Couple of questions...

Bam Bam

Original Poster
What number do I call to find out what movies will be playing on my cruise? Also, is there a way to know what night formal night will be on? Thanks!

EOD K9

Hello and welcome to Movie Fone!!! To see a Disney movie, press one now. If you want to see a different Disney Movie, press two.

Bam Bam

Original Poster
[quote="Disneyfalcon, post: 5693220, merestFormal night is your first full day at sea.
The movie number is 1-888-325-2500. :)[/quote]
Thank you! Is there a way to see where you might be eating that night? My family isn't very big on formal but I do not want to miss out on animation night!!

Disneyfalcon

[quote="Disneyfalcon, post: 5693220, merestFormal night is your first full day at sea.
The movie number is 1-888-325-2500. :)
Thank you! Is there a way to see where you might be eating that night? My family isn't very big on formal but I do not want to miss out on animation night!![/quote]

You won't get your rotation until you get to the port. But once you see it, if you're in Animators on formal night, go try to change your rotation. :)

ChuckElias

You won't get your rotation until you get to the port. But once you see it, if you're in Animators on formal night, go try to change your rotation. :)
You can change your rotation by going to the D-Lounge (on the new ships) or Rockin' Bar D/Wavebands (on the classic ships). There will be staff there to try to accommodate your request for a different dining rotation. (They can also make Palo/Remy reservations, or try to place you at a table with your favorite server from a previous cruise).

This used to be available as soon as boarding started. But the last time I sailed, I believe they didn't have anyone in D-Lounge until about 1 p.m. Just ask a crew member as soon as you board and they'll tell you exactly where and when you can request your changes.

Bolna

You can change your rotation by going to the D-Lounge (on the new ships) or Rockin' Bar D/Wavebands (on the classic ships). There will be staff there to try to accommodate your request for a different dining rotation. (They can also make Palo/Remy reservations, or try to place you at a table with your favorite server from a previous cruise).

This used to be available as soon as boarding started. But the last time I sailed, I believe they didn't have anyone in D-Lounge until about 1 p.m. Just ask a crew member as soon as you board and they'll tell you exactly where and when you can request your changes.

When we were on the Wonder the room to go to was Studio Sea. So the place might vary as well. I would recommend to check the navigator, it had the location on the first page I think.

ChuckElias

When we were on the Wonder the room to go to was Studio Sea. So the place might vary as well. I would recommend to check the navigator, it had the location on the first page I think.
Interesting!! It always used to be in Studio Sea. But the last 2 or 3 times we were on the classic ships, we were on Beat Street/Route 66. So yes, I guess you should ask when you board!!

sweetpee_1993

Yeah, the dining changes location seems to be an ever-changing thing. When we were on the Fantasy at the end of May it was in Royal Court. Weird, I know.

Bolna

Yeah, the dining changes location seems to be an ever-changing thing. When we were on the Fantasy at the end of May it was in Royal Court. Weird, I know.

I think it might depend on whether they need certain areas for other functions or events or something like that. Or for example if a new act needs to rehearse their set up in one of the event spaces.

ChuckElias

The lesson, then, is to ask at the check-in desk in the terminal where you can make these changes. If that person doesn't know, ask a crew member as soon as your name is announced when you board.

RickEff

Thank you! Is there a way to see where you might be eating that night? My family isn't very big on formal but I do not want to miss out on animation night!!

Honestly - I don't find that Disney cares much about the formality of Formal night. I wouldn't wear Jeans and a T-shirt, but suits, ties, jackets - I see lots of people in there without them.

I'm also not big into formal wear on vacation (I have enough of that in real life@) so I typically wear a collared shirt and dress pants. My girlfriend wears a dress (not a gown) and nobody gives us a second look.

First time cruisers! Excellent! Downside - you've chosen Disney as your first Cruiseline. You'll not want to try anyone else after this one!

Bam Bam

Original Poster
Honestly - I don't find that Disney cares much about the formality of Formal night. I wouldn't wear Jeans and a T-shirt, but suits, ties, jackets - I see lots of people in there without them.

I'm also not big into formal wear on vacation (I have enough of that in real life@) so I typically wear a collared shirt and dress pants. My girlfriend wears a dress (not a gown) and nobody gives us a second look.

First time cruisers! Excellent! Downside - you've chosen Disney as your first Cruiseline. You'll not want to try anyone else after this one!
Lol! We have set the bar high! Do it right the first time is what my parents taught me!
I work in a bank all day so I have to dress up every single day. I really don't want to dress up on vacation! My husband is a electrician he isn't in to dressing up at all!Lol!

sweetpee_1993

When you get your room key make note of the random-ish letters on bottom. There will be 7 letters: R, A, E. R=Royal Court. A=Animator's Palate. E=Enchanted Garden. They are in order of your dining rotation. One, I think, will repeat back to back in there. Don't fret. The 2nd letter in the row will be your formal night restaurant. If it shows up as Animator's go to the dining change location noted on theNavigator and request it changed. I know its your first cruise so skipping main dining may be totally unheard of for ya. Tracey & I have a formal night date...with the Quiet Cove pool and some drinks! We'll grab a laid-back (still table service) dinner at Cabanas. :D

ChuckElias

What's wrong with having formal night in Animator's Palate?
Nothing. But I think the poster would rather skip formal night. But they don't want to skip Animator's because of the show. So they want to ensure that they can skip formal night without missing Crush in Animator's Palate. So they have to ensure that they don't have Animator's on the first sea day of their itinerary.

I think I said that correctly! :)

Bam Bam

Original Poster
ChuckElias said:
Nothing. But I think the poster would rather skip formal night. But they don't want to skip Animator's because of the show. So they want to ensure that they can skip formal night without missing Crush in Animator's Palate. So they have to ensure that they don't have Animator's on the first sea day of their itinerary.

I think I said that correctly! :)
Yes you did! That is exactly what I meant!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom