Country Bears staying put?

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
I am part of a social media group that shares a lot of theme park attractions. The other day the Country Bear Jamboree video was shared, just because. Obviously got a warm reception. A couple of people mentioned "I'll miss it" or another one said "I saw it before it closed". I am assuming the latter meant Disneyland, although it did say Disney World specifically in the video. That being said, I responded to them and mentioned that it is still open and I hadn't heard anything about it closing. There was an article talking about Frontierland getting a makeover and Country Bears being part of that makeover with Tiana's new ride coming in for Splash Mountain.

So, this seemed like a phony article. But either way, that isn't the case is it? I mean Country Bears fits in with Frontierland about as good as an attraction can. And anytime I hear the word "re-imagined" from the modern Disney company I just shudder. Splash Mountain is bad enough being gone.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Folks get confused when discussing the lands in Disneyland vs Magic Kingdom. Concepts that were designed with DL in mind make absolutely no sense when replicated to WDW due to how the lands are laid out, composed, and even exist or not between the two.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Folks get confused when discussing the lands in Disneyland vs Magic Kingdom. Concepts that were designed with DL in mind make absolutely no sense when replicated to WDW due to how the lands are laid out, composed, and even exist or not between the two.

There was this article talking about a New Orleans Square type of re-theme in Frontierland in Magic Kingdom. Doesn't make any sense though at MK. Doesn't fit. And Country Bears is so far away from Splash

esskay

It'll probably (hopefully) be on the chopping block if they do go ahead with a major update of that area - thats a football field sized if though.

I know people like it but it's pretty clear its a wast of space if something new can go there, it's practically dead 99% of the time. That being said getting rid of it for the sake of it and not using the space for something more popular isn't obviously what anyone wants.

ohioguy

The attraction could easily be moved to a new location (and updated) if necessary. It's a classic and Disney knows they get in trouble when they try to take those classic attractions away.

If they ever do a "Villains" land, I hope they bring back Snow White's Scary Adventures.

dmw

In the Parks
No
The attraction could easily be moved to a new location (and updated) if necessary. It's a classic and Disney knows they get in trouble when they try to take those classic attractions away.

If they ever do a "Villains" land, I hope they bring back Snow White's Scary Adventures.
I don't think a move would be easy. There are a lot of moving stages.

MerlinTheGoat

CBJ is one of those attractions that is viewed "problematic" by certain figures in power at Disney (not an opinion I share for the record). And so at some point in the future (when I do not know), perhaps it will be removed. That said, I was also told that there's currently no decisions being made to get rid of it right now. If there are any alterations being planned, I don't know about them either. They stepped into a massive hornets nest with the Splash Mountain situation, and there's a sense that messing with the Bears right now is going to add even more unnecessary fuel to the fire. Hopefully this concern holds out for as long as possible.

Bocabear

IF they were to move the entirety of Frontierland to an expansion beyond BTMRR, I would like to see CBJ moved to an all new theater... Refresh the show with a new script, a few new characters, and some in-theater effects, it could be a lot of fun...At the far end of Frontierland could be an abandoned mine entrance that would transition you into Villain's Lair which could complete the circle to the Haunted Mansion...

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
CBJ is one of those attractions that is viewed "problematic" by certain figures in power at Disney (not an opinion I share for the record). And so at some point in the future (when I do not know), perhaps it will be removed. That said, I was also told that there's currently no decisions being made to get rid of it right now. If there are any alterations being planned, I don't know about them either. They stepped into a massive hornets nest with the Splash Mountain situation, and there's a sense that messing with the Bears right now is going to add even more unnecessary fuel to the fire. Hopefully this concern holds out for as long as possible.
I heard the exact same thing.
IF they were to move the entirety of Frontierland to an expansion beyond BTMRR, I would like to see CBJ moved to an all new theater... Refresh the show with a new script, a few new characters, and some in-theater effects, it could be a lot of fun...At the far end of Frontierland could be an abandoned mine entrance that would transition you into Villain's Lair which could complete the circle to the Haunted Mansion...
I heard this is not likely to happen.

BBarker34

I feel that if Disney were to do anything with the Country Bears, they’d probably just give it an update, kind of similar to what the Jungle Cruise received awhile ago. Where they keep the attraction and characters but introduce a new, modern show with rebuilt animatronics, new songs, jokes, writing, etc. I’d be fine with that actually! OR maybe they’ll just retire the Original show and bring back Vacation and Christmas, if that’s possible at all. I guess the big question also is, WILL Disney do something like this? As a big CBJ fan, I hope so, but we’ll see. Only time will tell I guess.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
I feel that if Disney were to do anything with the Country Bears, they’d probably just give it an update, kind of similar to what the Jungle Cruise received awhile ago. Where they keep the attraction and characters but introduce a new, modern show with rebuilt animatronics, new songs, jokes, writing, etc. I’d be fine with that actually! OR maybe they’ll just retire the Original show and bring back Vacation and Christmas, if that’s possible at all. I guess the big question also is, WILL Disney do something like this? As a big CBJ fan, I hope so, but we’ll see. Only time will tell I guess.
Something like this? ;)
1682541935211.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom