Could use some advice please

DMut

Hi everyone. My wife and I are planning on taking our kids for their first trip this October. We will have 2 full days and a third morning (where I was luckily able to get a Cinderalla's Royal Table reservation). Although I have been to WDW many times without the kids, I feel like I should reach out to the community to help me make sure I get the most out of this trip. My kids will be 2.5 and 4.5.

First question is where to stay? We plan on staying at a DVC unit. Since the MK will be the focus of this trip, I was strongly leaning towards BLT. Figured we could walk to MK, or use the monorail, and be able to quickly retire to the hotel/pool for naps/downtime. I had also given some thought to OKW, as we have friends that will not stop raving about it, but seems like the extra travel time might not be worth it.

This all leads into question 2: Our itinerary. We are arriving late on a Tuesday night, so we'll just take it easy and get kids rested up the first night. I don't have detailed plans yet, but right now I figure Day 1: Breakfast TBD, morning in MK, retire to hotel around 12:30-1pm for a couple of hours or so of naps/lunch/pool time, head to DHS for evening/dinner. Day 2 AK in the morning, again naps/lunch/pool time in early afternoon, and return to MK for evening/dinner. Day 3: we have 10:15am CRT meal, and need to leave hotel around 1:30pm for trip home, so will have a little time for MK in morning. These are weekdays in early October, so hopefully parks wont be too crowded, and we can get a lot in. Anyone have thoughts on this plan? Are there any "MUST DO's" that I should budget time for, ie other character meals or events?

Finally, anyone have experience using the Disney babysitter services? We would love to get out at night for a later adult dinner or drinks, but are a little worried about leaving the kids in the room with someone. Not because I think something bad will happen, but this will be their first time in a room together, and while the little guy will be in a crib, and my daughter in a bed, I am worried that they wont go to sleep at ALL. We dont want them up playing til 11pm if we are out, no matter how much fun the babysitter might be. I want them to have fun, but we need them to be able to get to sleep. This trip is all about them, but it would be nice to get a little adult fun in too.

Sorry if this is so long, but I want this trip to be as magical for the kids as all my memories have been. Thanks in advnace for the help/advice!!!

sgtmgd

We used the Disney Babysitter New Years Eve..and they were fantastic...very prompt, professional, and had no complaints from the kids...albeit ours were 7 and 10.

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

We use the Kids Night out when we go on vacation, my son (3.5) loves it. We have never had any problem with them, and he has always been out. They are great and though cost some extra $ I always find the night of just adults wonderful. So I totally would say if you could go for it, the kids will have a blast

The only thing I will say about BLT is that my son had a hard time falling asleep there, at the time (2.5 then) he thought the outside nose was a little to loud for him. The place was fantastic and we never had an issue, but we were in a room right that overlooked the movie night and the movie kept him up. Otherwise it was a great place and very convenient.

Upvote 0

rufio

You're not going to Epcot??? :eek:

Okay. :p Anyway, I would suggest that if you want BLT you make your reservations ASAP! I made my reservations about a month ago and I had to divide our stay between different views because of availability.

Upvote 0

DMut

Original Poster
You're not going to Epcot??? :eek:

Okay. :p Anyway, I would suggest that if you want BLT you make your reservations ASAP! I made my reservations about a month ago and I had to divide our stay between different views because of availability.

Oh, its killing me not to go, but with the little guy and a short time frame, had to make some sacrifices. Thanks for the heads up on BLT.

Upvote 0

tizzo

Nothing to offer on your specific questions, but don't forget to account for MNSSHP which will be going on at MK selected nights during this period. You can tell which nights by looking at the MK calendar on Disney's web site. If the park closes at 7, it's probably a party night, meaning not only will you be kicked out of the park early, but there won't be any fireworks (except Hallowishes, which you can watch from outside the park) and probably no nighttime parade.

Upvote 0

DMut

Original Poster
Nothing to offer on your specific questions, but don't forget to account for MNSSHP which will be going on at MK selected nights during this period. You can tell which nights by looking at the MK calendar on Disney's web site. If the park closes at 7, it's probably a party night, meaning not only will you be kicked out of the park early, but there won't be any fireworks (except Hallowishes, which you can watch from outside the park) and probably no nighttime parade.

HUGELY helpful... The park is closing at 7pm on the Thursday I am there, the night I planned to head back in the evening. I guess we can rework, maybe do AK the first day, return to MK that evening, and then 2nd day do MK day and DHS in the evening.

Upvote 0

ml123_9

My only advice would be to spend a full day at MK and drop AK or DHS. Their is just to much to see and do at MK and going at a child's pace, it will be hard to do in two half days. I'm not saying don't go back to hotel to rest, but you may want to spend a day and a half at MK. Especially since it's closing at 7 one of the days. Just my 2 pennies. Have fun:wave:

Upvote 0

britdaw

My only advice would be to spend a full day at MK and drop AK or DHS. Their is just to much to see and do at MK and going at a child's pace, it will be hard to do in two half days. I'm not saying don't go back to hotel to rest, but you may want to spend a day and a half at MK. Especially since it's closing at 7 one of the days. Just my 2 pennies. Have fun:wave:

I second this. When we went, our girls were 9 and 4 and they had a hard time keeping up... I'd definitely focus more time in MK than trying to rush around getting to the other parks on this trip. Save DHS for a trip when they're older, IMO.

We also used Kid's Night Out while we were there in March and had an absolutely fabulous experience with them. I highly reccomend them for you if you guys want to go out without the kids for a while. :)

Upvote 0

eroyee

I would also recommend more time at MK because of your kid's ages. Especially if you are staying at BLT. You can always do the other parks the next time. Also, they would really love the Halloween party at MK if you wanted to pay the extra for the tickets.

Upvote 0

DMut

Original Poster
Skipping DHS is starting to make sense. I was thinking about the Beauty and the Beast show (its by far my daughters favorite movie), but meeting Belle at the character breakfast should be enough on that front.

Thanks for all the advice everyone!! If I am missing any "must do's" please let me know.

Upvote 0

tizzo

HUGELY helpful... The park is closing at 7pm on the Thursday I am there, the night I planned to head back in the evening. I guess we can rework, maybe do AK the first day, return to MK that evening, and then 2nd day do MK day and DHS in the evening.

I should have also said that everything on the operating hours calendar is subject to change. So until dates are announced and tickets on sale for MNSSHP (assuming they're not already - I really don't know but I assume not), try to maintain flexibility.

Upvote 0

TheMouseFan

My best suggestion is to make the most of the early mornings. If your kids are anything like mine, they like to get up early and then need the nap in the afternoon. We went this past October and were in MK before opening for CRT. We were exiting the castle just as the ropes were being dropped and were able to do the whole of Fantasyland in an hour or so. Then we were able to just stroll around and do whatever the kids decided they wanted to do. I highly recommend MNSSHP. My kids loved it, even though we got rained on!

Upvote 0

SMS55

For a character meal, you might want to try Chef Mickey's. The food isn't the greatest and it's pricey, but you get Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Chip and Dale. That will save you several hours of making lines at the park. Since you are bringing little ones, they may want to take pictures with them and since your trip is short, it might give you more time to see the parks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom