day, so we signed up for those. I'm remaining optimistic, but I am 90% sure they will be canceled. :(

Because I am a super Type-A planner, my anxiety level was a tad high :oops: with all of this uncertainty. I did not want to admit this cruise/disney trip was not happening, but the ostrich approach was not making me feel very good. I finally told my husband that I needed to come up with a concrete and equally desirable plan B so that, if and when they cancel, we are not left high and dry on the vacation-front and I did not feel too bummed. So, now I have my "Best Case Scenario": go to WDW for a few days followed by the 2 cruises, and also my back up plan if the cruises are canceled. Now, no matter what, I like my options, and my anxiety level has deceased tremendously. ;)

MotherofaPrincessLover

We are scheduled to cruise in July. Originally, it was the 9-day, then they canceled that and offered one 3-day followed by a 6-day, so we signed up for those. I'm remaining optimistic, but I am 90% sure they will be canceled. :(

Because I am a super Type-A planner, my anxiety level was a tad high :oops: with all of this uncertainty. I did not want to admit this cruise/disney trip was not happening, but the ostrich approach was not making me feel very good. I finally told my husband that I needed to come up with a concrete and equally desirable plan B so that, if and when they cancel, we are not left high and dry on the vacation-front and I did not feel too bummed. So, now I have my "Best Case Scenario": go to WDW for a few days followed by the 2 cruises, and also my back up plan if the cruises are canceled. Now, no matter what, I like my options, and my anxiety level has deceased tremendously. ;)
I did the same thing for last December. I was still hoping to cruise but then devised a backup plan. Obviously that backup plan had to be used.

ToTBellHop

Chapek said the quiet point out loud—no summer 2021 cruises. Hoping for “limited operations” in Fall 2021 depending on COVID-19.

DCBaker

Premium Member

Disney Cruise Line Important Travel Information​

March 26, 2021

All US Departures Through May 2021 Are Suspended

We are carefully preparing for a return to service in US waters considering guidance from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). As we continue to refine our protocols and await further technical guidance from the CDC, all departures through May 2021 have been suspended.

Disney Magic European Season

We have canceled Disney Magic sailings departing from Barcelona, Civitavecchia and Dover through August 10, 2021 as previously shared. The Disney Magic will set sail in the United Kingdom for a limited time this summer on short voyages limited to UK residents, pending the issuance of UK Government guidelines and authorizations. Learn More

Canada Departures

In light of the Canadian government’s announcement that they will not allow ships with more than 100 passengers to dock in any Canadian port until February 28, 2022, we continue to evaluate various options for the Disney Wonder’s scheduled season in Alaska. Once a decision is made, we will reach out to Guests booked on these sailings.

Additionally, as previously shared, based on the conditional sail order provided by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Disney Cruise Line has canceled sailings longer than 7 nights.

Guests booked on affected sailings, who have paid their reservation in full, will be offered the choice of a cruise credit to be used for a future sailing or a full refund. Guests, who have not paid their reservations in full, will automatically receive a refund of what they have paid so far. Affected Guests and travel agents will receive an email from Disney Cruise Line outlining details and next steps.

Guests who've booked their reservation through a travel agent should contact them directly with any questions. Those who have booked directly with Disney Cruise Line, and have questions after receiving their email, should call (866) 325-6685 or (407) 566-7797.

EOD K9

With the CDC now saying fully vaccinated people may safely travel provided they still wear a mask, does that bode well for new guidelines with the cruise industry? It’s possible we can see a mandate of vaccinated adults and 16 and under dont need to be as there hasn’t been much testing on that age group.

MaryJaneP

If proven safe, which the Pfizer vaccine apparently has been, even though their request to modify the ages of safe use in the EUA have not yet been done, can we at least ask for those age ranges (12 and up) to be vaccinated before sailing?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Governor just signed an Executive Order barring the use of “Vaccine Passports” in Florida. The CDC says you can travel domestically and Internationally if you’re fully vaccinated. These two things conflict.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"As part of the next phase of the Framework for Conditional Sailing, today's guidance requires cruise lines to establish agreements at ports where they intend to operate. This requires that cruise lines demonstrate they have the necessary infrastructure in place to manage an outbreak onboard; have healthcare capacity and housing for quarantining known and suspected cases of COVID-19.

Lines must also commit to the routine testing of crew and develop plans to incorporate vaccination strategies for crew and port workers to reduce the risk of infection and spread of COVID-19 throughout the vessel.

The CDC's technical instructions also direct that cruise operators are required to shift from weekly to daily reporting of COVID-19 cases and illness onboard vessels.

A ship with "red" status no longer needs to wait 28 days to be certified "green" and allowed to sail again. This timeline has decreased from 28 down to 14 days.

The CDC also issued guidance on the implementation of testing all crew based on the ship's color status, along with the need for cruise lines to establish a plan and timeline for vaccination of all crew and port personnel.

Many cruise operators have already committed to requiring passengers and crew to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and that number increases exponentially as operators flesh out their plans for restart outside the United States.

Still No Test Cruises

While today's guidance from the CDC was a positive step forward for the industry, missing from it were detailed, actionable plans for the long-awaited test cruises that are seen as the key benchmark for the restart of cruse operations.

No timeline for this next phase of guidance was listed in a news release provided to Cruise Critic.

"The next phase of the CSO will include simulated (trial) voyages that will allow crew and port personnel to practice new COVID-19 operational procedures with volunteers before sailing with passengers," the CDC's media release stated.?

"CDC is committed to working with the cruise industry and seaport partners to resume cruising when it is safe to do so, following the phased approach outlined in the CSO."

jme

Just got this email but still no press release at this time.
Our team at Disney Cruise Line remains focused on the health and well-being of our Guests and team members. We are carefully reviewing the recently released guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and working toward resuming operations. As we continue to refine our protocols for our eventual return to service, we are cancelling all Disney Fantasy sailings departing through June 2021.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom