Country 12 for EPCOT

My country 12 for Epcot is...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leo!

Original Poster
Hi all,

The purpose of the thread is to select a country number 12 for EPCOT, but not ONLY with a vote. You've to put also, one show/attraction, one food/restaurant and one merchandise for the country selected. Most options, were selected from food and wine kiosks and other from what I've saw in other forums/threads.

I've saw in other threads people saying... add russia!. Ok... Let's see if they could explain the whole package.

Leo!

Original Poster
My vote goes for Argentina.

Show/Attraction: A tango show.
Restaurant: An Argentinean Stakehouse could be a great addition.
Merchandise: Argentinean MATE.

Launchpad McQuack

I voted Spain. Not sure why, really. I just like the idea.

I also do like the Brazil idea. However, I would rather this be something added to Animal Kingdom, which a lot of people have suggested before.

LostPrincessKarleigh

I voted Greece.
Attraction: an omni-mover, kinda like SE, that talks about ancient greek mythology. Maybe the 12 major gods and an anecdote from the "main three" (Zeus, Hades, and Posiedon) (Could even tie in the Hercules movie!)
Food: restaurant inside a "crumbling temple" with a night sky (with outlined constellations). Kind of like what they have over in Mexico.
Merch: One word. TOGAS.;) And Hercules merch.:rolleyes:

Magenta Panther

I choose Ireland. For that, we'd need an Irish pub, much bigger than Rose and Crown, and with a thatched roof, and a really whimsical design, and a stage for Celtic music and Irish ballads (if you got a really good Irish tenor in there singing "Danny Boy", there wouldn't be a dry eye in the place. My fave Irish song is "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling"). It would always be St. Patrick's Day in the Irish Pavilion - green beer for everyone! AND we'd get a dark ride inside a Fairy Mound - here is some reference to these enchanted places: http://www.pinterest.com/j3merrill/cairn-s-and-fairy-mounds/ It would be a little like Maelstrom, but more ambitious, with leprechauns and a bit of real Irish history. Man, this could rock. I hope something like this happens. I'd visit WS a lot more often if there were a really awesome Irish pavilion. And I think it would be VERY popular with park guests - look how popular St. Patrick's Day is here in the States. You listening, TDO?

Last edited:

lunchbox1175

I voted Greece.
Attraction: an omni-mover, kinda like SE, that talks about ancient greek mythology. Maybe the 12 major gods and an anecdote from the "main three" (Zeus, Hades, and Posiedon) (Could even tie in the Hercules movie!)
Food: restaurant inside a "crumbling temple" with a night sky (with outlined constellations). Kind of like what they have over in Mexico.
Merch: One word. TOGAS.;) And Hercules merch.:rolleyes:
They could also have Olympic themed merchandise every 2 years....think of the statues they could put up as well or just buildings like a replica of the Parthenon.

Mukta

I voted for NZ because it is one of the most beautiful places on Earth and most people don't know much about it.

Attraction: A thrill ride similar to Spiderman. Move through beautiful scenery in your car (simulator screens) and occasional drops/twists for all of the adventure sports. See the Maori Haka, sheep shearing, wine country, fjords, etc.

Food: Maori/Polynesian/Seafood/NZ wine

Merchandise: Toy kiwi birds, Wool products, Wine

KLeigh

I also voted for Greece - rich culture and heritage, great food, and excellent merch opportunities.

I like the idea @LostPrincessKarleigh gave earlier - an attraction/ride with Greek mythology has a lot of potential.

While I would love to see a mini Sydney Opera House in the WS, I think Australia is better represented in AK.

Killnme

I said Ireland just because I'm Irish American. If they turned the whole inside of the Rose and Crown(make the outside area the restaurant) into the Pub I could be talked into voting for another country.

seascape

Egypt has no chance right now with all their problems. I think Brazil would be nice but then so would Australia and New Zealand. Either of the last 2 could have a wonderful attraction based on sailing.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Why not a "Showcase" country. Ideally make use of the Millennium Pavilion (Possibly expand it) and use it to showcase new Country/Countries every year or two years. It gives an means to showcase countries that may not be wealthy or "important" enough to be a main pavilion. This also gives something new to market every year or two.

rct247

Russia
  • Beautiful well known architectural elements like the spiral onion domes
  • Lots of history and a very important global country, yet so many people don't know much about it
  • Beautiful entertainment with ballet & music including the Nutcracker
  • Special Russian foods & drinks including borscht and vodka (Vodka bar anyone?)
  • Lots of ideas for Russian merchandise include nesting dolls, faberge eggs, fur hats, etc plus stuff related to the Russian space program
Honestly, a Soviet Union pavilion was planned at one point, but when things got tense, it was canceled. Russia isn't really seen in the best light right now, but no doubt it would still be a great addition to World Showcase.

Other countries like Brazil and Australia are great ideas, but many people focus on the nature and animals of these countries and would make better fits in Animal Kingdom. Greece is another one that I'd love to see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom