Country Bears staying put?

Bocabear

if.....
Now if Tall Tale Cafe becomes Tiana's Palace, CBJ would be the dividing line between Frontierland and New Orleans Riverfront... It certainly seems to make more sense to create a New Frontierland behind BTMRR and move the bears there. While CBJ has been moved before (Disneyland moved theirs to Critter Country) I don't think anyt of the parks has done a full reimagining of Frontierland... Hong Kong has Geyser Gulch...which is a little more what this new land could be...a few additional attractions, and some beautiful set design and it could be a real stunner...and something completely unique and fresh for Disney's Flagship park!

Smiley/OCD

if.....
Now if Tall Tale Cafe becomes Tiana's Palace, CBJ would be the dividing line between Frontierland and New Orleans Riverfront... It certainly seems to make more sense to create a New Frontierland behind BTMRR and move the bears there. While CBJ has been moved before (Disneyland moved theirs to Critter Country) I don't think anyt of the parks has done a full reimagining of Frontierland... Hong Kong has Geyser Gulch...which is a little more what this new land could be...a few additional attractions, and some beautiful set design and it could be a real stunner...and something completely unique and fresh for Disney's Flagship park!
My only concern is that we’re talking about 60’s & 70’s technology controlling CBJ…disassembling it just may open such a can of worms, that TWDC might just turn around and say, “It’s way too costly to restore it, let’s just let it go and move on.”
CBJ, CoP, Tiki Birds…could all be a potential Pandora’s box…let’s think long and hard before we open something we can’t close.

Bocabear

I would agree with that, but they do actually make better animatronics now...I would think they could even replace the entire cast with new technology...as it should be anyway. Better sound, better animatronics... If they actually don't value-engineer it, it could be the next big thing...but of course, it is all about the budgeting and desire to really move the Magic Kingdom park forward with quality, thoughtful expansion.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
if.....
They never moved CBJ. Disneyland's CBJ opened in place of the former Indian Village, which was renamed Bear Country. It became Critter Country when Splash Mountain opened next door.
My only concern is that we’re talking about 60’s & 70’s technology controlling CBJ…disassembling it just may open such a can of worms, that TWDC might just turn around and say, “It’s way too costly to restore it, let’s just let it go and move on.”
CBJ, CoP, Tiki Birds…could all be a potential Pandora’s box…let’s think long and hard before we open something we can’t close.
I don't see them moving anything. It's risky to do that. But they could certainly revamp the animatronics—they've done that before (sometimes for the worse, as shown with the Sun Bonnet trio's faces).

Smiley/OCD

I would agree with that, but they do actually make better animatronics now...I would think they could even replace the entire cast with new technology...as it should be anyway. Better sound, better animatronics... If they actually don't value-engineer it, it could be the next big thing...but of course, it is all about the budgeting and desire to really move the Magic Kingdom park forward with quality, thoughtful expansion.
That’s the thing…TWDC is NEVER going to replace the AA’s with new technology for an older show…the old AA’s ARE the mystique that makes CBJ such a beloved attraction. To update it the show like that would just kill the show…

Bocabear

That’s the thing…TWDC is NEVER going to replace the AA’s with new technology for an older show…the old AA’s ARE the mystique that makes CBJ such a beloved attraction. To update it the show like that would just kill the show…
I disagree... Newer AAs have a much better smoother range of motion...I think it would be surprising in a good way...but the characters would be intact...not replaced with screens or other things.
So it should not kill the nostalgia, but enhance it...

PizzaPlanet

If they want to change things up then just give the bears a new show and songs to sing. The core of the experience would be the same and they could market it as something new.

spectrodanny

The attraction could easily be moved to a new location (and updated) if necessary. It's a classic and Disney knows they get in trouble when they try to take those classic attractions away.

If they ever do a "Villains" land, I hope they bring back Snow White's Scary Adventures.
OOH, I LIKE your idea. Picture this: 2 theaters 1 playing Original show, 1 playing Vacation with BOTH playing the Christmas show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom