[COVID-19] DCL Sailings Canceled

ChuckElias

3100 that is ridiculous. I can tour Europe for that
1583771830306.png

TP2000

The problem we are faced with is that DCL hasn't had any issues.......yet. We sail in just over a month. A lot can happen in that short time. At this point, I'd rather DCL make the cancellation. It really is a tough call.

There's some folks in Burbank really earning their executive salaries over this, I'm sure. I can only imagine the stress they are under, especially when blunt statements from the US State Department tell Americans to avoid cruises.

EOD K9

There's some folks in Burbank really earning their executive salaries over this, I'm sure. I can only imagine the stress they are under, especially when blunt the from the US State Department tell Americans to avoid cruises.
Fortunately, they will be making cancellations easier for guests. DCL is taking temps of all who board and are restricting who can board based on their recent travel. We will monitor and reassess as the time gets closer. Again, I would rather them just make the decision.

RememberWhen

Fortunately, they will be making cancellations easier for guests. DCL is taking temps of all who board and are restricting who can board based on their recent travel. We will monitor and reassess as the time gets closer. Again, I would rather them just make the decision.
Agreed. DCL does seem to be on top of this the best they can be. We’ve got a cruise, but not until July. One of our travel party is nervous, but it’s so far out there’s no way to do anything other than wait. The rest of us will be on that ship unless it’s not sailing.

EOD K9

Agreed. DCL does seem to be on top of this the best they can be. We’ve got a cruise, but not until July. One of our travel party is nervous, but it’s so far out there’s no way to do anything other than wait. The rest of us will be on that ship unless it’s not sailing.
I have a July cruise as well. I'd hate to miss out on two of them.

RememberWhen

I have a July cruise as well. I'd hate to miss out on two of them.
Here’s hoping the cruise lines are able to handle this. DCL is better than most at cleanliness, so I’m just assuming (for now-I acknowledge things can change) that everything will be okay. I hope your sooner cruise is able to launch without problems. Good luck!

NelleBelle

I know I would be a difficult call to make. DH an myself are chaperoning my DS history trip to DC on April and we learned the trip will happen regardless due to a large chunk of $$ being no refundable! I feel like we are now “stuck”!
I’m glad that DCL is at least allowing non penalized rebookings for the time being. I was merely curious if prices were dropping on their cruises as a result of the state dept warning (and having “preconditions”, I’d be way too nervous that something would happen to me and covid 19 isn’t covered under travel insurance)😕 And I’d worry that the ports of call would not allow the ship to enter port.

question: does anyone cruising soon worry about fellow passengers not “reporting” symptoms of fever, etc once on board? Or is DCL going to take temps before you can enter the dining rooms, etc??

Phonedave

question: does anyone cruising soon worry about fellow passengers not “reporting” symptoms of fever, etc once on board? Or is DCL going to take temps before you can enter the dining rooms, etc??

Worry about it - no. Wonder about it - yes. Cruise lines have always asked this. Have you had a fever, have you had stomach illness, etc. My thought is who is going to say "yes". The cruise lines tell you this well in advance, so if you are the type of person who would not cruise because they had recently been ill, then they are not going to show up at port. If they are at the port, then they are planning on getting on board, and are likely to lie to do so. How many people say "OMG, you mean if I was recently sick, I should not get on a ship full of other people in close proximity! I had no idea. Of course let me cancel my cruise."

We have a cruise booked for the end of July (on Celebrity, not DCL) and right now we are taking a wait and see attitude. Celebrity is allowing anybody with a cruise departing up to July 31 to cancel with 48 hours notice. You can apply your money to a new cruise or get a refund. We are leaving from Bayonne NJ, so we just drive over to the cruise port, so we have no worries about airfare, hotels and other such things.

We are booked in Hilton Head DVC for the end of June, that we are leery about. (For the record, we are not alarmists, my wife just happens to be immune compromised and has asthma - so we got that going for us)

EOD K9

Worry about it - no. Wonder about it - yes. Cruise lines have always asked this. Have you had a fever, have you had stomach illness, etc. My thought is who is going to say "yes". The cruise lines tell you this well in advance, so if you are the type of person who would not cruise because they had recently been ill, then they are not going to show up at port. If they are at the port, then they are planning on getting on board, and are likely to lie to do so. How many people say "OMG, you mean if I was recently sick, I should not get on a ship full of other people in close proximity! I had no idea. Of course let me cancel my cruise."
Luckily, they are taking temps prior to boarding. Also, passports can be easily checked to see if they have traveled to the excluded countries. For now, all we can do is wait and keep washing.

Lilofan

We have a cruise booked for the end of July (on Celebrity, not DCL) and right now we are taking a wait and see attitude. Celebrity is allowing anybody with a cruise departing up to July 31 to cancel with 48 hours notice. You can apply your money to a new cruise or get a refund. We are leaving from Bayonne NJ, so we just drive over to the cruise port, so we have no worries about airfare, hotels and other such things.

We are booked in Hilton Head DVC for the end of June, that we are leery about. (For the record, we are not alarmists, my wife just happens to be immune compromised and has asthma - so we got that going for us)
Carnival and Royal Caribbean are taking temperatures of passengers prior to boarding.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom