Country Bears staying put?

Brer Panther

What would they even replace the Country Bears with if they wanted to? Disney doesn't have any popular "western" IPs...

Then again, knowing Iger's Disney they'd probably just shove whatever IP is popular at the moment in there regardless as to whether or not it fits in Frontierland.

MerlinTheGoat

What would they even replace the Country Bears with if they wanted to? Disney doesn't have any popular "western" IPs...

Then again, knowing Iger's Disney they'd probably just shove whatever IP is popular at the moment in there regardless as to whether or not it fits in Frontierland.
This is purely my own commentary and not information i've heard, and i'm against a replacement. But Woody's Roundup is something I often hear suggested by fans online. But at this point, there's no guarantee they'd even replace it with another show at all. They might shove another meet and greet in there. Or more restaurant/shop space. They could even close the building down entirely and leave it empty. Just look what happened to Wonders of Life and Stitch. Disney has demonstrated that they're fine with just closing something down and boarding it up.

Brer Panther

But at this point, there's no guarantee they'd even replace it with another show at all. They might shove another meet and greet in there. Or more restaurant/shop space. They could even close the building down entirely and leave it empty. Just look what happened to Wonders of Life and Stitch. Disney has demonstrated that they're fine with just closing something down and boarding it up.
Dear lord, you're right.

WorldExplorer

This is purely my own commentary and not information i've heard, and i'm against a replacement. But Woody's Roundup is something I often hear suggested by fans online. But at this point, there's no guarantee they'd even replace it with another show at all. They might shove another meet and greet in there. Or more restaurant/shop space. They could even close the building down entirely and leave it empty. Just look what happened to Wonders of Life and Stitch. Disney has demonstrated that they're fine with just closing something down and boarding it up.

1. Close Country Bear Jamboree
2. Literally do not touch the thing for ten years.
3. Purchase rights to Five Nights at Freddy's
4. Reopen rotted remains as FNAF attraction
5. Parents complain about horror attraction
6. Retool into funny show about bears singing country songs.
7. Call it Country Bear Jamboree

MagicHappens1971

I think they would reimagine the show with the bears before they went to redo it with a new IP. Theatre is too small for a big big crowd that a popular IP would bring in, amongst other reasons.

Phicinfan

I thought, and could be wrong here...
Apple Dumpling gang, Daniel Boone, Davey Crockett. are solid western theme type for frontier land. Older IPs yes, but still watched.

MagicHappens1971

I thought, and could be wrong here...
Apple Dumpling gang, Daniel Boone, Davey Crockett. are solid western theme type for frontier land. Older IPs yes, but still watched.
Davy Crockett is the only one I’ve heard of, of those 3, and I’ve never seen any. While I may not be speaking for the general public, Disney is not going to dig up irrelevant old IPs to reimagine an attraction.

dmw

In the Parks
No
Davy Crockett is the only one I’ve heard of, of those 3, and I’ve never seen any. While I may not be speaking for the general public, Disney is not going to dig up irrelevant old IPs to reimagine an attraction.
Wow! Daniel Boone was huge. Apple Dumpling gang is classic and funny.

Ayla

You're American and you've never heard of Daniel Boone?! Seriously??

MerlinTheGoat

Aside from Woody's Roundup, there aren't any "western" themed IP's that Disney would likely be willing to use anymore. Despite them having access to quite a lot. Whether it be because of a lack of popular IP or simply something they thing will be an embarrassment and/or problematic for them.

There was also their Lone Ranger adaptation from 2013, which flopped horribly. Even prior to the recent mess surrounding Armie Hammer, the movie was surrounded by controversy. Accusations of racism and such (particularly regarding Tonto).

What else do they have within the 21st century? Home on the Range starring Roseanne Barr? LMAO!

In the Parks
No
Aside from Woody's Roundup, there aren't any "western" themed IP's that Disney would likely be willing to use anymore. Despite them having access to quite a lot. Whether it be because of a lack of popular IP or simply something they thing will be an embarrassment and/or problematic for them.

There was also their Lone Ranger adaptation from 2013, which flopped horribly. Even prior to the recent mess surrounding Armie Hammer, the movie was surrounded by controversy. Accusations of racism and such (particularly regarding Tonto).
The only thing that makes sense from their perspective (and I don't want this), is a Princess and the Frog retheme, with Louis and other animals added in (like the otter playing the fiddle that they keep talking about). And this would only make sense with a New Orleans Square retheme of Frontierland. And as I've said, I heard this is not happening.

So my prediction is, by 2028 (five years from now), the Country Bear Jamboree will still be there, but the show will be quite different. Different songs, new dialogue, and a theater no fuller than it is today.

Any change to the attraction is wholly unnecessary, in my opinion. I just don't think more people are going to flock to this attraction if they make the changes they're talking about. I mean, it's animatronic bears singing songs. It's not a thrill ride like Splash Mountain, which will retain the thrilling drop for people who don't care about Tiana's employee-owned food company. I don't think most people care about what the bears are singing/saying. If they're going to see it, they will either enjoy it or think it's dumb. If they enjoyed it, they'll come back. If they didn't, they won't. But I'm guessing that Guest Relations gets very little complaints about how offensive the Country Bears are.

And when they shortened the show, did it actually make the attraction more popular? Not from what I can recall from my trips before and after the change.

dmw

In the Parks
No
They are working on a new Zorro series for Disney+. If well received, that could be used for Frontierland or perhaps as an adjunct in the Coco area
Except that Zorro is in the time period when SoCal was still part of Mexico, so how would that fit into the US West Frontier?

Smiley/OCD

Just what the MK needs…nothing like an empty building to be a people eater…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom