Counter Service HELP

SanFrancisco

Original Poster
Hey Everyone,

I've spent so much time planning my ADR's and thinking about where to have all my table service meals, that it occurs to me I'm not really sure about where the best counter service food is in each of the parks. Do you have recommendations regarding counter service food for:

MK
AK
Epcot
DHS
&
DTD

Also, is there any good counter service at AKL?

Any help is appreciated!

CinderALLIE

My last trip in Oct 06 I only did counter service.
My fave's were:
Pinocchio's Village Haus (MK)
Restaurantosaurus (AK)
Pizzafari (AK)
Toy Story Pizza Planet Arcade (DHS).
The 1st and last being my top 2, I loved the Cheese Pizza!!

danpam1024

DTD try Earl of Sandwich :slurp:
Epcot- Tangerine Cafe
DAK- Pizzasafari (for the decor)
MK-Columbia Harbour House
DHS :shrug: We usually grab a turkey leg and a beer:lol:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Hey Everyone,

I've spent so much time planning my ADR's and thinking about where to have all my table service meals, that it occurs to me I'm not really sure about where the best counter service food is in each of the parks. Do you have recommendations regarding counter service food for:

MK
AK
Epcot
DHS
&
DTD

Any help is appreciated!

MK - Cosmic Ray's unless El Piratio (sp?) is open
AK - FLAME TREE BBQ!!!!!
Epcot - If you like Japanese food - try the QSFB place in Japan otherwise the Land has great food
DHS - ABC Commissary or Toulca (sp?) Legs Turkey
&
DTD - Earl of Sandwich!

cblodg

Hey Everyone,

MK
AK
Epcot
DHS
&
DTD

Any help is appreciated!

MK- Columbia Harbor House
AK- Restaurantasouras
Epcot- Many counter service places to eat in both WS and FW
DHS- ABC Commissary and Backlot Express (next to Star Tours)
DTD- Earle of Sandwich is good.

RussJT

To go a bit further, I'll even add what I like to get there.

MK - Cosmic Ray's (rotisserie chicken meal)
AK - Flame Tree (ribs) or Pizzafari (Hot Italian Style sandwich)
Epcot - The one in Morocco (I can never remember the name) (Chicken and lamb platter)
DHS - ABC Commissary (Cuban sandwich)
DTD - Earl of Sandwich (Caribbean jerk chicken sandwich or the Scudetto)

GoofyMom2

My favorites:

AK: Flame Tree BBQ for chicken and their onion rings. Also, Restaurantasaurus for really good burgers...heard they changed their fries so no longer McD's fries.

MK: Columbia Harbor House...but haven't been since new menu. Kids like Pin. Village Hause. If you want simple and good, Casey's!

Epcot: Tangerine Cafe for a really big , deliscious meal. Sunshine Seasons if you are looking for dessert choices. Fish and Chips From Harry's if you want a "smaller" meal.

Studios: I have yet to find a CS I like here....sorry. I think Toy Story is some pretty bad pizza.

DTD: Earl of sandwich. If on DDP, Wolfgang's CS is very good.

SanFrancisco

Original Poster
Oh my! Thanks for all these great suggestions.

I think we'll definitely be trying Earl Of Sandwich because we'll be there for lunch one afternoon and I just love sandwiches. The last time we were there, the choices at DTD were a bit overwhelming and I don't think we liked much of what we had (except Ghirardelli) :)

So, I'm definitely putting Earl Of Sandwich on the list and looking into Cosmic Ray's. Has anyone here tried Pecos Bill's? Is that counter-service?
:slurp:

EmOhYouEssE

Don't let the line at Earl of Sandwich put you off. It moves really quickly. We almost made the mistake of not eating there for that reason. We're very glad we decided to try it. The sandwiches are excellent.

We also enjoy Flame Tree BBQ at AK. We actually went back there before they closed one evening and wrapped our food in foil to take back to POFQ to eat. It stayed hot for the return trip and was as good as when we ate there earlier in the week while in the park. (Ribs, cornbread, beans, key lime pie).

Disney Hollywood Studios is a place I can't recommend anything, as we ended up boating to the Boardwalk for lunch as everything at DHS was unappealing.

A little bit unorthodox, but at MK, we had a great lunch of a baked potato, roasted corn, and fruit from a stand between Liberty Square and Frontier Land. We took it to the picnic tables near the little place that sells funnel cakes and were able to see the parade perfectly without having to wait for hours like others lined by the curb.

We don't eat much fried food, so Columbia Harbor House doesn't appeal to us. Caseys has good hotdogs (I hate wheat bread and didn't notice the infamous bun change, they were soft and tasted like white buns).

Em

MissM

Has anyone here tried Pecos Bill's? Is that counter-service? :slurp:
Yup, Pecos Bill's is quick serve and they sell mainly burger items. You'll get the same burgers there that you get at Cosmic Ray's. You just don't get the "Chicken" and "Sandwich" lines that offer alternate menus at Pecos. I think they have a BBQ sandwich though in addition to the burgers at Pecos. If we want a burger and are on that side of the park, we'll eat at Pecos. If we're by Tomorrowland, we eat at Cosmic Rays.

I can't recommend ANY counter service at the Studios. The ABC Commissary is notorious for being horrible and generally inedible. Whatever you do, DO NOT get a burger there. They use a different supplier at the Studios and their burgers are nasty. The Backlot is marginally better, but overall, I just snack at the Studios and wait to eat when I've hopped elsewhere.
-m

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I can't recommend ANY counter service at the Studios. The ABC Commissary is notorious for being horrible and generally inedible. Whatever you do, DO NOT get a burger there. They use a different supplier at the Studios and their burgers are nasty. The Backlot is marginally better, but overall, I just snack at the Studios and wait to eat when I've hopped elsewhere.
-m

Agreed. I have never had anything I've liked at DHS counter service, not one thing. I think I'd do an extra table service at maybe 50's Prime Time before I'd eat at another walk up there.

On another note, at Columbia Harbor House I always get the soup and half sandwich (potato soup and tuna sandwich) and never choose the fried foods there. That's what I like about that location is that you aren't stuck with just chicken fingers and french fries. There are other CS options in MK, but that one is my favorite :slurp:

sarabi

MK- I'm in love with Casey's (all beef hot dogs with all the fixin's)
EPCOT- anything in world showcase. I agree Tangerine Cafe in Morrocco is excellent. I also love going to Sunshine Seasons at the Land. It's a great place to catch a bite while waiting for your fastpass window for soarin' to open.
DHS - I don't tend to eat here. Sorry, no advice.
DAK - Flame Tree Barbecue or Tusker House. Flame Tree has excellent seating in shady spots by the river. Very nice. Tusker is not quite so great for seating, but they have very healthy food and if a band is playing in Africa at Dawa bar, you can enjoy them while eating.
DTD - I don't tend to catch counter service here, but I'm very excited to try Earl of Sandwich which everyone keeps saying is so good.

natalia1681

EPCOT- I also love going to Sunshine Seasons at the Land. It's a great place to catch a bite while waiting for your fastpass window for soarin' to open.
DTD - I don't tend to catch counter service here, but I'm very excited to try Earl of Sandwich which everyone keeps saying is so good.

I also love going to Sunshine Seasons while waiting for my Fastpass for Soarin'. I like to time it so that I can finish my drink while strolling through the lines at Living with the Land and then hop off that ride and go to Soarin'.

I can also say that Earl of Sandwich is AWESOME:sohappy:. Delicious sandwiches and they are relatively cheap, compared with the rest of the Disney food:lol:

fauna

The Boardwalk is a good option - you can walk from Epcot or take a quick boat from DHS. The Spoodles Pizza Window is great - a plain pizza w/4 drinks was $25, which is a pretty good deal (in WDW) for some pretty good pizza.

I've also heard great things about Beaches n' Cream at BC in the same area. I'm looking forward to trying it when we stay there in Dec.

Computer Magic

The Boardwalk is a good option - you can walk from Epcot or take a quick boat from DHS. The Spoodles Pizza Window is great - a plain pizza w/4 drinks was $25, which is a pretty good deal (in WDW) for some pretty good pizza.

I've also heard great things about Beaches n' Cream at BC in the same area. I'm looking forward to trying it when we stay there in Dec.
Beaches n Cream is not a Counter Service. It is consider a Table Service. I wouldn't use a TS for BnC. I would pay cash and use the TS elsewhere. It is a great cash place, is not expensive, if you will run out of TS.

shmmrname

MK - Casey's Corner (Just simple Hotdogs and such, but very good.)
Epcot - Tangerine Cafe (Somewhat unique, moderately priced food. It's a nice change of pace)
AKL - Flame Tree BBQ (Good BBQ, with a choice of two sauces. We used to switch off between here and the Tusker House)
DHS - I don't have one really. I don't hate anything there, but it's just a quick boat ride to Epcot/Boardwalk, so we usually go that route.

abbeysmom

Yup, Pecos Bill's is quick serve and they sell mainly burger items. You'll get the same burgers there that you get at Cosmic Ray's. You just don't get the "Chicken" and "Sandwich" lines that offer alternate menus at Pecos. I think they have a BBQ sandwich though in addition to the burgers at Pecos. If we want a burger and are on that side of the park, we'll eat at Pecos. If we're by Tomorrowland, we eat at Cosmic Rays.

-m

Omg, I couldn't agree more. I hated that place. I was beginning to think that I was the only one that thought their food was nasty and unfortunately I got a Hamburger. It was probably the grossest thing I have ever eaten... I thought it was bad just because it was late. I do love Pecos Bill's though. The fixin's bar is great. I didn't get any but they have Grilled onions and Mushrooms for your burgers and sandwiches. Along with the normal stuff. Hubby loved it too. I don't remember the name of it but it's over close to Star Wars, it's counter service is pretty good. Nothing like ABC Commissary. UGH............

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom