Countries added to World Showcase

jw24

Assuming space, money and resources are not a problem, my top five choices I would add would be:

Egypt (You could do a lot with the pyramids and/or Sphinx.)
Greece (A lot you can do with the architecture.)
Australia (Sydney Opera House replica could host a show of some sort.)
Netherlands (Windmills!)
India

So that would be 16 in total in a fantasy scenario. Sounds about right for World Showcase.

woodardfamily

In my humble but accurate opinion:) , I offer these five:

1. India. Phenomenal country, but it is almost a continent unto itself....hard to encapsulate in one pavilion...but it would be nice to see, plus the food would be awesome.
2. Ecuador. WS should have had a South American country when it opened originally and Ecuador would be good representation.
3. Tanzania. A great way to show off all that Africa has to offer. Many people would be surprised how many movies are filmed there.
4. Kazahkstan. Central Asia should also be represented and this country could contribute to a great pavilion. No, Borat would not/should not be included!
5. Australia. The only country that is a continent. Why this was not a part of the original WS design escapes me.

sublimesting

Egypt - Love to see the pyramids
Russia - World's largest country should probably be represented
Australia - It's Australia
Greece - Classic architecture and culture
India - Most populous nation
Brazil - Largest nation in South America, who isn't represented
Kenya - My choice for a south African nation
Ireland - Beautiful country and culture

wdwfan4ver

Poland - Known for its food.Poland also does have mountains and that means you can turning that into a coaster ride, or do a soarin' version of Poland. Another reason I picked Poland is because I'm Polish and another part of my ethnic already is in World showcase.

Greece - I love my ancient history and the fact is you can do a lot from an architecture standpoint and the culture of ancient Greece.

Egypt - see JW24's comment

Russia - use the original plans Disney had for it.

Brazil - You can have a Brazilian Steakhouse and have attractions like a Amazon River ride.

Belgium - World showcase needs a Waffle house. It is also would be great country for people to buy chocolate from. The Belfry of Bruges can even be a building for world showcase. Soarin' over Belgium would be a great attraction.

The Empress Lilly

India
Indonesia
Thailand
Korea

However, considering I'm a Eurocentric European Europhile, I'd prefer
The Netherlands
Belgium
Portugal
Switzerland
Austria
Spain

Wish they would combine pavilions. Remodel Norway into a Scandinavian pavilion. The Netherlands and Belgium could share one. And a British Isles one would be swell too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom