Rumor Country Bear Jamboree to be Replaced by Toy Story Show?

trainplane3

Nice article. Nice link in it to wdwthemeparks.com's Twitter rebuttal of some of TC's claimed breaking stories. Which, BTW: TC has removed from the gondolas from his list of rumors that he broke.

WRT Stitch:
  • Aug 15, 2016: A Wreck-it Ralph VR attraction will replace Stitch's Great Escape [got that from Jim Hill]
  • Sep 21, 2016: Stitch to go to seasonal, will close permanently soon
  • Sep 30, 2017: Stitch "is no more." Replaced by the M&G
  • Dec 13, 2017: Stitch will open seasonally until Jan 6, 2018, at which time, it will never reopen. [No mention of having already said that Stitch's Great Escape "is no more."]
  • Jan 9, 2018: Disney is saying SGE will continue to be seasonal despite having seen internal documents showing it is closing permanently [Spectrum News13 got a spokesperson to say SGE was still seasonal] and CMs telling people it is closing permanently
  • Aug 13, 2018: Wreck-it Ralph will still replace SGE and probably not VR-based
  • Oct 2, 2018: We have reports of SGE being dismantled and so, when a Disney rep told that news station that SGE was still seasonal, they lied. Still going to be WiR.
  • May 17, 2019: SGE space is sill going to be WiR and everyone will have a game controller for this attraction. Oh, and I was right about SGE being gone! [Despite *not* being right in their Sep 30, 2017 report.]

Not related directly to CBJ but it relates to the topic of being first:

Enjoy the comment on the tweet.

ImperfectPixie

Nope...because you paid attention to it and clicked on it.

I don’t even know who this clown is or where to find him?

Is this the D-bag that hangs out in club 33 all day?
He actually seems like a reputable and genuinely nice guy - he's responded openly to questions about his credibility and sources in the thread about Buzzy being stolen. He's got real employment history in journalism, too, so it's not like he's just some Joe Schmoe. He was able to get confirmation from OCSO that the animatronic is indeed stolen and there is an investigation pending, and posted their response to him. Just the fact that he's so professional - even when his own credibility is questioned - is a breath of fresh air and earned some respect from me.

AVAC Juice

Great news for Grizzly Hall. I've heard the idea pushed around of the possibility of a return back to ticket book system but electronic.

Disney would probably call the system ETicket.

A hefty flat admission price to enter and pay to play from there on.

Essentially if you really love the CBJ put your money where your mouth is type of system. If an attraction isn't able to make rent it essentially gets evicted.

Don't kill the messenger.

I've had to modify this 3 x's now for morons coming at me thinking that this was my idea/ proposal.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
He actually seems like a reputable and genuinely nice guy - he's responded openly to questions about his credibility and sources in the thread about Buzzy being stolen. He's got real employment history in journalism, too, so it's not like he's just some Joe Schmoe. He was able to get confirmation from OCSO that the animatronic is indeed stolen and there is an investigation pending, and posted their response to him. Just the fact that he's so professional - even when his own credibility is questioned - is a breath of fresh air and earned some respect from me.
You’re right...I got confused with the micechat guy

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Great news for Grizzly Hall. I've heard the idea pushed around of the possibility of a return back to ticket book system but electronic.

Essentially if you really love the CBJ put your money where your mouth is type of system. If an attraction isn't able to make rent it essentially gets evicted.

It's an interesting idea.
Pass.

AVAC Juice

Muppet*Vision 3D.
I'm thinking StitchGE Alien Encounter Character Greet.

They can claim that it isn't going anywhere. I believe that to be true. What is SGEAECG?

More people are aware of the current status of Diamond Horseshoe than SGE as an attraction/show currently in operation.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I saw someone mention on Twitter that Disney once singled out Micechat rumors in a kind of a similar way to what's happened this week. What's the story there? Sounds like it was well before my time as a Disney fan hardcore enough to be on forums like these.
I honestly have never looked at that site or ...not once. Also have never listened to a single podcast or attention pimping vlog. Though I know for a fact I’ve been in frame when they’ve been shot several times over the years.

As I understand it...micechat is a Disneyland AP guy who - credit - started a Disney fan site early in interdom.

But as I also understand it - turned into an entitled brat and uses the money he made to walk around the parks looking to be recognized and pampered.

He’s like the president with slightly more business success.

Edit: WOAH...so we are blocked from typing an acronym. Is Doc a mod now? 😎

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I saw someone mention on Twitter that Disney once singled out Micechat rumors in a kind of a similar way to what's happened this week. What's the story there? Sounds like it was well before my time as a Disney fan hardcore enough to be on forums like these.
Disney said Al Lutz (MiceAge) was lying about “it’s a small world” and even got Marty Sklar to write a public letter saying the same.

Clover Bailey

I'm thinking StitchGE Alien Encounter Character Greet.

They can claim that it isn't going anywhere. I believe that to be true. What is SGEAECG?

More people are aware of the current status of Diamond Horseshoe than SGE as an attraction/show currently in operation.

But I don't think people would get so mad about the Stitch meet and greet closing that Disney would make a blog to show that it's staying. Muppet*Vision 3D is a show that lots of people are worried could close soon.

If WDWN T had a page with a rumor that Muppet*Vision 3D is getting replaced by Captain Marvel's MCU Blast, it would probably get the same reaction as the Country Bear Jamboree rumor and Disney would do a blog on it too.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

Don't kill the messenger.

I've had to modify this 3 x's now for morons coming at me thinking that this was my idea/ proposal.

Not shocking if true. I always assumed this would come back in some form. FastPass+ failed. Doesn't Paris do something similar already?

AVAC Juice

Not shocking if true. I always assumed this would come back in some form. FastPass+ failed. Doesn't Paris do something similar already?
I'm not a fan of this idea but it does seem the next evolution in ticket pricing. There is no ticket tier and the $ky is the limit for Team Disney Revenue.

Would you pay $7 per family member for front row at CBJ? A premium monorail experience with AC and 2 minutes for cupcakes and a photo with Donald only $11 per person. A doom buggy that didn't rattle and has cohesive audio for $2 extra?

I don't know about Paris friend.

Last edited:

AVAC Juice

I’m guessing Marty wasn’t being a dishonest shill for the Company when he said that.

I don't know what you are assuming or suggesting.

Do I think that you're a loser, Yes! I'm certain of that. Do I care? No!

I mentioned rumored MK attractions closings in the past vs today and parallels that connect and divide them.

Marty was dispelling rumours in the early 2000's. Same rumours today. Different attractions.

God love him!

I don't know if I can say GOD without being reported to the secret moderators. Gee.

Last edited:

Phil12

If they go ahead and update/add songs and routines to the attraction, I think it’d be interesting if they added a randomized element like in ToT or Star Tours. You’d always get a slightly different show. There’d be constant variables, like Blood on the Saddle being in every performance, but if they got (competent, talented) voice actors to record 8-10 additional songs, and threw them in at random to create each 15-20 minute show, I think that would add longevity to the attraction. This would also encourage park guests to see the show more than once.

I pray if they do add new material, whomever was in charge of recasting/rewriting the Pirates Auction scene is not involved whatsoever. Yeesh.

Yes indeed they need to add a couple of Rap numbers that pop up at random. Who would expect Big Al to break out with a Rap tune while Teddi Beara would twerk along with Big Al? There wouldn't be an empty seat in the house!

OrlandoRising

Thank you for the compliment! That's what I'm aiming for with my site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom